Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineovechkin57
Cozzin' Frenzies...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
I feel worthless...
    #11275178 - 10/19/09 02:24 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I lost a 600 dollar ring that my aunt and uncle bought me while we were in Hawaii. It is (was) by far the most expensive thing I have ever owned, or gift or anything, with the exception of my car. I dont remember the last time I wore it, it was probably many weeks ago... I noticed it was gone a few weeks ago, and just looked everywhere and accepted that its gone tonight...

In addition to its monetary value, it meant a lot to me personally. I had bad anxiety before I went to Hawaii, and it (rather miraculously) disappeared after a few weeks of vacation. I kinda thought of the ring as a symbol of aw fuck it... you know what I mean...

I know that in the whole scheme of things, its just a ring... but it makes me feel so irresponsible and worthless that I cant keep 600 dollars on my finger or in its case... Fuck.

I dont know what to do...

--------------------
"Words are but symbols for the relations of things to one another and to us; nowhere do they touch upon absolute truth."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Everything in moderation... Including moderation...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: I feel worthless... [Re: ovechkin57]
    #11275201 - 10/19/09 02:29 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

It's just stuff man.

Stuff dies/breaks/gets lost/gets stolen/gets misplaced all the time.

'tis the nature of physical reality. It is transient, temporary. Stuff is not you. So it's not a big deal if it explodes or falls into a black hole.

The answer in this particular case is to get cheap stuff you wont care about losing, or take better care of your stuff!

:cheers:

--------------------

OfflineNeuron
Tek Savant
Male

Loc: @meriKa
    #11275211 - 10/19/09 02:30 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ovechkin57 said:
I lost a 600 dollar ring that my aunt and uncle bought me while we were in Hawaii. It is (was) by far the most expensive thing I have ever owned, or gift or anything, with the exception of my car. I dont remember the last time I wore it, it was probably many weeks ago... I noticed it was gone a few weeks ago, and just looked everywhere and accepted that its gone tonight...

In addition to its monetary value, it meant a lot to me personally. I had bad anxiety before I went to Hawaii, and it (rather miraculously) disappeared after a few weeks of vacation. I kinda thought of the ring as a symbol of aw fuck it... you know what I mean...

I know that in the whole scheme of things, its just a ring... but it makes me feel so irresponsible and worthless that I cant keep 600 dollars on my finger or in its case... Fuck.

I dont know what to do...

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Just try to remember that the mind is very powerful/capable of many things, with or without a 'good luck charm'. You'll learn to forgive yourself with time. Take it easy man, things like these happen to the best of us.

--------------------

OfflineMedulaOblangata
Stranger
Re: I feel worthless... [Re: Neuron]
    #11275231 - 10/19/09 02:35 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I'd feel pretty bad if I lost something worth $600 even if it had no sentimental value. The best advice I can give you is to tell yourself that in a few months, maybe even weeks, it won't matter anymore. You will get over it sooner or later so why not make it sooner and save yourself the time you would have spent worrying over it.

OfflineCannabischarlie
Yarry's Apprentice
 User Gallery

#11275689 - 10/19/09 07:08 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I am sure there are many good things about you that make you not "worthless."

I think the fact that you have these feelings and arent just like "aw fuck it" and are willing to post about it probably show that you are a good hearted person, and maybe the anxiety you had before hand might be a sign that not only is it not really about this issue, but maybe there is something else going on?

let us know, let us know what kind of person you are (you have few posts) and ask yourself why this makes you actually feel worthless. I know its a big deal, but is this really it?

Do you think you lost it on vacation? I have been looking for stuff and sometimes the looking gives you a clue... and then you remember "oh yeah, i know now" and then it gives you piece of mind, and voila.

The feeling of finding something you are looking for, especially after that hopeless feeling is one i get alot, and the feeling is actually in some ways euphoric and that even goes towards not actually feeling anything... you just see the item and then its more like

"oh yeah, i once again misplaced something and after a search i see it." sometimes things hide because of their color, whatever.

if you know you had it when you got back from hawaii (it doesnt sound like it but that you couldnt find it before you got back) than its SOMEWHERE,  and if thats the case it being so small could be a lot of places.

--------------------
This section of the signature line has been intentionally left blank.

we could all use a little more sunshine.

:shrug: yeah, she's funny and somewhat interesting.  not a beauty queen, but not bad lookin.  i'd feel quite honored to fuck janine garofalo.
-tiny_rabid_birds

Offlineovechkin57
Cozzin' Frenzies...
Male User Gallery

Re: I feel worthless... [Re: Cannabischarlie]
    #11276571 - 10/19/09 01:07 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for all the nice replys... It really does help...

Ive been back from Hawaii for about a year, and I just lost it...
It probably fell off my finger, or out of my backpack or something...

I dont really have anxiety any more, but this is a major disappointment... Like someone mentioned, its kinda like losing 600 dollars... It just feels terrible. I dont know, I emailed my mom, and she took it better than I thought... I thought she would be mad, but she just felt bad for me... Im a pretty forgetful person... and I need to learn to take care of my shit better...

It makes me feel worthless, because I do shit like this all the time. I am always losing things (although I am getting better, I think...), and forgetting about things... idk... I will get over it, but its something that I feel justified mourning...

Well, on the bright side of things, Shroomery, I met a girl at my work who can get me just about any drug I desire... And I think i will be purchasing DMT for 100 a gram... does that sound about right? Thats something I have been looking forward too ever since I wandered into Borders and found the spirit molecule... and now I dont have to spend time and money on extraction... And I have 9 fully colonized jars, that are just waiting on some horse shit to arrive. So see? I have a lot going for me...

--------------------
"Words are but symbols for the relations of things to one another and to us; nowhere do they touch upon absolute truth."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

OfflineNuggetpouch
Male

Re: I feel worthless... [Re: Shroomism]
    #11276588 - 10/19/09 01:11 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah dude it's just a ring

What you should truly cherish is the experience of having been given the ring and holding these memories dear. You can't lose experience.

--------------------
My statistical assumption is that chemical tapering should begin when the rate of visiting ODD exceeds the rate of visiting Pub, or any other Shroomery forum.

Offlineovechkin57
Cozzin' Frenzies...
Male User Gallery

Re: I feel worthless... [Re: Nuggetpouch]
    #11276605 - 10/19/09 01:15 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Nuggetpouch said:
Yeah dude it's just a ring

What you should truly cherish is the experience of having been given the ring and holding these memories dear. You can't lose experience.

Very true... Thanks.

--------------------
-Friedrich Nietzsche

OfflineNuggetpouch
Male

#11276656 - 10/19/09 01:27 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

sweet  now lets jam!

:awebig:

--------------------
My statistical assumption is that chemical tapering should begin when the rate of visiting ODD exceeds the rate of visiting Pub, or any other Shroomery forum.

Offlineyoubreakyoubuy
Monkey Mouth
 User Gallery

#11276758 - 10/19/09 01:47 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ovechkin57 said:
Well, on the bright side of things, Shroomery, I met a girl at my work who can get me just about any drug I desire... And I think i will be purchasing DMT for 100 a gram... does that sound about right? Thats something I have been looking forward too ever since I wandered into Borders and found the spirit molecule... and now I dont have to spend time and money on extraction... And I have 9 fully colonized jars, that are just waiting on some horse shit to arrive. So see? I have a lot going for me...

I've never bought it before, but that seems really high.  Somebody else will have to say though. 

If you seriously don't have time for extraction, then.....I guess go for it.

--------------------
Let that which doesn't matter truly not matter.

Invisiblejds

Re: I feel worthless... [Re: youbreakyoubuy]
    #11276794 - 10/19/09 01:52 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Aren't the doses for dmt around 50-100mg smoked? If so I guess I wouldn't mind paying 100 a gram if it got me 10+ doses :shrug:. If it's not pure you might need more and that's when it could not be worth it.

--------------------
“No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...and if it occasionally gets a little heavier than what you had in mind, well...maybe chalk it off to forced conscious expansion: Tune in, freak out, get beaten.”

― Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Offlinefeifen

Re: I feel worthless... [Re: youbreakyoubuy]
    #11276800 - 10/19/09 01:53 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I think a lot of people sell it for 100 a gram. That is not unusual

It's much cheaper to extract it yourself though

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land of Ports Flag
Re: I feel worthless... [Re: feifen]
    #11276891 - 10/19/09 02:06 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I had a ring that i lost that ment a whole lot to me to. I found it after 2 years of it being lost. It was at a friends house under his couch. I was helping him clean up the apartment and i moved the couch out to sweep and there it was. It was amazing. Maybe it will still turn up. If it doesn't you still have your memories of going on vacation.

--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars

Community >> The Pub