Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
I want to make my invention public domain: Please help
    #11466300 -

This is an idea that should save lives and lead to fewer accidents on the road. I tried to get someone to help me develop it to make money off of eventually, but I decided that I don't want a corporation to own the patent for this and suck us all dry making money on it, so I need to spread the word about it so that it will become public domain, and completely unpatentable.  If you're thinking of patenting this yourself, and being a greedy bastard like I almost was, then realize fast that it is too late.


The Accelerator Light


This would be a totally new way of making cars safer on the road by giving other drivers more information about the movement of other cars. 

What this light would do: When a driver uses the accelerator, this light would glow to show that the accellerator was being used.  This would prevent accidents, because now when a car is behind another, the driver behind can ready themselves to break before the car ahead does by preparing themselves to brake when the accelerator light goes off. With that information, there will be fewer neglectful rear-end collisions because drivers who aren't just completely not paying attention will be ready at an earlier moment.

Description: The light itself would be green, because of its relation to "going" it seems to make sense. And it could either work being a single light, a dimmer to indicate how much the accelerator is being applied, or be a series of lights.


Problems and solutions:
Problem: People won't like the change, and automakers will be reluctant to use this new feature.
Solution: The light can be seen as a saftey feature.

Problem: Not all cars will have this light at first, only new ones will
Solution: Retrofitting a light will be incredibly easy, and will produce a market all its own

Problem: The auto industry isn't selling as many cars, and people have little reason to buy a new one.
Solution: This light will give them a reason, it will make their car safer, and it will be seen as a social responsibility to have this light because others will see those who do as people who care about the safety of others.

Problem: This light won't always be useful, like when driving downhill.
Solution: At worst, the brake lights will be the same, and people will get used to the idea that the accelerator light is most useful in certain environments, like cities, large suburban commercial areas, and highways.

Problem: We don't know if the auto makers will take to this idea.
Sol ution: The accelerator light will help them sell new cars to people who care about having new safety features. This could help the economy, and specifically the american auto industry greatly.

Problem: Car drivers worldwide will want this light.
Solution: Is that a problem? Haha.

Problem: Some car makers might not feel the need for this feature.
Solution: This is a safety feature and customers will want it.


So, what do you think? When I thought of this I couldn't believe that I seemed to be the first.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to make my invention public domain: Please help [Re: xFrockx]
    #11466339 -

Good luck with that.  The seatbelt was  an ad on  feature at one time. Who knows.

All I need Is a ticket for my AC lite being out>  Fun!!


--------------------
:irishtoast:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to make my invention public domain: Please help [Re: cacharstar]
    #11466347 -

That argument will never go away, but really its a drivers responsibility to check their lights not just for themselves but for other drivers.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to make my invention public domain: Please help [Re: xFrockx]
    #11466425 -

I'm not putting an ugly ass green light on my car.  Besides... what's new?  You're not inventing a green light, a car, or even a car with a light. 

Brake lights... that was a good idea.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to make my invention public domain: Please help [Re: Cowgold]
    #11466451 -

The ugly ass green light well help the pretty red ones from being smashed in when a teenager or grandparent with bad reaction time gets too close.

Edited by xFrockx (11/16/09 11:30 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to make my invention public domain: Please help [Re: xFrockx]
    #11466466 -

The only light that will prevent that is the brake lights already on my car.  Your light does nothing for safety.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to make my invention public domain: Please help [Re: xFrockx]
    #11466478 -

P.S. *will

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to make my invention public domain: Please help [Re: Cowgold]
    #11466557 -

When someone lets off the accelerator the light goes off, and the driver behind will know that they might be braking soon.  The readyness state moves from whenever the driver behind's reaction time alerts them to brake lights, to when they are alerted to the green light going off.  Depending on the specific situation, this could give a lot or a little bit of time to be ready to stop.

Edited by xFrockx (11/16/09 11:45 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to make my invention public domain: Please help [Re: xFrockx]
    #11466580 -

I've seen this but it was blue not green. Srry but somebody beat you to it.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to make my invention public domain: Please help [Re: xFrockx]
    #11466594 -

So basically, it serves the same function as the brake light.  It is unnecessary.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to make my invention public domain: Please help [Re: xFrockx]
    #11466596 -

I like this idea!
I think there should be an objective visual signal to relate to the acceleration.
It makes a lot of sense.
People are too vain about their cars in America, so any additional feature would have to blend in with the bling-bling.


--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion



Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to make my invention public domain: Please help [Re: Apollyphelion]
    #11466602 -

Apollyphelion said:
so any additional feature would have to blend in with the bling-bling.



Precisely!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to make my invention public domain: Please help [Re: xFrockx]
    #11466609 -

Sounds like a cool idea. The brake light only shows when the brakes are applied.

A separate light for the accelerator would definitely help somewhat.

You can be driving behind a car which could be slowing down by itself but since the brake lights are not lit up, you could think the person is keeping a constant speed when it's really slowing down. So it would make the driver in the back think "well their foot is not on the accelerator so he must be slowing down gradually or preparing to brake soon."

I can see where the OP is coming from, it would definitely give drivers an extra time window to prepare to slow down.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to make my invention public domain: Please help [Re: Cowgold]
    #11466627 -

This idea kinda reminds me of how they work their traffic lights in the UK.

Goes from green to yellow to red like normal, but before it goes back to green for a few seconds both the red and yellow light will be lit so people can start releasing the brake early to make traffic more efficient.  I do this anyways by looking at the intersecting lights, but it's gotta help out people who aren't that observant.



--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to make my invention public domain: Please help [Re: Cowgold]
    #11466631 -

Cowgold said:
Apollyphelion said:
so any additional feature would have to blend in with the bling-bling.



Precisely!



I honestly find this aspect about cars DISGUSTING, they are no longer a tool to get to point A to point B, but almost mini houses, causing a slowly but surely descent into mass homelessness. Americans are slowly becoming their cars, slaves to gas, slaves to money, slaves to industry, slaves to mechanical fashion. Cars have us whipped(lashed).


--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion



Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to make my invention public domain: Please help [Re: x Ju x]
    #11466632 -

Thank you.  I think people easily misunderstand the idea.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to make my invention public domain: Please help [Re: x Ju x]
    #11466636 -

I would prefer a light on the front of the car that means "Get the fuck out of the way."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to make my invention public domain: Please help [Re: Apollyphelion]
    #11466638 -

That wouldn't be the light's fault, this would just be a safety feature with the possibility of looking cool.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to make my invention public domain: Please help [Re: xFrockx]
    #11466642 -

I can see the usefulness of this.  I often downshift when I need to slow down instead of hitting the breaks.  There's many times people end right up on my ass this way because no break lights ever come on.

In reality though, left up to the auto-makers, this would NEVER get implemented.  It costs them money, time, re-designs, etc.  The only way it would ever come to pass would be with years of testing by the government, proof that it's significantly usefull at preventing crashes, and then a law requiring it be on all new cars.

See the evolution of the seatbelt, and more recently, that center mounted rear window break light.


--------------------
  • When we built temples to view the stars, we knew about all 2000 of them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to make my invention public domain: Please help [Re: xFrockx]
    #11466648 -

Safety devices are far too numerous as it is.

I can be fined (according to two squad patrols) for riding a bike at night, under streetlights, for not having reflectors, mirrors, a frickin' spotlight on the front, and a helmet.

SHOULD I MUMMIFY MYSELF IN BUBBLEWRAP, AND ROLL AROUND IN A GIANT RUBBER HAMSTER BALL, OFFICER!?


--------------------
The Mad Shroomer said:
People are always promising the apocalypse. They never deliver. :frown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Free public uploader (5MB filesize) Rambone 825 5 06/13/05 06:43 AM
by Rambone
* Cheapeast domain name registration? Irradiated_Feces 1,024 13 01/04/08 07:12 PM
by belligerent
* Master of Your Domain
( 1 2 all )
Mighty Bop 1,637 31 05/28/05 04:39 PM
by Skunk420
* Domain name ideas AngeloWish 1,159 11 05/25/06 01:37 PM
by AngeloWish
* planning to buy an internet domain name butterflydawn 825 10 05/05/07 08:43 PM
by JunkFood
* Webhost and Domain Anonymous 813 8 01/26/06 07:51 PM
by automan
* The most under rated invention?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
DankAne 10,243 61 10/31/05 01:09 AM
by hawksapprentice
* How to identify shroomerites in public? Secret sign?
( 1 2 3 all )
myndreach 3,626 52 07/24/05 06:16 PM
by HELLA_TIGHT

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,091 topic views. 7 members, 22 guests and 177 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.