Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinejimbotron
Patty-Cake Enthusiast
 User Gallery

Re: Vikings Meltdown Celebration Thread [Re: Deltron3030]
    #11599540 - 12/06/09 09:39 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Deltron3030 said:
i missed what happend. i just saw him on the cart with his brother hovering over him. the dude was in tears.

He was running down the receiver, a safety came sliding on his belly at about 500 mph, hit him head-on in the knee... his lower leg was flopping around backwards. It was like one of those grisly kickboxing videos. :sad:

--------------------
BEST TEAM IN THE UNIVERSE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: Vikings Meltdown Celebration Thread [Re: jimbotron]
    #11599549 - 12/06/09 09:41 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah thats true although I dont think the guy is a retard lol. But I do have to say that it should be a pretty equal match as long as the vikings dont play like they did tonight.

--------------------

Invisiblegrewya
Gone Fishin'
Male User Gallery

Loc: Arlen Gun Club
Re: Vikings Meltdown Celebration Thread [Re: Triptonic]
    #11599624 - 12/06/09 09:53 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

That was ugly. Favre was due for a shit game and a couple INT's. The Cardinals looked pretty damn good. I'm not gonna bitch about being 10-2 though. Bring on the Bengals. :evil:

--------------------
Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.  - Joe Biden

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Trump Train
Re: Vikings Meltdown Celebration Thread [Re: grewya]
    #11599784 - 12/06/09 10:17 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

The Cardinals ARE good.  I love how short everybody's memory is and how nobody thought there was any chance that the defending NFC champs could win this game. 

I'll admit I didn't think it would be that lopsided, but its certainly not surprising, nor indicative of any kind of "meltdown".  The better team won.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineSmittysPawnShop
Ole Hipster
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Deep South
Re: Vikings Meltdown Celebration Thread [Re: Senor_Doobie]
    #11599903 - 12/06/09 10:36 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I make no claims to sdiscredit the Cards. Hell not only did they go to the superbowl, but they almost managed to win it. Im just happy to have a lil breathing room from the VIKS.

Now as far as making the claim that teh VIKS play in a dome so the noise in teh Superdome wont bother them is missing something. When the Viks play in their dome, the crowd gets silent for the offence. this goes for the Saints as well. I have been to games where Brees had to ask his fans to quiet down so that he could recieve the plays. With this said, Breat Favre has jsut as much exp in a noisy dome as any other NFL QB. This is why it is imperitive that the Saints lock up Home field as soon as possible.

One last point, if you think that there is another dome in the NFL that gets louder then the SUPERDOME you are wrong. That building is the loudest house in the NFL, and Im only 80%sure that this is documented.

--------------------
I belive that both Heaven and Hell exist on this earth. Our gift as humans is that we get to decide which realm we live in.

Offlinejimbotron
Patty-Cake Enthusiast
 User Gallery

Re: Vikings Meltdown Celebration Thread [Re: SmittysPawnShop]
    #11600177 - 12/06/09 11:30 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

SmittysPawnShop said:
Now as far as making the claim that teh VIKS play in a dome so the noise in teh Superdome wont bother them is missing something. When the Viks play in their dome, the crowd gets silent for the offence. this goes for the Saints as well. I have been to games where Brees had to ask his fans to quiet down so that he could recieve the plays. With this said, Breat Favre has jsut as much exp in a noisy dome as any other NFL QB. This is why it is imperitive that the Saints lock up Home field as soon as possible.

One last point, if you think that there is another dome in the NFL that gets louder then the SUPERDOME you are wrong. That building is the loudest house in the NFL, and Im only 80%sure that this is documented.

Tru dat and WHO DAT! Saying "Favre plays in a dome" is obviously wishful thinking. He plays in a dome with Vikings fans. When the Pats got slaughtered they were measuring the volume from the sidelines (when the Pats were on offense) and it got up to 120 db, that's like using a chainsaw or a jackhammer.

http://media.nola.com/saints_impact/other/saintsdecibel120109.pdf

And we don't even hate the Patriots.

--------------------
BEST TEAM IN THE UNIVERSE

OfflineDeltron3030
Stranger
Male

#11601269 - 12/07/09 05:55 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

the old rca dome used to be loudest.

the superdome probably is the loudest there is now.

--------------------

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #11601905 - 12/07/09 09:24 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

The Cardinals just showed what happens when you get pressure in Favre's face.  All of us Packer fans have seen this before.  I would say it was one of the first game (outside of Pitt) when anyone has got pressure on him.

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Re: Vikings Meltdown Celebration Thread [Re: Redstorm]
    #11602071 - 12/07/09 09:53 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Taking away the running game had something to do with it too.

--------------------

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Invisiblecortex
[ H ] ψ = [ E ] ψ
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gedankenexperiment
Re: Vikings Meltdown Celebration Thread [Re: Redstorm]
    #11602402 - 12/07/09 11:01 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
The Cardinals just showed what happens when you get pressure in Favre's face.  All of us Packer fans have seen this before.  I would say it was one of the first game (outside of Pitt) when anyone has got pressure on him.

:yesnod:

--------------------

Signature (up to 750 characters).

OfflineAnonymousRabbit
Comrade
 User Gallery

. [Re: cortex]
    #11602611 - 12/07/09 11:37 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------

Edited by AnonymousRabbit (05/19/22 12:54 AM)

OfflineDeltron3030
Stranger
Male

Re: Vikings Meltdown Celebration Thread [Re: AnonymousRabbit]
    #11602622 - 12/07/09 11:39 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

how big of a factor is the noise?

i mean how many times did the colts lose in playoff games at the rca?

--------------------

OfflineAnonymousRabbit
Comrade
 User Gallery

. [Re: Deltron3030]
    #11602730 - 12/07/09 11:57 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------

Edited by AnonymousRabbit (05/19/22 12:54 AM)

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ohio Flag
Re: Vikings Meltdown Celebration Thread [Re: Deltron3030]
    #11602763 - 12/07/09 12:03 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Deltron3030 said:
how big of a factor is the noise?

i mean how many times did the colts lose in playoff games at the rca?

The RCA was their home field.
How many times did they win there?

--------------------
!

OfflineDeltron3030
Stranger
Male

Re: Vikings Meltdown Celebration Thread [Re: jewunit]
    #11602933 - 12/07/09 12:32 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

a lot, but i was making the point that in the playoffs, seasoned teams aren't really as affected as one would think.

but then again i don't know their record in that dome in the playoffs. i was just offering up a theory.

--------------------

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Re: Vikings Meltdown Celebration Thread [Re: jewunit]
    #11602941 - 12/07/09 12:33 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Itmakes sense, if the games are soldout, the team is winning, and the crowd is aware of when to make its presence felt, that the 12th man in football is a legitimate force.

It is further true that in a dome, the noise will be louder.  There is no reason to think that the Saints at home in the playoffs will have the same advantage of any dome-home playoff team.

Is the advantage always the deciding factor in a game?  Of course not.  The ball bounces the way that it does.  If the visiting team is decidedly better, they can overcome.

Coaches also go out of their way to simulate crowd noise during practices before a big game with a dome team.  Silent snap counts are devised.  A well-disciplined and prepared team can negate a lot of the advantage. 

Favre has a reputation for not playing well in playoff games in domes.  There is reason to believe that the Super Dome could be a big factor against Minnesota in the playoffs, assuming the teams make it far enough to face each other.

The Cardinals made the Vikings look bad yesterday.  It will be interesting to see how they recover.

The Saints showed themselves to be beatable yesterday but I think they will bounce back with a vengeance.  They are still on course to win home-field throughout.  Would not surprise me to see Minnesota lose at least one more game.

If it does come down to NO and Minnesota in the playoffs, you gotta like NO.

--------------------

Invisiblecortex
[ H ] ψ = [ E ] ψ
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gedankenexperiment
Re: Vikings Meltdown Celebration Thread [Re: Senor_Doobie]
    #11603167 - 12/07/09 01:04 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

The Saints did not show themselves to be beatable.  They won.  It is not the first "bad looking" win they had this season, Carolina, Atlanta, and the Rams, lots of people said the EXACT same thing you are trying to say now, and it's no more true now than it was then, because the Saints keep on winning.  Blame it on "breaks" all you want, but when that game was lost, and the Saints caught a break from a missed FG, they took advantage and won.  "Breaks" happen all the time in football, but it takes a good team to capitalize on them and win the game.

I know, though, the it's hard to believe the Saints are actually a good team, I have trouble believing it myself sometimes, and I have been a fan since I've lived here.

--------------------

Signature (up to 750 characters).

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: Vikings Meltdown Celebration Thread [Re: cortex]
    #11603744 - 12/07/09 02:12 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

1. Qwest Field (Seattle Seahawks)- This place goes absolutely nuts when their Seahawks are on defense. Notoriously in November of 2005 the New York Giants were whistled for a ridiculous 11 false start penalties because of the amazing crowd noise. Any head coach will tell you that 11 false start penalties is a recipe for a loss. There is a reason they are called the 12th man.

2. Arrowhead Stadium (Kansas City Chiefs)- Give the Chiefs fans credit, despite what has been a lackluster team performance over the last few years the fans just keep showing up and getting extremely loud. This is the fourth largest stadium in the NFL and it continually sells out, but it isn't just the number of fans that is so amazing, it is the passion they show.

3. Lambeau Field (Green Bay Packers)- The Packers faithful are extremely serious about their football, and you'll know it by the end of each game. The frozen tundra of Green Bay often swallows up opposing players partly because of the weather and partly because of the deafening crowd noise.

4. Metrodome (Minnesota Vikings)- The Metrodome holds 64,121 people, and because of how closely packed in all of these fans are, it sounds as if there are far more fans than that. The Vikings faithful have helped the team to a very impressive home record over the last few years. Every opposing player worries about crowd noise when coming here, which is exactly the point.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom