Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineseeker28
student
Male User Gallery

Loc: The 28th Dimension
Victoria, Australia - There goes all hope of decriminalization
    #11185042 - 10/05/09 04:47 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

At least it's a harm minimisation scheme i guess, but it's still pretty negative.

I think the site was only recently created, anyway, here it is: www.highsnlows.com.au

Feel free to leave any comments on their website debasing their propaganda :wink: and post any possible rebuttals/ideas here if you could, you know, in order to stimulate discussion :smile: and if they're good, hell, post 'em on the site too! :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline2Cents
Male

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: Victoria, Australia - There goes all hope of decriminalization [Re: seeker28]
    #11185107 - 10/05/09 05:12 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

....very disappointing.

--------------------
Long live the Shroomery!!!

OfflineChubba
Vape hungry

Re: Victoria, Australia - There goes all hope of decriminalization [Re: seeker28]
    #11185125 - 10/05/09 05:19 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

God damn!

I'm in Queensland, state of the super cops and ancient drug laws, our cannabis laws still allow up to 25 years imprisonment for possession, except the magistrates and judges (and even police) seem fed up... I've been up 3 times for cannabis and have yet to have a conviction recorded.

I want to buy some land in South Australia, you're allowed to legally grow 1 plants at a time for personal consumption... that would be :vaped:

InvisibleDug a Sprogie
eeeeee
Male

Loc: California
Re: Victoria, Australia - There goes all hope of decriminalization [Re: Chubba]
    #11185133 - 10/05/09 05:28 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Where did these people miss the anti-Psychotic compounds in cannabis? It seems every single thing they try to do is doublespeak. And on a lighter note, this site is to weed what alex jones is to people against the government at large currently. I have had panic attacks and only weed helped me. Xanax only dulled the anxiety and actually drew out the length of the panic attacks. Next he says "I had to cut down the smoking and it was hard." Funny, since I've never had any trouble not vaporizing or eating or smoking. In fact I wake up some days and forget to take my medicine (and im not "stoned" either when this happens). The vocabulary they use is very condescending.

The way the first video i saw on this site starts out was talking about him first smoking at a party. Then he smokes alone to "cope" with what exactly? what was he coping with? Everyone has seen the shows on the news and stories on the internet about people who need cannabis just to be able to live like a normal person.

"Cannabis is a drug that comes from Indian hemp plants such as Cannabis sativa and Cannabis indica. The active chemical in cannabis is THC (delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol).

There is more than THC in Cannabis. They took one fact and left out 65 others.

Cannabis is a depressant drug. Depressants do not necessarily make a person feel depressed. Rather, they affect the central nervous system by slowing down the messages going between the brain and the body.

* What does it look like?
    * THC
    * Street names

Here they are trying to associate cannabis with the street drugs. It wouldnt be a street drug if it were regulated and taxed for medical users.

Effects of cannabis

The effects of any drug (including cannabis) vary from person to person. It depends on many factors, including an individual’s size, weight and health, how the drug is taken, how much is taken, whether the person is used to taking it and whether other drugs are taken.

Immediate effects

Small doses of cannabis can have effects that last 2–4 hours after smoking. These effects include:

relaxation and loss of inhibition I've never lost any inhibition from cannabis, but only from alcohol and prescribed xanax.
      increased appetite
      affected perception of colour, sound and other sensations
      impaired coordination
      affected thinking and memory.
Yes it does effect thinking and memory. It is a memory booster by definition. pulegone
Boiling point: 224*C / 435.2 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Memory booster, AChE inhibitor, Sedative, Antipyretic

Other common immediate effects include increased heart rate, low blood pressure and reddened eyes.

In greater quantities

Larger quantities of marijuana make the above effects stronger, and also tend to distort a person’s perceptions.

Very large quantities of marijuana can produce:

confusion
      restlessness
      feelings of excitement
      hallucinations
What is this nonsense? Where are the studies? or even just one.
      anxiety or panic, or detachment from reality Indica is for anxiety, here are the facts

cannabidiol (CBD)
Boiling point: 160-180*C / 320-356 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Anxiolytic, Analgesic, Antipsychotic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antispasmodic

linalool
Boiling point: 198*C / 388.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Sedative, Antidepressant, Anxiolytic, Immune potentiator

decreased reaction time (Simply not true. Where are the studies?)
      paranoia.

There is no scienttific basis for the statement for this

Long-term effects

Research shows evidence of some long-term effects in some regular cannabis users.

* Respiratory illness
      The way that cannabis is smoked means that more tar is inhaled and retained in the lungs than tobacco, placing cannabis users at an increased risk of respiratory illness such as lung cancer and chronic bronchitis. Cigarette smokers who also smoke cannabis have an even greater risk of respiratory disease.

Cannabis is used for lung cancer, tuberculosis, asthma and more diseases of the lung specifically. They have also assumed that everyone on planet earth is injesting cannabis exactly the way they want them to, aside from the fact that no ill effects come from vaporizing or eating cannabis. 

* Reduced motivation
      Many regular users have reported that they have less energy and motivation, so that performance at work or school suffers.
    * Brain function
    * Concentration, memory and the ability to learn can all be reduced by regular cannabis use. These effects can last for several months after ceasing cannabis use.
    * Hormones
      Cannabis can affect hormone production. Research shows that some cannabis users have a lower sex drive. Irregular menstrual cycles and lowered sperm counts have also been reported.
    * Immune system
      There is some concern that cannabis smoking may impair the functioning of the immune system.

I dont have address every little piece of misinformation in this because it is so full of it. But here are just two of the many immune potentiators in cannabis.

d-limonene
Boiling point: 177*C / 350.6 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Cannabinoid agonist?, Immune potentiator, Antidepressant, Antimutagenic

linalool
Boiling point: 198*C / 388.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Sedative, Antidepressant, Anxiolytic, Immune potentiator

Cannabis and psychosis

It is believed that cannabis use—especially if heavy and regular—may be linked to a condition known as a drug-induced psychosis, or "cannabis psychosis". This can last up to a few days. The episodes are often characterised by hallucinations, delusions, memory loss and confusion.

There is some evidence that regular cannabis use increases the likelihood of psychotic symptoms occurring in an individual who is vulnerable due to a personal or family history of mental illness. Cannabis also appears to make psychotic symptoms worse for those with schizophrenia and lowers the chances of recovery from a psychotic episode."

cannabidiol (CBD)
Boiling point: 160-180*C / 320-356 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Anxiolytic, Analgesic, Antipsychotic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antispasmodic

I simply cannot fathom the train of thought that one has to go through to say that a plant that has anti-psychotic properties actually causes psychosis. This is Doublethink.

I realize I wasnt very organized in what I chose to bold and highlight but I just dont have the time

Edited by Dug a Sprogie (10/05/09 06:12 AM)

OfflineLucas89
lysergicmescalcybin
Male User Gallery

Loc: USSR
    #11185138 - 10/05/09 05:30 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

yeah, true that. the aus laws are commonly misconceived...

act is allowed either 1 or 3 plants per person per year, wa is 2 i think.

in vic (ftw) if your done with 50g or under nobody really gives a fuck... but its also who, what, when where as well.

just the other night a mate of mine got caught with a bong and some weed, and they didnt even take it:shrug:

--------------------

OfflineChubba
Vape hungry

Re: Victoria, Australia - There goes all hope of decriminalization [Re: Lucas89]
    #11185151 - 10/05/09 05:35 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

All mine are for "possess utensils" (read: bong/pipe/vape/roach) or "possess things" (read: scissors or grinder caked in resin, chop bowl).

Never been charged for the actual drug (never had any on me).

1st time, $250 fine, no conviction recorded
2nd time, $400 fine, no conviction recorded
3rd time, $800 fine, no conviction recorded

Magistrate said that he has NEVER given anyone that many chances, at most people get 1 then the book thrown at them.. very rarely people get 2, NEVER anyone gets 3. Only thing that saved me was a perfect record, full employment, fulltime student and have an innocent face :vaped:

He said the next time I show up in court for cannabis, all hell is going to break loose (that's his words).

So yeah, a bong in QLD = charged, go to court + whatever the magistrate gives you... fucking pathetic.

OfflineLucas89
lysergicmescalcybin
Male User Gallery

#11185162 - 10/05/09 05:42 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

what a fucker. "all hell will break loose?" fuck that. they wont do shit dude. if they busting people for bits of glass and dirty pairs of scissors, those cops should be fuckin down here preventing a real problem; street violence.

move out the middle of nowhere, trust me youll have no worries growing bush out there.:gethigh:

--------------------

OfflineChubba
Vape hungry

Re: Victoria, Australia - There goes all hope of decriminalization [Re: Lucas89]
    #11185171 - 10/05/09 05:49 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Well I won't get jail.

I'm assuming a VERY large fine ($1000+ for 4th offence) and a criminal conviction, that's what I really want to avoid.

Although I have been convicted 3 times, the only people that know are the courts/police... for all my employers know... I'm crystal clean.

It takes 10 years of perfect behaviour in Queensland to get a spent conviction, I would hate for "possess utensils (cannabis)" or "possess dangerous drug (cannabis)" to follow me around for the next decade of job interviews.

It's fucking bullshit, how can all these other states allow you plants and decrims of under 30/50g etc. and Queensland still sends you to court, criminal charge for a dirty pair of scissors or a bit of burnt weed in a roach.

FUCKING QUEENSLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All my problems with cannabis have come nearly entirely from the illegality... just let me vape my bud.

:megacrankey::vaped:

Offlineseeker28
student
Male User Gallery

Re: Victoria, Australia - There goes all hope of decriminalization [Re: Dug a Sprogie]
    #11185230 - 10/05/09 06:20 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

dude that shit is gold. did you post it on the actual site? coz that's where it really needs to be read. i'm actually gonna give you 5 shrooms for that effort. :thumbup: :mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

OfflineLucas89
lysergicmescalcybin
Male User Gallery

#11185232 - 10/05/09 06:21 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

exactly. smoke up australia.

just wait for america to legalize... seems theyre closer than we are. our goverment will follow the us like fucking sheep and legalize too. qft me on this, its gonna happen one day. within 10 years i hope...

--------------------

Offlineseeker28
student
Male User Gallery

#11185278 - 10/05/09 06:43 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

yeh i reckon a decade too mate, and i thought we were gathering momentum until the state govt went and created that bloody site :crankey:

does anyone reckon it's possible that they made it in reaction to the growing (no pun intended) number of -for want of a better word- users?

is weed on the rise here in AUS or am i just an inexperienced youth? maybe it's coz i'm about to start uni and it's a rite of passage for everyone, but right now it just seems like it's everywhere and heaps of people are smoking it, like heaps, don't ask me for a percentage..

OfflineLucas89
lysergicmescalcybin
Male User Gallery

#11185380 - 10/05/09 07:34 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

agreed. i think we smoke more weed than the americans per capita actually. im not sure though. speaking of weed, its time to get out my bong:heart::bonghit:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck