Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Pet Allergies?
    #11652032 -

Okay so I have this insane allergy to cats.  If I'm in a new person's home I'll know if they have cats in about 5 minutes because my eyes itch to all hell and I can't stop sneezing.  We got some kittens about 2 months ago (I like animals more than I hate allergies) and I only have slight allergic episodes one or twice a week.  I could rub my face all over em and be fine some days and others I'll go into massive sneezing fits.  Is it possible to gain immunity to an allergy simply by always being exposed to it?  I was gonna see the doc for some allergy meds but if things keep going this way I may hold off.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pet Allergies? [Re: Newbie]
    #11652127 -

Wow I'm the same way bro! I just sneezed thinking about it :grin:. What I do it is if I have any contact with the cat I wash my hands, before I rub my nose. thats where you fuck up..


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pet Allergies? [Re: Polk_Audio3]
    #11652722 -

my gf was allergic really bad to my dogs when she first moved in.  she would break out in rashes just from contact.

  She has now lived here for 1.5 years, and never has a reaction at all..  so i think you can become immune.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pet Allergies? [Re: P-O]
    #11652732 -

PostiveOutlook said:
my gf was allergic really bad to my dogs when she first moved in.  she would break out in rashes just from contact.

  She has now lived here for 1.5 years, and never has a reaction at all..  so i think you can become immune.


Never heard of this.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pet Allergies? [Re: P-O]
    #11652745 -

I think so too.

I'm allergic to cats, and when we got one I had rashes all over my body (along with the usual sneezing/eye itching that I would get when I went to someones house who had cats) so the cat became an outside cat. Haha.

But these days I don't have any allergic reaction. Sometimes a slightly itchy nose.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pet Allergies? [Re: Met]
    #11652770 -

Sucks for you guys :awedance:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Allergic to cats and dogs LthirdSeyeD 1,177 8 08/18/10 06:26 PM
by wakenbake
* i think i might be allergic to my kitten!!! vade 1,115 13 03/04/07 12:15 PM
by trendal
* possibly allergic to seafood? wrestler_az 1,598 15 10/24/04 02:42 PM
by kronnyQ
* Anyone else having shittastic allergy problems right now?
( 1 2 all )
Gumby 4,115 34 08/18/08 07:53 PM
by adamgnome
* How do you treat your allergies? Need Help!
( 1 2 all )
jazzillion 4,689 31 06/24/08 08:54 PM
by FunGuyFan
* Allergies blow! trendalM 1,768 15 07/04/05 05:32 PM
by trendal
* Toronto Slang, and my weird milk protein allergy. Phluck 2,799 2 03/11/06 08:51 AM
by Darkcloud
* What are you allergic to?
( 1 2 3 all )
LucidDream 3,662 43 03/31/08 03:14 PM
by Brainiac

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
327 topic views. 2 members, 13 guests and 222 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 14 queries.