Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Help me setup a rave
    #11277875 -

So. I will be having a halloween party on the 30th. I'll be having it in my basement, I'm expecting about 30-50 people down there, it should be a lot of fun. Now, I need some lights! I'm not sure about what to do for all this, I cant order online, not enough time to ship. Sooo, you guys know of any local stores or anything to get some cool stuff? So far, I have fog machines and strobe lights.

:rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave:
:rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave:
:rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me setup a rave [Re: erikm]
    #11277902 -

you can buy 4-5' beam light hubs for anywhere between $10-$20, the subsequent fluorescent bulbs (which can be any color you like) cost anywhere from $8-$15 a piece.

Edit:
Oh and you should get some cool laser pattern projection thingies. I think they're pretty cheap.

Edited by Flop Johnson (10/19/09 02:50 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me setup a rave [Re: erikm]
    #11277915 -

Go to a halloween or party store, there's a lot within ten miles of where I live lol.

I hope you have a big, well ventilated basement, because 50 people is going to make it hot and humid as fuck.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me setup a rave [Re: MedulaOblangata]
    #11277981 -

Well the basement is big enough to hold everyone, ventilation idk. We have a door to the outside though, so in 40 degree weather I think we'll survive. I was looking at Hween stores, and Im not to happy about spending 300 for strobe colored light. Im looking for cheap ways to make some cool light effects

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me setup a rave [Re: erikm]
    #11277987 -

erikm said:
So. I will be having a halloween party on the 30th. I'll be having it in my basement, I'm expecting about 30-50 people down there, it should be a lot of fun. Now, I need some lights! I'm not sure about what to do for all this, I cant order online, not enough time to ship. Sooo, you guys know of any local stores or anything to get some cool stuff? So far, I have fog machines and strobe lights.

:rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave:
:rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave:
:rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave:



Sound system is covered then?


--------------------
/ / / / / / / LISTEN TO MY MUSIC: E X E D / / / / / / /
The universe gives no fucks. And takes no fucks.
May His Circuits Ever Function

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me setup a rave [Re: The_Ghost]
    #11278000 -





Sound system is covered then?



Yep

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me setup a rave [Re: Flop Johnson]
    #11278005 -

erikm said:
Im not to happy about spending 300 for strobe colored light. Im looking for cheap ways to make some cool light effects



MoeRon said:
you can buy 4-5' beam light hubs for anywhere between $10-$20, the subsequent fluorescent/blacklight bulbs (which can be any color you like) cost anywhere from $8-$15 a piece.




@ Home Depot, Lowes, Ace Hardware, etc

Edited by Flop Johnson (10/19/09 03:08 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me setup a rave [Re: erikm]
    #11278022 -

homemade disco ball!  break a mirror and glue the shards to a ball.  suspend from ceiling.

get some colored cellophane to turn regular lights into colored lights.  so maybe get a multipack of bright CFLs from the hardware store and a bunch of those light sockets that can plug directly into extension cords.  cut some beer cans to make reflectors to focus the light in one direction, and tape the colored cellophane over the reflectors (far enough away from the light so as to not melt), and point them at the disco ball.

you could also try to jury-rig a strobe light by using a fan on a low speed.  you might have to attach something to the fan blades to make the blocking of light more even.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me setup a rave [Re: Flop Johnson]
    #11278063 -

MoeRon said:
erikm said:
Im not to happy about spending 300 for strobe colored light. Im looking for cheap ways to make some cool light effects



MoeRon said:
you can buy 4-5' beam light hubs for anywhere between $10-$20, the subsequent fluorescent/blacklight bulbs (which can be any color you like) cost anywhere from $8-$15 a piece.




@ Home Depot, Lowes, Ace Hardware, etc



MoeRon said:
erikm said:
Im not to happy about spending 300 for strobe colored light. Im looking for cheap ways to make some cool light effects



MoeRon said:
you can buy 4-5' beam light hubs for anywhere between $10-$20, the subsequent fluorescent/blacklight bulbs (which can be any color you like) cost anywhere from $8-$15 a piece.




@ Home Depot, Lowes, Ace Hardware, etc



:thumbup: Thank you sir!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me setup a rave [Re: Flop Johnson]
    #11278085 -

MoeRon said:
you can buy 4-5' beam light hubs for anywhere between $10-$20, the subsequent fluorescent bulbs (which can be any color you like) cost anywhere from $8-$15 a piece.

Edit:
Oh and you should get some cool laser pattern projection thingies. I think they're pretty cheap.



K I have some questions... What is a beam light hub? What is a subsequent flourescent bulb... Thanks for your help

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me setup a rave [Re: erikm]
    #11278137 -

Go into the lighting section @ Home Depot and ask where their "shop lights" are. They are aluminum carriers for the long tube fluorescent bulbs that are great for lighting large areas.

You then go the the fluorescent bulb section and you can get blacklights or colored lights of any variety. It's more or less the same thing they have @ Halloween stores - they just don't rip you off for them.

I also wanted to address that you are definitely going to need some box fans with 50 people in a basement. Even if it's in the 40's like you said, that's really not that cold in comparison to the amount of body heat that will be being produced. Ventilation FTW. I promise it will be miserably hot after an hour with that many people and no fans or vents. 2'x2' box fans are $13 @ Wal-Mart & Home Depot.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me setup a rave [Re: Flop Johnson]
    #11278150 -

Got plenty of fans as well. Lighting is the only issue here. I was thinking, what material can be used as a diffraction grating to break up a laser into a bunch of different patters? Anyone know? I saw some online, but like I said before I dont have time for shipping, and Im not paying 20$ for a 1x1" square

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me setup a rave [Re: erikm]
    #11278172 -

You could buy a waved glass block - intended for bathroom windows.



Dunno if it would work, but it's a start.

edit:
and theyre like a buck

theyve got all kinds of textures


Edited by Flop Johnson (10/19/09 03:35 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me setup a rave [Re: erikm]
    #11278190 -

Get lots of UV lights, white string, balloons, and cloth.
Do this.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me setup a rave [Re: shivas.wisdom]
    #11278196 -

shivas.wisdom said:
Get lots of UV lights, white string, balloons, and cloth.
Do this.




I like the looks of this... Now where do I get UV lights that big and how much will it cost me... Hmmm :strokebeard:

Edited by erikm (10/19/09 03:40 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me setup a rave [Re: shivas.wisdom]
    #11278200 -

I like the fluorescent cut outs, thats well done

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me setup a rave [Re: erikm]
    #11278211 -

Follow MoeRons advice for the light, that's what you want. Just get the UV/black light bulbs.
The rest is very simple to find, just add your creative mind.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me setup a rave [Re: shivas.wisdom]
    #11278261 -

A friend of mine popped the glass out of a couple hand mirrors and attached them off center to some small fans then scored the hell out of them with a diamond stone and shined a couple laser pointers and colored lights on them contained it all in a box so the lasers shined out a hole in effect made his own laser light show set up, wasn't all that fancy but pretty cool lookin.


--------------------
Thank you but im well aware that my spelling and grammar sucks! I apologize for that fact now please :finger:  GET THE FUCK OVER IT!  :finger:
Thank you.
~David~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me setup a rave [Re: chamberlaindavidd]
    #11278726 -

K so I just stopped at Lowes. 48" Black light bulbs are 12$ each, the fixtures are 9$ a piece. I also checked there flouro bulb selection, nothing colored...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help me setup a rave [Re: erikm]
    #11279639 -

Any other cool lighting ideas?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* My first rave
( 1 2 all )
x6h9ukfwh3p21df8 3,063 21 04/28/09 08:51 AM
by thedudenj
* The Rave
( 1 2 3 all )
Somaism 7,699 47 06/02/05 06:04 PM
by iloveraving
* Would it be electrically safe to use a 4' blacklight bulb in a standard 4' fluorescent fixture? Eraserhead 1,596 9 08/29/06 11:46 AM
by Gumby
* help me decide on a blacklight Drewwyann 735 2 09/24/07 04:48 PM
by wps
* Blacklight Drawings x Ju x 2,537 12 10/29/09 06:15 PM
by CosmicFool
* Techno or raves in Erlangen Germany? MadHatter333 332 15 03/18/18 07:01 AM
by MadHatter333
* Rave Scene.
( 1 2 3 all )
Phishe 4,752 47 06/11/07 10:15 AM
by sweetsweet
* Post your setup
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
Coaster 7,389 167 06/13/11 10:36 AM
by the human abstract

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
828 topic views. 4 members, 285 guests and 63 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.