Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Ranch Dressing

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Just Walking In a WInter W0nderland (FLA)
    #1114663 - 12/05/02 06:40 PM (14 years, 7 days ago)

Hello Shroomers,

What great weather we have been having this winter here in Florida, Ah yes

Oh course, I have not seen not a single mushroom growing anywhere in about a week but still, what a nice time it is to be on the keys in my area (Longboat, Lido, Siesta) around this time of year.

I hear that it was 10 degrees today in Minniapolis
- it was maybe 75 degrees today where i live.
- there was some type of strange humidity in the air t0day that was lIke a f0ggy watery wInd 0f lIttle water pellets fallIng

Just a heads up to the florida and probably australian and hawaiian shr00mers wh0 are probably enj0ying the same nice temperatures

Well keep shroomin all,
Keep an eye out for those Panaeolus castaneifolius var. ggreatoneifolius',
GG

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecardboard
digitalautomatedansweringmachine

Loc: pac northwest
Re: Just Walking In a WInter W0nderland (FLA) [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #1115245 - 12/05/02 09:27 PM (14 years, 7 days ago)

GG, i was watching the weather channel yesterday in a laid up sickened stupor and was quiet entranced by the shit hitting your side of the country. Up a few states from florida they were having gnarly ice storms and in florida it just looked like pure wet tropical madness. Looks like muchos cubies coming up for ya in the next few days ehh.

--------------------
stay off my land

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Just Walking In a WInter W0nderland (FLA) [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #1115353 - 12/05/02 10:01 PM (14 years, 7 days ago)

from now until February it is rainy season on Oahu Hawaii and the shrooms will definately be up in abundance.

In Hawaii the fields are endless with cowpie after cowpie. Every day when i lived there I could pick between 12-200 mushrooms a day in three or four hours. I use to count them as I picked them to kill time.

Anyway The Copes grow that good. In the spring I return to Thailand to the Buffralo Farm for spores.

have a shroomy day and hope you find something real soon.

I keep finding them when I leave my house so I have been staying home so I am not collecting any when i don't go out.

I just cannot help myself all alone on the streets of Seattle becasue everywhere i go they keep popping up and calling to me.

Pick me , on no pick me.

mj

OfflineGumbyM
Fishnologist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: BRICK CITY!
Trusted Identifier
Re: Just Walking In a WInter W0nderland (FLA) [Re: cardboard]
    #1115356 - 12/05/02 10:02 PM (14 years, 7 days ago)

Going off subject for a second, that ice storm was such shit. It never dropped below 34 here and there was no ice. About 10 miles north there was a TINY bit of ice on the trees, but the roads were fine. Bastard weathermen got me all excited, didn't think I'd have school... But I did. Damn those sketchy weathermen.

Offlinequasar
just curious
Loc: Panhandle
FL panhandle [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #1116777 - 12/06/02 12:12 PM (14 years, 6 days ago)

That storm was the first rain the panhandle of FL has seen in months, but it dropped to mid 30's immediately after. What a tease! All the resurrection fern is brilliant green on these magnificent oaks, but it's too cold for me to bother hunting.

--------------------
3/\O7 3H+ 3JVHS

InvisibleCow Shit Collector
Patty Poacher

Loc: Random Field
Re: FL panhandle [Re: quasar]
    #1117153 - 12/06/02 02:28 PM (14 years, 6 days ago)

ITS RAINING!  Whoo!  It hasnt rained here in almost 2 weeks!  I'm off to pick some mushrooms, the wonderful mushrooms of oz.  :grin:

--------------------

Life's a garden, Dig it!
~Joe Dirt

Off Topic Website

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Just Walking In a WInter W0nderland (FLA) [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1117173 - 12/06/02 02:36 PM (14 years, 6 days ago)

Yeah, I used to live in Hawaii as well MJ. I lived on the Big Island, and well, Parker ranch as you know took up about 70% of the island. Most of the island is pastureland, filled with copes and various other fungi.

I miss Hawaii so much, much more than just for the shrooms, but they sure were the icing on the cake. Beautiful land, beautiful water, and the best time of my life there... sigh.

My girlfriend visits her family every summer and winter, and shes leaving on Sunday, im hoping she'll send me some pictures of what she finds!! Im so jelious. heh :smile:

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Just Walking In a WInter W0nderland (FLA) [Re: angryshroom]
    #1117712 - 12/06/02 05:12 PM (14 years, 6 days ago)

I picked most of my shrooms on Beach Drive Road off of makuhu Drive in the Paradise Park Subdivision of Keanu or maybe pahoa somewhere near by Hilo.

Went tot he Parker Ranch on several ocassions and also a ranch owned by a former sheriff of Hilo who was a friend of my biologist/mycologist colleaggue at the U of H in Hilo.

Anyay ave a cool day. I picked with no problems on Maui for four years and on oahu for 8. All with permission fromthe various rances and farmers in the areas of the island. Twice on Kuaui although I only found two shrooms there and never more than a hand full in Hana on Mauio. Most of mine were picked at ho'okipa on maui and up on Kula highway on Haleakala and at the Rodeo Grounds in AMakawao across from Seabury hall, a rich influential childrens privat school. saw school kids picking one day inthe field after class, two shared a doobie with me and I picked a lot of shrooms.

Kualoa on the kanaeohe side of Oahu at chinamans Hat and on the north shore at the u of H Livestock and Experimental farm near the nursing home by sunset beach and up on somstat road by the girl scout camp and the radar warning systems dishes.

have a shroomy day.
Wish I could go there for amonth right now and pick massive shrooms for prints.

Edited by mjshroomer (12/06/02 05:13 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Ranch Dressing

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification