Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Science and Technology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleTinMan
Stranger

Loc: Russia
Electronic Lock
    #1121999 - 12/08/02 02:04 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Theres a door that I want to get into. Very thick and hard wood, no chance of kicking it down. The door weighs about 150lbs and near the lock, on the wall, theres a gray keypad. It has the normal digits of a telefone. It says "HID" on it, which I believe is a brand name. When I managed to get the cover of the keypad off, I discovered that the electronic lock's circuitry wasn't in there. Instead, all the wires from the keys ran into a metal coated bundle of wires which went into a hole in the socket. I believe many of the other doors in the building have electric locks too, but they don't have the keypad. They only have some little gray box w/ a green light. I believe this doors open by swiping some kind of device over the box. Any ideas on how I would go about getting into the door w/ the keypad?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinekb73
enthusiast
Loc: Abilene, TX
Re: Electronic Lock [Re: TinMan]
    #1122011 - 12/08/02 02:10 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah...wipe off all the keys so they are clean. Then wait until someone uses it, then dust it for prints. Then you just have to figure out the order.

--------------------
WARNING chronicshroom will rip you off! Don't trade with him! I sent him 20 spore syringes and he never sent me anything.

InvisibleTinMan
Stranger

Re: Electronic Lock [Re: kb73]
    #1122016 - 12/08/02 02:12 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Can't. They keys are rubber. I found this pic and this is the same keypad.

And the other boxes on the other doors are proximity locks. When someone with a transceiver gets with in a given range, it unlocks the door. But those locks don't have keypads and this one does. The ? is: does this lock have the same proximity feature?

Edited by TheInvizibleMan (12/08/02 02:14 PM)

Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

Loc: Earth
    #1122051 - 12/08/02 02:29 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

What about a 750,000 volt tazer?

InvisibleLanaM
Head Banana
Female

Loc: www.MycoSupply.com
    #1122078 - 12/08/02 02:45 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

HID is the model name -  http://www.hidcorp.com/ .  These are common in alot of high security/federal buildings.  Although, most do not have keys, but instead a magnetic card like a credit card.  You simply swipe the card over the rubber area and TA DA, you're in. 

If you have a strong background in electronics, you might be able to get through it.  But most have an override feature where if the "keypad" is tampered with the two electromagnets (these are what keeps the door actually locked) are quickly turned on and you will have a very tough time getting in.

Hmmmm  if you're only going in the room once, you could just freeze the magnets but then you'd be destroying property  :grin:

Lana 

--------------------
Myco Supply - Distributors of Mycological Products
http://www.MycoSupply.com

The Premiere Source for Mushroom Growing Supplies.
Visit us online or call us toll free

InvisibleTinMan
Stranger

Re: Electronic Lock [Re: Lana]
    #1122553 - 12/08/02 07:30 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for the site. The problem is: there is nothing but wires leading into the wall, no circuitry. I assume its all on the inside and this makes breaking in harder. I can't go in there and blow the door down, I gotta get in without destroying the lock or anything. Any ideas?

InvisibleLanaM
Head Banana
Female

#1122608 - 12/08/02 08:00 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

How desperate are you :smile: 

If you can get an access card you can always buy a card writer/re-writer and make a copy of a card.  -  magnetic card writers

Lana

--------------------

InvisibleTinMan
Stranger

#1122627 - 12/08/02 08:11 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I hadn't really thought of that yet... At least I already got a card writer. But how is it possible for the lock to read the card when theres no transceiver but instead just a magnetic strip? There is nothing to send the info back to the reader.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1123979 - 12/09/02 05:24 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Here's a novel idea.... you obviously don't belong behind that door so stay the fuck out.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleTinMan
Stranger

Re: Electronic Lock [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1124911 - 12/09/02 02:55 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Who the hell said I didn't belong behind it?! Its my fucking office and if I can't get in, we'll have to wait till after Christmas till they can send someone out. So next time get all the details before saying shit you don't know.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#1125160 - 12/09/02 04:12 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Sure it is. Sure.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#1125184 - 12/09/02 04:20 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

In reply to:

Its my fucking office

Then why when this was suggested....
"Yeah...wipe off all the keys so they are clean. Then wait until someone uses it, then dust it for prints. Then you just have to figure out the order. ".....
did you not say the door was yours and the only prints would be yours?

Instead you responded....
"Can't. They keys are rubber."

You provided enough details for me to smell a rat. Besides, if it was that important and really the door to your office you'd just cut through the "Very thick and hard wood, no chance of kicking it down, door.

--------------------

InvisibleLanaM
Head Banana
Female

#1125190 - 12/09/02 04:23 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Please play nice boys and girls.... I don't like closing threads.

Lana

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#1125277 - 12/09/02 04:51 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

In reply to:

Please play nice

Oh but I am.

--------------------

InvisibleTinMan
Stranger

#1125456 - 12/09/02 05:45 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Because it doesn't matter what the number is, since the lock doesn't work. Which is the reason for me posting this thread.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Science and Technology