Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Motherfucker stole my experiment!
    #11563876 -

So the end of the semester is coming up and I have to finish up about 6 organic chem experiments that I started on. Most of them just involved washing, drying, and weighing some crystals that I grew (done with that).

I had to finish up another experiment(Friedel-Crafts) where I had a good 2 hours of work, let crystals grow over night, then another 2 hours of work tomorrow. So all in all, it's a very time consuming experiment.

I went into lab today and finished up the washing/drying/weighing and went to start on my Friedel-Crafts experiment. The professor makes us store all of our experiments in bins under the fume hoods. I checked every fucking bin in the lab and every hood in the lab... mine was no where to be found.

Some asshole stole my experiment because their lazy ass didn't do it. I spent a good hour or two looking for it and freaking out over how I wasn't going to have enough time to finish it if I did find it, and what would happen if I didn't find it, all thanks to some lazy piece of shit.

I asked a TA what I should do and she told me to talk to the professor in charge, who is a real cunt. I don't use that word often either, I reserve it for the most miserable fuckerfaces in the world. Luckily he was understanding(I was shocked) and he said if it doesn't show up when lab is over then I won't be penalized for it because I can't help that it was stolen. It won't show up. I checked every single 250mL round bottom flask in that lab.

But seriously, who the fuck would steal an experiment when the person it's being stolen from's education and future lively hood is on the line? That just fucking infuriates me. If I ever find out who stole it, there will be hell to pay.

RAWRRRRR!!

:kingcrankey:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Motherfucker stole my experiment! [Re: Gumby]
    #11563886 -

people just dont have morals these days. just gotta hope for karma

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Motherfucker stole my experiment! [Re: Gumby]
    #11563887 -

sucks dude. I guess the best way to get through this is to not think about it and redo your experiment.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Motherfucker stole my experiment! [Re: holybrown101]
    #11563898 -

Can't redo, tomorrow is the last day of lab. Like I said, prof said that if it never shows up then I don't have to worry about it. Never expected that reaction from him.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Motherfucker stole my experiment! [Re: holybrown101]
    #11563901 -

holybrown101 said:
sucks dude. I guess the best way to get through this is to find the motherfucker who did it and wring his neck.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Motherfucker stole my experiment! [Re: holybrown101]
    #11563902 -

are there cameras in that lab?


when you find the fiend, penetrate em' with crystals:hehehe:


--------------------
EVERYTHING EVENTUALLY BECOMES A DESERT


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Motherfucker stole my experiment! [Re: Gumby]
    #11563912 -

Gumby said:
But seriously, who the fuck would steal an experiment when the person it's being stolen from's education and future lively hood is on the line? That just fucking infuriates me. If I ever find out who stole it, there will be hell to pay.




somebody who really enjoys their :happyweed:


sucks to hear but hey atleast the professor is being cool about it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Motherfucker stole my experiment! [Re: Salomon]
    #11563926 -

Salomon said:
are there cameras in that lab?




Nope, and it wouldn't help me out anyway. The experiment and lab bench number is written on the round bottom flask, a camera wouldn't be able to see it.

If I find the person I'm gonna make them drink the experiment. That'll show them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Motherfucker stole my experiment! [Re: blazenn]
    #11563945 -

I had a similar incident happen to my in my O.chem lab last semester.  Only difference is student got caught with mine, least to say he failed the class.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Motherfucker stole my experiment! [Re: Gumby]
    #11563957 -

same thing happened to me once, but the stakes weren't nearly as high. It still totally sucked, though.

It was in a highschool art class. The assignment was to design a shirt using 3 techniques we learned that term. I made a sick shirt using tie-dye, stencils and silk screening. I applied my design in stages, and on the last night I left it to dry overnight. The next day it was gone. I got part marks on the assignment but I was so furious that someone stole this shirt. I put so much labour into it and the design was personally significant and looked fucking awesome. I was planning on wearing it.

At least your prof is being a good sport!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Motherfucker stole my experiment! [Re: SampaJasli]
    #11563969 -

Ahh good old assignment stealing.

Brings me back to highschool wood work.

50% of the class worked very hard, 50% did NOTHING. You would get 15 weeks into an epic project and then suddenly several integral pieces went missing.

Some douchebag steals it, sands your name off and puts it on his job.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Motherfucker stole my experiment! [Re: Gumby]
    #11563970 -

To jeopardize someone's future just because you were too lazy to do it yourself is just disgusting. People these days.:nonono:  Glad it worked out though and you weren't penalized.


--------------------
:mushroom2:Good Vibes:mushroom2:



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Motherfucker stole my experiment! [Re: Vibes]
    #11564012 -

Sometimes I steal bananas from the dining hall but I would never steal someones work. Fucking cunt whoever did it :mad2:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Motherfucker stole my experiment! [Re: Chubba]
    #11564014 -

Chubba said:
Some douchebag steals it, sands your name off and puts it on his job.



Yep, I'm pretty sure that's what happened. All they had to do is erase my bench number and put theirs on it, which is why I checked every RB flask I could find. I hoped maybe the person was stupid enough to to steal the 600ml beaker it was in and just change that number, but no luck. I thought about marking all my glassware with permanent marker on the ground glass joint as an identifier but never did. Definitely should have.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Motherfucker stole my experiment! [Re: Gumby]
    #11564054 -

well at least u know for nextime


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Motherfucker stole my experiment! [Re: Gumby]
    #11564057 -

Remember that karmas a bitch. They probably won't even graduate college so you can :awedance: to that.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Motherfucker stole my experiment! [Re: Gumby]
    #11564060 -

do you have proof that this project was created by you? like pics/etc?

when the little bugger tries to pass it off as his own, then you have him by the balls.


if you want to get frantic about it, check up with every prof on campus. hell, get the police involved if it goes that far.



bah... i'm getting all mad now.


fuck that guy.


--------------------
EVERYTHING EVENTUALLY BECOMES A DESERT


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Motherfucker stole my experiment! [Re: Gumby]
    #11564062 -

It was me! I stole your crystals! AHAHAHAHA :kingtard:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Motherfucker stole my experiment! [Re: citricacidx]
    #11564154 -

i knew a lot of people that do shit like that, they are usually spoiled (rich parents) and would probably be in a frat. :shrug:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Motherfucker stole my experiment! [Re: rodfarva]
    #11610110 -

Dude whoa. I checked the bins under the hoods today just for shits and giggles. My fucking experiment was there, with my bench number on it and everything! AND! The stupid asshole that stole it did all the work for me and managed to get crystals. Everyone was having problems with getting crystals to form. I'm happy the asshole did all the work for me AND got crystals.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* we stole your mod
( 1 2 all )
joe666 3,381 26 05/04/04 03:16 PM
by Ripple
* Someone Stole My Wallet
( 1 2 all )
kosmic_charlie 2,521 20 07/19/04 10:48 PM
by Gus
* some dickweed stole my license plate kronnyQ 844 9 11/18/04 10:13 PM
by John
* Crystal Kids
( 1 2 all )
chinacat72 11,708 32 01/12/12 05:09 PM
by Learyfan
* the good old story ..aka CP crystall Crobih 3,105 18 01/26/03 12:42 AM
by Papaver
* Crystal Method silversoul7 1,345 5 01/18/03 05:09 PM
by Murex
* 'Cause I got pins motherfucker GnuBobo 837 1 08/08/04 07:20 AM
by MOTH
* The "THUMBPRINT"
( 1 2 3 4 ... 61 62 )
LearyfanS 648,359 1,223 04/28/24 12:23 PM
by SleepyF0x

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,440 topic views. 3 members, 48 guests and 99 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.037 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.