Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekeifaman
Keifaman
help out a newb, please.
    #1156722 - 12/20/02 12:42 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Alright i have looked at the pf-tek and see that i need vermaculite and brown rice flower. I have been to home depot and they only sell perlite can i use that instead of vermaculite? And i have no idea were to pick up some brf, is there anything else i can use besides that? Does anybody know of any major chains in new england that carry either vermaculite or brf?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTriptopinkFloyd
No Hassles orBad Attitudes

Loc: nowhere I want to be
Re: help out a newb, please. [Re: keifaman]
    #1156727 - 12/20/02 12:46 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

check out online, go to google and look up brown rice flour thats how I found it.

--------------------
I do not partake in illegal acts of any kind, what i say is in pure interest for the science of mycology.

Offlinekeifaman
Keifaman
Re: help out a newb, please. [Re: TriptopinkFloyd]
    #1156735 - 12/20/02 12:55 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

i dont really see anything of use on google. Is there a way I can make brown rice into brown rice flower myself.

OfflineHamurabi
the babylonianleader..

Loc: Greece
    #1156749 - 12/20/02 01:10 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

LOL
why everybody sais "flower"?!?!?!
is it brown rice F-L-O-U-R

buy a coffee grinder and grind the brown rice there. it works great for me at least:-)

OfflineBladeLSD
Squirrel Master

#1156751 - 12/20/02 01:11 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Yes you grind it in a coffe grinder until its a powder. Verm cannot be substituted, but you could use perlite to humidify your terrarium.

--------------------
We might get glimpse's of objectivity every now, and then, but we're so inherently locked in our temporal and corporeal selves that we're irrevocably locked into subjectivity :crazy:

OfflineThom_Yorke
Residentcannibol
Loc: Tennessee
    #1156763 - 12/20/02 01:23 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I can't believe some garden store around your house doesn' have verm almost all do just ask...and look for brown rice FLOUR in the specialty area of the store and again just ask I'm sure you can find some helll Ill even send you some.

Sorry, I'm pretty high right now so if I said anything weird, sorry :wink: 

OfflineTriptopinkFloyd
No Hassles orBad Attitudes

Loc: nowhere I want to be
Re: help out a newb, please. [Re: BladeLSD]
    #1156808 - 12/20/02 01:54 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

In reply to:

Yes you grind it in a coffe grinder until its a powder. Verm cannot be substituted, but you could use perlite to humidify your terrarium.

You can sub verm. for perlite it is just not as good and very messy

--------------------
I do not partake in illegal acts of any kind, what i say is in pure interest for the science of mycology.

Edited by TriptopinkFloyd (12/20/02 01:55 AM)

OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Loc: Inner Eye
    #1157026 - 12/20/02 03:53 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

If you cant find any verm at home depot, it's probably because its a bad time of the year to look for the stuff. Do you have a walmart? Check there also. Just ask if they can order you a bag and im sure they will say yes, and in a few days you will get a bag.
If you give up on that front, you can always use the "poly tek" thats where you make one hole on the lid, fill it with a ball of polyester. Heres a great link for this:

http://www.fungifun.org/polyfill/

You can find polyfill at any petstore, store that sells pillows (Usually cheap end pillows are filled with 100% pollyester, rip it open) and they go for about 8$US, but thats a lifetime supply of the shit. If you dont want to bother, you can PM me and ill send you enough for a dozen jars for free, just to try out.
But man, you NEED vermiculite in this hobby, so try harder to findsome.
Hope this helps :smile: 

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
Just take my clothes and leave
And I'll be gone

OfflineNirvhead
-State of Art-

Loc: WA State, USA
Re: help out a newb, please. [Re: Thom_Yorke]
    #1157029 - 12/20/02 03:55 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Believe it... I live in Washington and have been trying to find vermiculite locally for the past week. Called the nursey and asked: "Oh yes, we have a bale of it out in the shed let me go check..................... Oh I'm sorry, it' perlite blah blah blah." Stopped by the garden supply store: "Let me check, it comes in little bags right?............... Well I don't see any, but we do have perlite." Checked WalMart in two cities with no luck. Checked three places in a neighboring town and they all told me variations on "Not at this time of year" and "No, but we have perlite". SO I resorted to online suppliers, but my credit card had only $15 on it and wouldn't cover shipping at most sites. I eventually resorted to ordering from an Australian supplier but had to cancel the order after they told me shipping would be $38.50. So now I get to sit and wait until after Christmas when the nursery gets some vermiculite in. I was able to find small bags of brown rice flour at a local health food store though.

--------------------
Like a fiend in a cloud
With howling woe,
After night I do croud
And with night will go;
I turn my back to the east,
From whence comforts have increas'd;
For light doth seize my brain
With frantic pain.

OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Loc: Inner Eye
Re: help out a newb, please. [Re: Nirvhead]
    #1157039 - 12/20/02 04:01 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Thats pretty bad, I would have never guessed that it was that hard to get it. I'd still try asking if they can order a bag. Keep trying:)

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
Just take my clothes and leave
And I'll be gone

OfflineRabbitt
Fucktard=k3y
 User Gallery

Re: help out a newb, please. [Re: Northernsoul]
    #1157101 - 12/20/02 04:40 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Dont you have a lowes chain store round you ?? they have everything for sunstrate and casings any time of the year

--------------------
[NubS]

Offlinekeifaman
Keifaman
Re: help out a newb, please. [Re: Rabbitt]
    #1157119 - 12/20/02 04:50 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

no I live in New Hampshire and I don't think they go up this way the only place ive seen a lowes is either a movie theater or down south. I think it showed be noted that I live in a hic-town in New Hampshire were I need to drive 30 minutes to reach a store. It's the home of the Loudon Speedway if any of you watch racing. Personally i can't stand it.

Edited by keifaman (12/20/02 04:55 AM)

OfflinePooGrower
Mr. Hanky

Loc: East Side
    #1157245 - 12/20/02 05:36 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

The BRF is in any HEALTH FOOD STORES OR HEALTH FOOD SECTION of a grocery store.
The verm is at any garden place  Home Depot  Lowes  maybe local garden shop
JUST LOOK AROUND YOULL FIND IT AFTER A FEW TRYS
and dont use perlite as a substrate material :mad: dummy 

--------------------
"I WONT STOP TILL I HAVE A LIFE TIME SUPPLY" "dont be offended by anything i say, its in a joking manner"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals