Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineshroomerman
dopaminecatalyst

Loc: florida
drizzle in central Fla. What did it do everywhere else in Fl
    #1214470 - 01/13/03 01:09 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Hey, it drizzled just enough to make the ground moist here in central Fla Orlando area. Did it happen to rain better anywhere else in Fla? I wonder if a little sprinkle will produce any fruits at all, will there be a few?

GGreatone234 your'e from Sarasota if I remember correctly, what did it do there? It would be GGreat to GGo do some shroom GGathering in Sarasota. I have been watching the Sarasota weather forecast all week, all week it said showers monday. Looking for some first hand info. Well I GGot to GGet GGoing.  :grin:

--------------------
"Someone please help me stop laughing!!!"

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinemoorhsum
SEED MASTER

Loc: N America
Re: drizzle in central Fla. What did it do everywhere else in Fl [Re: shroomerman]
    #1215100 - 01/13/03 05:11 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

HAHAHAHA! A mod wannabe!
I got a question, theoretically, could you go out in the eavening with a big bottle of water, and water known cube producing cow patties to score shrooms everyday?

--------------------
We are the counter-culturaly elite...

Offlineshroomerman
dopaminecatalyst

Re: drizzle in central Fla. What did it do everywhere else in Fl [Re: moorhsum]
    #1215257 - 01/13/03 06:07 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I like my avitar, fools newbs.

I have thought of going out with one of those tanks that usually are for professional insect spraying in apartments. Fill one with water and go into the field misting patties. I don't see why it wouldn't work, but I probably should just grow some and wait for the rain to hunt.

It rained some more but not much here in central Fla., again anyone know how much it rained in Sarasota?

--------------------

Offlineshroomerman
dopaminecatalyst

Re: drizzle in central Fla. What did it do everywhere else in Fl [Re: shroomerman]
    #1215516 - 01/13/03 07:45 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

It finally came around and rained a little bit later on in the night. I think perhaps enough to produce a couple fun guy's here and there, as the ground got good and wet at last. Who's goin' out pickin'? :laugh:

--------------------

InvisibleCow Shit Collector
Patty Poacher

Loc: Random Field
    #1216485 - 01/14/03 05:40 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I dont think spraying the patty would do a whole lot, it would probally produce some fruits, but what really gets the pinning going is the moisture in the air around the pattie, and under it :smile:  Try it though, couldnt hurt

--------------------

Life's a garden, Dig it!
~Joe Dirt

Off Topic Website

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #1217472 - 01/14/03 11:27 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

The Shrooms have been up and growing in the pastures of Sarasota/Bradenton since November of last year and now we are into January and yes the mushrooms are still in the fields today.

It is the coming months of Febuary March April & May, that the Cubensis & Copelandia mushrooms may fall a little bit out of season

Then the summer months; June July August, the Shrooms really go wild during those months,

But the months of December and January surely are the season of the Shroom for on the southwest coast of Florida.
-Perfect weather, No misquitoes makes it perfect for Shroomin'

Keep shroomin,
GG

OfflineSnobrdr311
outdoorenthusiast
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: drizzle in central Fla. What did it do everywhere else in Fl [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #1222080 - 01/15/03 07:46 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

hey GG,

I used to live in Tampa and all it did from early June until late August was thunderstorm every single day, lots of rain, same time everyday too, between 3-6pm. But I would of thought it would be to hot during the day as it is usually 90 degrees plus. Do you pick at night or early in the morning or what?

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #1223838 - 01/16/03 02:08 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Hello, during the summer-time i hunt during the daytime, and only stay out for 2 hours, 3 hours max, because of the hellish misquitoes and spiders and snakes and heat and sweat and sun

During December and January it does not really even need to rain because the cow shits maintain perfect moisture
so right now is surprizeingly the greatest time of the year to get your shroom picking done because there are not misquitoes during the winter and the weather isnt too cold

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification