Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Floyd Fanatic
Loc: Atlanta, GA
Jury Duty
    #4224576 - 05/27/05 12:24 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

So i was picked to go in for jury duty, and was kinda pissed that i had to go. When i got there i figured i would just say that i think the guy is guilty out load during the questioning.

It was monday and i didnt get to go be questioned so i came back on tuesday. On tuesday i went in a court room to be interviewed for a case. It turned out to be a possession of a controlled substance and public drunkeness case. From them talking about the case, it seemed the guy was guilty of having meth on him and trying to drop it on the ground while the officers were escourting a guy to a bench after coming out of a billiards place.

I figured i just wouldnt respond to the questions and only to the personal questions. I got picked to be a juror and was kinda happy i got the case. They asked if i was going to be impartial to a drug case and everything in it, and i agreed. From right when i got picked, i was thinking of saying not guilty from the start just because it had to do with drugs and the guy was clearly not hurting anybody. Basically i wanted to get on the jury to help the guy out.

So wendsday comes and the trial starts, 2 cops and the bouncer testify, all having slightly different stories saying something to the extent that.... The cops showed up b/c he wouldnt pay his bar tab and was very drunk. WHile escourting him to the bench, he dropped a small baggie of meth on the ground. The cops refused to give him a breathalizer and a drug test. The defendent got a drug test when he got out of jail and it was negative. The cops didnt even care to take prints of the baggie.

From the defendents point of view, the bouncer just out of the bllue told him to leave and he refused, the cops came up, and at that time the bar tender came out side and told him to pay the tab, and he did. (this guy was a regular for 3 years at the bar). He says while he was walking with the cop, the other cop turned him around and yelled "what is this baggie!" and arrested him. He said he wasnt even drunk. The cops took his keys and there was a hand cuff key and the cops were making remarks about it, and they just denied it in court. Basically the cops didnt recall much and that was their answer for most of the questions.

Any way, we deliberated and found him not guilty on both charges. The defendent was very emotional when he heard this and thanked us. The guy is a 18 wheeler truck driver that gets randomly drug tested and has never failed. We could of ruined his life if we found him guilty. We just didnt have enough reason to say guilty. Personally i think he was set up.

The fact cops would try to get an innocent man in trouble sickens me.
The experience was very good and im glad i could help the guy out.

The gnomes have found a new way to say hooooray.
How do you feel?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
how did I gethere?

Loc: Texas
Re: Jury Duty [Re: Staypuft]
    #4224598 - 05/27/05 12:28 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

good on ya, man...............

way to make the system work for the people :thumbup:

Psychics will lead dogs to your body.

-Alleged fortune cookie message

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa
 User Gallery

#4224614 - 05/27/05 12:31 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

high five bro

It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #4224651 - 05/27/05 12:40 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

:thumbup: :thumbup:

I would never get that far.  The one time I had jury duty, I got out of it because it was a drug possession case and I said that I believe drugs should be legalized.  I got paid and didn't have to do my duty.

What you did was cooler, though.  Who was it on The Shroomery who came up with the idea of getting people on The Shroomery to cause hung jurys?  I think the idea was proven to be bunk because all it does is cause another trial which wastes time and money.

Mp3 of the month: The Loose Enz - The Black Door

the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #4224661 - 05/27/05 12:42 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

dude if ur gonna be staypuft , you need the staypuft marshmellow man in the sig

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub