Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Prerequisite for Differential Calculus?
    #11266263 -

Hi Pub, I was wondering if anyone knows what course needs to be taken prior to 'differential calculus'?

Or if anyone knows what this course is comparable to? Such as calc 1, etc.

post only if you can contribute.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Prerequisite for Differential Calculus? [Re: Neuron]
    #11266280 -

calc 1 2 3, and linear algebra

Where are you at now?


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Prerequisite for Differential Calculus? [Re: blewmeanie]
    #11266310 -

blewmeanie said:
calc 1 2 3, and linear algebra

Where are you at now?



You have got to be kidding.

I'm on a statistics path right now, plan on taking intermediate stats Spring 2010.

On the calculus path, I'm eligible for pre-calculus. :thumbdown:


--------------------

Edited by Neuron (10/17/09 03:33 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Prerequisite for Differential Calculus? [Re: Neuron]
    #11266316 -

haha, yeah it's a lot of shit.


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Prerequisite for Differential Calculus? [Re: blewmeanie]
    #11266320 -

blewmeanie said:
haha, yeah it's a lot of shit.



Here's the goal:

http://www.gdnet.ucla.edu/gasaa/deptinfo/deptinfo.asp?code=0534&academicyear=20102011

"Although no specific undergraduate major is required for entrance, applicants should complete elementary algebra and differential calculus before entering the M.B.A. program."

I guess the keyword is 'should'.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Prerequisite for Differential Calculus? [Re: Neuron]
    #11266331 -

I imagine competition's going to be pretty tough, so "should" likely means must.


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Prerequisite for Differential Calculus? [Re: blewmeanie]
    #11266349 -

blewmeanie said:
I imagine competition's going to be pretty tough, so "should" likely means must.



I'm not so sure, I think most business students stop at Calculus 2. I'm pretty sure on this.

I'm willing to go strain myself until Calculus 2. Calc is my greatest weakness; but I took it as a young teenager who was dropping X every weekend- so maybe it's not fair to judge my calculus ability based on those experiences.


--------------------

Edited by Neuron (10/17/09 03:40 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Prerequisite for Differential Calculus? [Re: Neuron]
    #11266547 -

Differential calculus is Calc I.  You will need a trig pre-req for that class (as well as proficiency in basic algebra - which includes logarithms).

Pre-calculus you mention is a combination of trig and algebra (there is no calculus in it).  That would be a good idea to take first is you are not confident about diving into calc I.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Prerequisite for Differential Calculus? [Re: DieCommie]
    #11266554 -

DieCommie said:
Differential calculus is Calc I.  You will need a trig pre-req for that class (as well as proficiency in basic algebra - which includes logarithms).



That makes a hell of a lot more sense, thanks commie!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Prerequisite for Differential Calculus? [Re: Neuron]
    #11266586 -

Differential equations comes after calc 2 in these parts :hillbilly:


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Prerequisite for Differential Calculus? [Re: blewmeanie]
    #11266603 -

I'm located in california if that helps any >.<


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Prerequisite for Differential Calculus? [Re: Neuron]
    #11266614 -

Calc 1 introduces the idea of the differential.
Differential Calculus, aka Differential Equations, is a much more challenging class that comes much later.


--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Prerequisite for Differential Calculus? [Re: Doc_T]
    #11266692 -

Differential Calculus is not aka Differential Equations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Differential_calculus

When somebody talks about differential calculus, like in his course suggestion, they mean the course content commonly found in calc I.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Prerequisite for Differential Calculus? [Re: DieCommie]
    #11266732 -

Differential calculus most people will not find too challenging.  Differential equations on the other hand, that shit is pretty tough to wrap your head around.

I've always been good at math, and found calc 1 & 2 super easy.  In second year, I had differential equations and complex analysis.  Even for me, that stuff was quite tough, and took many hours studying - I still don't really understand it as well as I'd like to.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Prerequisite for Differential Calculus? [Re: DieCommie]
    #11266892 -

DieCommie said:
Differential Calculus is not aka Differential Equations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Differential_calculus

When somebody talks about differential calculus, like in his course suggestion, they mean the course content commonly found in calc I.



My bad.


--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Prerequisite for Differential Calculus? [Re: Neuron]
    #11266932 -

Quote:
Management, M.B.A./Medicine, M.D.

The John E. Anderson Graduate School of Management and the School of Medicine offer a concurrent degree program which enables students to prepare for a career where medicine and management overlap and where understanding of both fields is necessary. Examples of such areas include medical management at a hospital center and management of health care delivery. The program makes it possible to earn the M.D. and the M.B.A. in five academic years. Applications should be made to the M.B.A. in the third year of medical school.





:wtf:


That is fucking :awesome:. I never knew they had such a program.


--------------------
大开眼界

:awegroove:
:fbsnugs::fbsnugs::fbsnugs:
Hasta siempre, comandante.
:mattz:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Prerequisite for Differential Calculus? [Re: Neuron]
    #11266969 -

Neuron said:
Hi Pub, I was wondering if anyone knows what course needs to be taken prior to 'differential calculus'?

Or if anyone knows what this course is comparable to? Such as calc 1, etc.

post only if you can contribute.




Sorry, my previous post doesn't contribute.


But at my school, we don't offer a course called "Differential Calculus".

A quick read-up on the wiki has me believing that it's the Math009 series here, AKA First-Year Calculus.

The prerequisites here are as follows:

- Math008 series with C or better
- All other math series below 008 (004, 005); Algebra and Precalculus, respectively.


--------------------
大开眼界

:awegroove:
:fbsnugs::fbsnugs::fbsnugs:
Hasta siempre, comandante.
:mattz:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Prerequisite for Differential Calculus? [Re: Neuron]
    #11266987 -

Neuron said:
post only if you can contribute.



fuck off, neuron :lolsy:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Prerequisite for Differential Calculus? [Re: Neuron]
    #11267002 -

Couldn't you just check course prereqs? Not too difficult I imagine.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Prerequisite for Differential Calculus? [Re: meatcakeman]
    #11267009 -

meatcakeman said:
Quote:
Management, M.B.A./Medicine, M.D.

The John E. Anderson Graduate School of Management and the School of Medicine offer a concurrent degree program which enables students to prepare for a career where medicine and management overlap and where understanding of both fields is necessary. Examples of such areas include medical management at a hospital center and management of health care delivery. The program makes it possible to earn the M.D. and the M.B.A. in five academic years. Applications should be made to the M.B.A. in the third year of medical school.



Yeah, cool combo hunh? Might you consider this instead of Oxford?

:wtf:


That is fucking :awesome:. I never knew they had such a program.




--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Learning Algebra and Calculus by onesself
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Mickalopagus 6,539 100 01/14/14 03:20 AM
by teamkiller
* How would you differentiate... *DELETED* SubGen1us 944 19 09/29/08 11:38 PM
by DieCommie
* Who's good at math? How do you visualize differential equations? SS32 585 9 06/24/11 03:03 AM
by Konyap
* Need help with my algebra problem!!!! *DELETED*
( 1 2 all )
SubGen1us 2,817 29 02/25/08 10:58 PM
by Engineer
* Difference between "College Algebra" and "Intro to College Algebra"? subiedude 1,117 14 08/20/09 09:33 AM
by Mattplusness
* Algebra problem. Help if you know anything of maths or biochemistry mellowparty 700 17 04/16/11 06:09 PM
by mellowparty
* Can someone help me with the algebra in this calculus example? Liverwort 958 14 03/06/12 07:33 PM
by pwnasaurus
* Man, my algebra teacher is hot
( 1 2 all )
SprewellSleeve 3,206 22 02/18/12 12:29 AM
by Mafeki

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,762 topic views. 2 members, 35 guests and 80 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.