Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Cary Grant stamps
    #1149474 -

"Most of my hero's don't appear on no stamps" - Chuck D.

I'd love to be able to send a letter to someone with a Timothy Leary or a Albert Hoffman or a Ken Kesey stamp. Unfortunately, most of my heros will never be recognized by the United States Postal Service.

I've found the closest thing to a Timothy Leary stamp. The post office is currently offering Cary Grant Stamps. Cary Grant was one of Hollywood's most famous leading men. He also took about 100 acid trips I believe. He wasn't anywhere near as outspoken as Leary about his LSD conversion, but he did publicly state that he loved LSD. Here are some quotes from Grant himself...

In reply to:
"All my life, I've been searching for peace of
mind. I'd explored yoga and hypnotism and
made several attempts at mysticism. Nothing
really seemed to give me what I wanted until
this treatment."




In reply to:
"I have been born again. I have been through a
psychiatric experience which has completely
changed me. I was horrendous. I had to face
things about myself which I never admitted,
which I didn't know were there. Now I know that I hurt every woman I ever
loved. I was an utter fake, a self-opinionated bore, a know-all who knew
very little. I found I was hiding behind all kinds of defenses, hypocrisies and
vanities. I had to get rid of them layer by layer. The moment when your
conscious meets your subconscious is a hell of a wrench. With me there
came a day when I saw the light."




Later in the 60's I think he stopped taking it, but he was there for a while. The chapter of Cary Grants life when he loved LSD will always be a part of his story.

So I think I may buy these stamps. This is the closest i'll ever come to having an official(and well deserved) Tim Leary stamp.




--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cary Grant stamps [Re: Learyfan]
    #1149578 -

Wow! I didn't know he did acid. He's been in some good movies.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Post deleted by Anno [Re: Learyfan]
    #1151024 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cary Grant stamps [Re: ]
    #1151060 -

Yeah, you're right.

I don't think these are offical stamps though.




--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cary Grant stamps [Re: frogsheath]
    #1151440 -

Cary Grant is a Killer actor..


--------------------
We are the counter-culturaly elite...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cary Grant stamps [Re: Learyfan]
    #1151646 -

Hehehe... Yeah, that was back in the fifties, when some psychiatrists were using it for therapy. Cool! Thanks for pointing that out. :cool:

A Robert Mitchum stamp would be cool too, as he had quite the drug history... :smirk:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cary Grant stamps [Re: Learyfan]
    #1151718 -

From the Famous Dope Fiends trading card set...









--------------------

Edited by papaver (12/18/02 10:39 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cary Grant stamps [Re: moorhsum]
    #1152427 -

My favorite would be North by Northwest, followed by Notorious and To Catch A Thief. I will have to get some of those stamps.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cary Grant stamps [Re: frogsheath]
    #1153226 -

Yeah, those were great! I also liked "Charade." That was a classic. Some of the early screwball comedies from the thirties he did with Katherine Hepburn were great too! That one film, "Bringing up Baby," was fucking hilarious! :grin: :cool:

Question: Cary Grant was born in England, not America. I thought people on US Postage Stamps had to be born in the states, or is that just if you want to run for President?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cary Grant stamps [Re: Papaver]
    #1153249 -

  :laugh: I have "Charade" on tape.  I'll have to watch it again.  I didn't appreciate it the first time.  It has Audrey Hepburn, George Kennedy, Walter Matthau, and James Coburn too! With musical score by Henry Mancini!  I would like to know more about Grant's acid trips!  What must it have been like to dose government acid back then!  That's crazy!  :laugh: 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cary Grant stamps [Re: frogsheath]
    #1153256 -

Yeah, check it out again. I liked it. I believe a critic once called it the most Hitchockian movie that Hitchcock never made...


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cary Grant stamps [Re: Papaver]
    #1153333 -

Rocky VI will be the most Stallonean film Stallone has ever directed.  But I digress. :grin: 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cary Grant stamps [Re: frogsheath]
    #1154186 -

LoLz! Back on topic, whatever the topic is. Groucho Marx to LSD too... :laugh:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cary Grant stamps [Re: Papaver]
    #1158573 -

Those cards are great Papaver.



--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Cary Grant & LSD kosmic_charlie 2,786 3 06/26/11 08:44 AM
by Learyfan
* Food Stamps
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
chemicalequation 5,149 80 03/09/10 07:40 AM
by hisheater
* Kentucky Marijuana Tax Stamp Law pfshroomer 5,114 16 10/30/08 12:31 AM
by Prisoner#1
* Audry hepburn Hakim0777 814 14 12/09/09 04:53 AM
by tiny_rabid_birds
* Create your own real stamps
( 1 2 all )
LearyfanS 3,460 33 02/19/06 04:49 PM
by Konnrade
* What's your closest encounter with death?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
YouEnjoyMyself 9,820 69 02/19/08 09:21 PM
by C20H25N3O
* Cary Elwes
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
MorphinTime 2,652 81 01/28/14 04:11 PM
by travelleler
* Does anyone know where I can find info about getting government grants for starting your own buisnes emptywisdom 2,010 10 05/10/05 07:51 PM
by THE KRAT BARON

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,870 topic views. 5 members, 13 guests and 99 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.