Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Are you okay with the fact you are sheep?
    #11289164 -

Everyone knows it, society is horribly controlled by the media and marketing. Our lives are strangled by it, ruining human creativity.
Does anyone here not care for a reason other than the fact that they themselves are a sheep to the vested interests?
I really want to hear the opinion of some one who is okay with this. I am dumbfounded.

I'm being sincere.


--------------------


Anyone need a glass pipe? : http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002435158931

Love powerfully :peace::heart::peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are you okay with the fact you are sheep? [Re: Drewwyann]
    #11289175 -

I train sheep for a living so yes I'm very okay with it. I train people in CPR and I love my job and I don't care what you call me a sheep or conformist or whatever. People look up to me and I've saved lives so I don't mind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are you okay with the fact you are sheep? [Re: Indubitably]
    #11289184 -

i need someone to influence me in such a way that breaks me out of my apathy towards man...


--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are you okay with the fact you are sheep? [Re: Syle]
    #11289214 -

Syle said:
i need someone to influence me in such a way that breaks me out of my apathy towards man...



well then that would take quite the unapathetic person, would it not? Maybe all of the people that could become that role model are thinking the same thing.


--------------------


Anyone need a glass pipe? : http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002435158931

Love powerfully :peace::heart::peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are you okay with the fact you are sheep? [Re: Drewwyann]
    #11289231 -

If everyone is a sheep, according to math, nobody is a sheep.


--------------------
14:31

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are you okay with the fact you are sheep? [Re: smack]
    #11289234 -

Dam thats deep.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are you okay with the fact you are sheep? [Re: Indubitably]
    #11289250 -

Deep as a sheep, meryl streep.  :sheepie:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are you okay with the fact you are sheep? [Re: Drewwyann]
    #11289254 -

Drewwyann said:
Everyone knows it, society is horribly controlled by the media and marketing. Our lives are strangled by it, ruining human creativity.
Does anyone here not care for a reason other than the fact that they themselves are a sheep to the vested interests?
I really want to hear the opinion of some one who is okay with this. I am dumbfounded.

I'm being sincere.



I think I know the group you are speaking to, but I don't think that the Shroomery fits your mold of "sheep". You're posting this in the wrong forum. Go to Dr. Phil's forums or something.

or MOVE TO THE AMAZON.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are you okay with the fact you are sheep? [Re: Syle]
    #11289258 -

I think the point is not that people are necessarily sheep, but each person is changing their viewpoints constantly. Most people change their perception so often that they eventually form a pattern that starts to resemble the general trend. I believe once a person starts to form this trend that it is hard for that person to expand their consciousness to a point where they are truly making a genuine discovery for mankind.

But if I should be labeled as a sheep, then yes i do enjoy my life and my interactions, as limited as they may be. I mean the other stuff is what we have the Einsteins of the world for right?

Well, I want to make breakthroughs just like everyone else, but it takes a lot of time and patience for such success. The human struggle is like a snowflake. Strange in its creation, but also profound in its design.


--------------------
The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the beginning of history has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:

From bondage to spiritual faith;
From spiritual faith to great courage;
From courage to liberty;
From liberty to abundance;
From abundance to selfishness;
From selfishness to complacency;
From complacency to apathy;
From apathy to dependence;
From dependence back into bondage.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are you okay with the fact you are sheep? [Re: Indubitably]
    #11289266 -

I'm the wolf in sheeps clothing feeding off the flock while the shepard isn't looking.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are you okay with the fact you are sheep? [Re: Drewwyann]
    #11289268 -

I think a lot of people realize this. Even many posters here are surely aware and intelligent enough to have considered this concept thoroughly.

I think may, hopefully, come around to the fact that we are all just getting by, trying to be loved and try to make the best of ourselves before we die.
So many are troubled from this introspection and criticism of others and 'society.'

Sometimes, people just want to get by and live, few, including you, are unique little snowflakes of understanding and life force.



Resonates greatly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are you okay with the fact you are sheep? [Re: Neuron]
    #11289286 -

Neuron said:
Drewwyann said:
Everyone knows it, society is horribly controlled by the media and marketing. Our lives are strangled by it, ruining human creativity.
Does anyone here not care for a reason other than the fact that they themselves are a sheep to the vested interests?
I really want to hear the opinion of some one who is okay with this. I am dumbfounded.

I'm being sincere.



I think I know the group you are speaking to, but I don't think that the Shroomery fits your mold of "sheep". You're posting this in the wrong forum. Go to Dr. Phil's forums or something.

or MOVE TO THE AMAZON.



Wrong.

Many people in this forum are sheep that smoke pot and since they do assume that they are no longer sheep. The media has even sold us the idea of counterculture by getting us so used to what it looks and feels like, that all one needs to do is emulate it and suddenly we are against the establishment. However, one cannot be against the establishment if one is in the model of anti establishment that the establishment creates. No?

No really, does that sound wrong?

Given, there are many on this site that are not sheep. But there are many that are. Headbands, and tie-dye, weed, LSD, and anything image related has NOTHING to do with not being a sheep. We have been sold these ideas. Its how you use the things you are given, and how you view them that makes you a sheep or not.


--------------------


Anyone need a glass pipe? : http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002435158931

Love powerfully :peace::heart::peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are you okay with the fact you are sheep? [Re: Drewwyann]
    #11289305 -

I think he just meant that people who use psychedelics tend to find theyre own path to happiness rather than marketing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are you okay with the fact you are sheep? [Re: Drewwyann]
    #11289317 -

I was gonna twist your "people are sheep" thing into a proof that you're a different kind of sheep yourself, but either I'm too lazy to or it isn't actually logically viable.

Regardless, this is my point: the division of people into sheep and not sheep is thoroughly unproductive.
We're all human, we're all a product of our environment, and we all take part in the creation of said environment.

Historically, the vast majority of the people in every civilization have accepted the norms of their civilization.
You think our norms are shit?
That's cool -- work on it.
Change the environment, change the norms.
Bitching is not going to change human nature.


--------------------
Weedmaster P knows the truth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are you okay with the fact you are sheep? [Re: Drewwyann]
    #11289329 -

Ehn, I'm pursuing a career in a field I love, I have great friends, I pursue creative outlets such as music, I enjoy a nice cozy warm house and all the other amenities society provides me with...I feel like I'm doing ok.

If what I am is a sheep, then I like being a sheep. :shrug:


--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are you okay with the fact you are sheep? [Re: laserpig]
    #11289338 -

laserpig said:
I was gonna twist your "people are sheep" thing into a proof that you're a different kind of sheep yourself, but either I'm too lazy to or it isn't actually logically viable.

Regardless, this is my point: the division of people into sheep and not sheep is thoroughly unproductive.
We're all human, we're all a product of our environment, and we all take part in the creation of said environment.

Historically, the vast majority of the people in every civilization have accepted the norms of their civilization.
You think our norms are shit?
That's cool -- work on it.
Change the environment, change the norms.
Bitching is not going to change human nature.



Before a revolution can start in the streets it must first start in the mind.

Discuss, spread ideas, that can change the world. No one person is going to do much on his own, I simply pose questions to people to get thoughts flowing. If they don't think about them and shut them out, then I have wasted my time. But every few will listen, those are who I am after.

This is the internet, lots of people will view this thread, I am hoping that at least one person will take into consideration what I have written.


--------------------


Anyone need a glass pipe? : http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002435158931

Love powerfully :peace::heart::peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are you okay with the fact you are sheep? [Re: Drewwyann]
    #11289340 -

smack said:
If everyone is a sheep, according to math, nobody is a sheep.




I'm definitely with this guy! :crazy2:


--------------------
It's really too bad that so much crumby stuff is a lot of fun sometimes.-The Catcher in the Rye

                                   
:gd_icon: Get yourself a powder charge and seal that silver mine :gd_icon:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are you okay with the fact you are sheep? [Re: Drewwyann]
    #11289364 -

I know this sounds disgustingly hippie-cliche, but I seriously don't think we're gonna come to a productive resolution by defining "sheeple" as an outgroup and looking down on them instead of empathizing with them.

If you don't take the time to understand why it is that they're content not to question ... how will you subvert that tendency and get them to question?

If you want to change society, a mindset of "us versus society" is going to be a major hindrance.


--------------------
Weedmaster P knows the truth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are you okay with the fact you are sheep? [Re: Drewwyann]
    #11289368 -

The Smug alert meter is going off the fucking Charts in this thread.

It takes a real smug douche to think everyone is a sheep. Yea, People suck, yea humanity fucking blows,yes there is tons of "sheep" our there.

but...

The fact is,everyone has dreams, everyone is unique. Everyone is not a sheep when you really get to know them. Take some time to really get out there and talk to people,before you make gigantic assumptions based upon High horsed smug ass ideals.

Your so anti sheep and unique just like the rest of us. :wink:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are you okay with the fact you are sheep? [Re: laserpig]
    #11289375 -

To clarify where I am coming from personally: I agree that society is fucked the fuck up, but I accept that I am WAAAY too ignorant to point out why, and about a BILLION times too ignorant to be able to suggest any remedies.


--------------------
Weedmaster P knows the truth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Depression, myth thats called fact.
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Psilocybeingzz 11,154 69 11/07/05 11:09 PM
by Phluck
* Due to the fact... Shroom_Herder 526 15 12/12/04 01:39 PM
by Phluck
* Boy admits abuse of tied sheep LethalX5 1,538 8 02/20/05 09:01 PM
by LethalX5
* An interesting fact
( 1 2 all )
filthysock 3,611 37 03/31/04 02:16 AM
by trendal
* America the evil. Interesting facts about our country.
( 1 2 all )
Scolecite 4,081 24 09/15/15 05:14 PM
by SoupSandwich
* Mushroom Nutrition Facts IAmTheWalrus212 538 1 12/14/04 04:54 PM
by funkymonk
* Dwarf Human like remains discovered in Indonesia
( 1 2 all )
Le_Soleil 3,404 39 09/02/17 08:06 PM
by Canadian Jesus
* A fantasy or a fact Jon 439 4 07/31/04 09:13 PM
by baraka

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,690 topic views. 7 members, 9 guests and 145 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.037 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.