Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinewalzmanm
Living, not merely existing
Male User Gallery

Getting out of your comfort zone
    #11360934 - 11/01/09 03:41 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I feel like the only way I can grow as a human being is by going out of my comfort zone. For instance, I feel like life gets a lot better when I strike up random conversations with strangers. Do y'all have similar experiences?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekaste
six-nine power slider
Male

Loc: Latvia Flag
Re: Getting out of your comfort zone [Re: walzmanm]
    #11360938 - 11/01/09 03:45 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

When i get thrown out of mine routine i feel like something's not right. It's really a "suckish" feeling.

--------------------

It could be worse. A woman could cut off your penis while you're sleeping and toss it out the window of a moving car.

OfflineAhimsa
µdose
Male

#11360944 - 11/01/09 03:48 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Try this post in the psychology, philosophy forum later on in about 10 hours when we have about a dozen or so people online. You can be sure of some interesting responses...
Just felt like telling you because it's a psy thing imo. Cya... :wink:

OfflineMorgenstern
WHAT!

Loc: Flag
    #11360948 - 11/01/09 03:52 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

walzmanm said:
I feel like life gets a lot better when I strike up random conversations with strangers. Do y'all have similar experiences?

Absolutely.

--------------------
Admins can't read graphs.

Invisiblekoppie
astral projectile
Male

Loc: cloud hidden
    #11360981 - 11/01/09 04:39 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Yup. My comfort zone is a shitty place to be. Leaving it induces bouts of pure terror and sleepless nights in me, but it is worth it every time. And sometimes I can fool myself by pretending that my panic really is excitement.

Invisiblekoraks
    #11361025 - 11/01/09 05:19 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

walzmanm said:
I feel like the only way I can grow as a human being is by going out of my comfort zone. For instance, I feel like life gets a lot better when I strike up random conversations with strangers. Do y'all have similar experiences?

Yes, although I chose not to spend my time outside my comfort zone making random conversations with strangers. Although that may sometimes be pleasant or even educational, I prefer kicking my own butt in order to attempt to achieve something career-wise. So still talking to strangers, but certainly not in a random way.

Nevertheless, I don't really enjoy it. I enjoy my comfort zone. But as many things in life, it tends to get moldy after too much use and I need to expand it a bit to allow for fresh growth.

InvisibleAcidic_SlothM
Acidic poly-Sided Di-slothamide
 User Gallery

Loc: ainrofilac Flag
    #11361031 - 11/01/09 05:25 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

my comfort zone is comforting.

--------------------
-- Accept my heart warming gift of TREE SCRATCHIES!!! I absolve thee!! --

JaP: 30,000 lines of gay, cock, and fag can't be wrong
Ped: only in #shroomery is "smuggle opium in her ass" followed by "i don't want shitty opium" which is followed by " *** Joins: PENISSQUAD"
--
JaP: What would this place be without random sluts?
JaP: Nothing, I tell you.

:heart: :todcasil: :heart:

OfflineAmericanPsycho
Abomination of Nature
Male User Gallery

Loc: Normandy SR2 Flag
    #11361049 - 11/01/09 05:34 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Mataspore said:
Quote:

walzmanm said:
I feel like life gets a lot better when I strike up random conversations with strangers. Do y'all have similar experiences?

Absolutely.

If I did that it would probably go something like this..

--------------------

Offlineaustino313
Lightbolb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bristol, UK
Re: Getting out of your comfort zone [Re: AmericanPsycho]
    #11361059 - 11/01/09 05:37 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I am totally feeling you brother. How do we as humans learn, we learn from experience. How can you advance as a being without seeking new experiences?

--------------------

Invisibletiny_rabid_birds
Nocturnal
 User Gallery

Loc: estados unidos Flag
Re: Getting out of your comfort zone [Re: AmericanPsycho]
    #11361066 - 11/01/09 05:40 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i'm very boring when i don't leave my comfort zone - filled with a smoky haze of campy movies, video games and internet.  and disc golf.  even though i'm not great, i'm still pretty comfortable extending my smoky bubble to the disc golf course.

i would absolutely agree it's necessary to venture outside of one's comfort zone to grow as a person.

--------------------

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Trump Train
Re: Getting out of your comfort zone [Re: tiny_rabid_birds]
    #11361596 - 11/01/09 09:25 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Me too.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Offlinex Ju x
Aubergine Of The Sun
Male

Loc: Shpongleland, Canada Flag
    #11361634 - 11/01/09 09:34 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Same for me as well. I'm kind of a shy person...or used to be anyways. For the past little while I've been trying to "break out of my shell," so to speak. Like talking to strangers, doing things I wouldn't normally do. It's scary at first but makes you feel amazing when you do something you wouldn't normally do, even when it's something as small as striking up conversations with strangers.

--------------------

Offlineweshroom
 User Gallery

Re: Getting out of your comfort zone [Re: Senor_Doobie]
    #11361663 - 11/01/09 09:40 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I also agree, the state of an individual is that of a temporary one. Constantly push towards expanding and stepping out of your comfort zone and you will over time find yourself in a much larger one.

InvisibleTTT
Cultivate the inside
 User Gallery

Re: Getting out of your comfort zone [Re: x Ju x]
    #11361668 - 11/01/09 09:41 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

x Ju x said:
Same for me as well. I'm kind of a shy person...or used to be anyways. For the past little while I've been trying to "break out of my shell," so to speak. Like talking to strangers, doing things I wouldn't normally do. It's scary at first but makes you feel amazing when you do something you wouldn't normally do, even when it's something as small as striking up conversations with strangers.

Same with me. Ive been trying to seek out customer service and retail jobs so Id be forced to talk to my co-workers and customers more often. It really has helped me a lot.

Acid really helped me with that too. Thats why Id like to find some more eventually. I need an ego booster. Shrooms just tear me apart and leave me with nothing now.

Invisibleblkjkrabbit

Re: Getting out of your comfort zone [Re: TTT]
    #11361686 - 11/01/09 09:43 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I mix it up. It's the only way to grow!!

Dropped some cid with my girl last night, ma 3rd eye is squeeky fuckin clean with all sorts of fun little happy go lucky thoughts..it's a damn carnival up there. :awedance:

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery

Re: Getting out of your comfort zone [Re: Acidic_Sloth]
    #11361693 - 11/01/09 09:45 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Acidic_Sloth said:
my comfort zone is comforting.

:handth:

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Offlinex Ju x
Aubergine Of The Sun
Male

Loc: Shpongleland, Canada Flag
Re: Getting out of your comfort zone [Re: TTT]
    #11361702 - 11/01/09 09:47 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

The past 2 jobs I've had over the last 4 years had me dealing directly with strangers in some way, but it didn't really make me any less shy until the past 6-12 months or so.

So now, when I can, I try to talk to people all the time. Like last night I was downtown at my city's yearly Mardi Gras party and I was taking a piss in a urinal in one of the clubs, when a guy dressed like James Bond came up and started pissing next to me. He asked me why I wasn't dressed up and we just started talking while pissing. Thinking back now I wish the conversation hadn't happened while both our cocks were out and less than 3 feet away from each other...but that's life :shrug:

--------------------

Invisibletiny_rabid_birds
Nocturnal
 User Gallery

Loc: estados unidos Flag
    #11362149 - 11/01/09 11:39 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i've worked service industry for the past 5 years.  hell, maybe more.  i'm pretty used to dealing with strangers on that level, and damn decent at it to be honest.  service is easy, you just keep a smile and do what they ask. 

actual compelling conversations are a completely different story, and if i'm meeting a lot of strangers/peers i can sometimes find it a bit mentally taxing.  but it's absolutely rewarding.  my first day being in vienna (i flew in solo), i ended up meeting a group of pretty cool guys at the hostile, with whom i hung out with during my stay there.  and then after that, i took the train to a different city with two of them; whereupon at the train station we met another cool guy, and the 4 of us ended up staying together/partying in the city for the next 3 days.  it was a pretty awesome introduction to my travels.

--------------------

OfflineNeuron
Tek Savant
Male

Loc: @meriKa
    #11362251 - 11/01/09 12:00 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Only when it comes to school, and conversations with others.

--------------------

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
    #11362275 - 11/01/09 12:04 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

x Ju x said:

Traveling for me is a great opportunity to "break out of my shell."

But yeah, i love going beyond my comfort level with some things - mostly physical things, but i have a real hard time "talking to strangers" and the like, but also find it rewarding when i do.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder