Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Damn clogged tub.... [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #11492451 -

imo, if it is that clogged, better to pull the hair and gunk OUT rather than push it through or try to blast it out.  Zip-it and problem solved.  I've never had a tub that a zip-it didn't take care of.  You'll definitely learn a lot about home improvement thru experience.  So while you think you know nothing, you are learning a lot already.  I just bought a house and amazed at the shit I've learned already!  Zip-its are great for maintenance too if you or roomates have long hair.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Damn clogged tub.... [Re: meatsuit]
    #11492461 -

Yeah, or you could pour some sulfuric acid down the drain and then flush it out with water.  It will work.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Damn clogged tub.... [Re: meatsuit]
    #11492506 -

Like I said, I cant get anything down there, which means I probably wont be able to get the zip-it down.


--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Damn clogged tub.... [Re: idiotek]
    #11492572 -

1d10t3k said:
Yeah, or you could pour some sulfuric acid down the drain and then flush it out with water.  It will work.



if the pipes are iron, copper or brass that's a bad idea

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Damn clogged tub.... [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #11492593 -

Also considering the tub still has plenty of water in it wouldnt it react in a bad way.....?


--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Damn clogged tub.... [Re: meatsuit]
    #11492637 -

meatsuit said:
imo, if it is that clogged, better to pull the hair and gunk OUT rather than push it through or try to blast it out. I just bought a house and amazed at the shit I've learned already! 



I've done this sort of work most of my life, pops was a plumber for
over 50 years, you're assuming that it's a hair clog in a place that
that zipit can reach

eligal, make sure you're using the right screw driver and you push
inward with as much force as you can, most are #3 phillips, it's a fat
one with a flat tip, looks like this


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Damn clogged tub.... [Re: eligal]
    #11492648 -

eligal said:
Also considering the tub still has plenty of water in it wouldnt it react in a bad way.....?




it can also mean that it'll have no effect because it'll be too diluted

you wont be able to do much of anything if you dont get the overflow cover off

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Damn clogged tub.... [Re: eligal]
    #11492650 -

eligal said:
Just moved in a few days ago too!

It was draining slow so I used a bottle of drain cleaner since I couldnt find any wire hangers but it didnt do shit.

And now it wont even drain! :mad2:

So I went out and bought one of those baby plungers for sinks, and that doesnt do shit either! All I seem to get is a shit load of air bubbles! (How does the air come up when I plunge but no water goes down?)

Im gonna have to find a damn wire hanger soon, and that better work.... Otherwise I have no idea what else to do...



How the fuck did the people before me shower like this??  :stars:



RELAX! Get Drano Max.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Damn clogged tub.... [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #11492944 -

Woo!  :whoo:

I got the overflow cover off! All I needed was some power Tools and the driver head you showed... :grin:
Wasnt too cool holding an electric drill over a tub of water though... :tongue2:

Once I got that off, before I would try to fish around with a hanger, I stuck the wet cloth in the hole and held it there while pumping the plunger with the other hand and the clog opened up just enough for the water to drain.

Was a pretty nasty tub floor left for me to clean up...

I guess the worst is behind me... At least now the water can drain through.
Now I just gotta try to get rid of the gunk completely.


Big thanks to everyone who contributed! If youre ever in the area youre welcome to take a shower here. :thumbup:


--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Damn clogged tub.... [Re: eligal]
    #11493020 -

eligal said:
Wasnt too cool holding an electric drill over a tub of water though...



electrocution is only twice as bad as it sounds

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Damn clogged tub.... [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #11493059 -

Well thats not very reassuring... :undecided:

Eh, fuck it, Im still alive  :sun:


--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Damn clogged tub.... [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #11493429 -

Prisoner#1 said:
eligal said:
Wasnt too cool holding an electric drill over a tub of water though...



electrocution is only twice as bad as it sounds




Only for a second.  :smirk:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Damn clogged tub.... [Re: idiotek]
    #11493476 -

I like that you always see the silver lining

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Damn clogged tub.... [Re: eligal]
    #11493528 -

eligal said:
Well thats not very reassuring... :undecided:

Eh, fuck it, Im still alive  :sun:



I would suggest that you pour a little tiny bit of sulfuric acid down yer drain this one time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Damn clogged tub.... [Re: idiotek]
    #11493592 -

sulfuric acid really works well, You just gotta be carful the pipes don't get too hot and warp if they are PVC stand by with a pitcher of cold water. It will flush your pipes very quick though.


--------------------
Don't smell the flowers, They're an evil drug to make you lose your mind

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Damn clogged tub.... [Re: pmb]
    #11493882 -

If you are a renter this is your landlords responsibility make sure to save receipts.  Any decent landlord will take the supplies of your next months rent.


--------------------
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Student Charged With Clogging Toilet
( 1 2 all )
Adom 2,255 20 02/14/19 04:21 PM
by theRealrollforever
* Cake clogs toilet! CerebralFlower 913 3 04/22/04 06:39 PM
by DestruKtiKon
* Help, my toilet is overflowing!! MOTH 868 12 10/22/04 10:26 PM
by captiveharmony
* every time i step out of my car, i get electrocuted
( 1 2 all )
ZippoZM 2,647 21 05/06/07 09:49 AM
by D4NK
* Explanations for a tub-in-tub? GnuBobo 448 3 07/09/04 12:55 AM
by GnuBobo
* life is so damn tough sometimes ZippoZM 1,065 16 03/16/05 01:02 AM
by oDin
* GOD FUCKIN DAMN IT
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Snape 8,838 96 11/25/04 02:42 PM
by Gomp
* Damn insomnia!
( 1 2 all )
ToTheSummit 4,843 36 10/13/04 12:10 AM
by pacopaco

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,150 topic views. 4 members, 41 guests and 88 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 17 queries.