Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Rainy New Orleans Mushroom ID
    #11047255 -

Found these growing in the grass steps from front of a church in the suburbs.

Gills:
Yellow and spongy - not fluted

Stem:
4" Length, about 1" diameter, yellow color, firm texture

Cap:
3" Diameter, color reddish brown(looks like a potato), dome-like cap

Bruising:
Bruises BLUE instantly


Pretty sure it's some kind of bolete, but I want to know if it's edible and/or psychoactive. Thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rainy New Orleans Mushroom ID [Re: noadventure]
    #11047269 -

blue bruising bolete sounds like


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rainy New Orleans Mushroom ID [Re: Smitington]
    #11047335 -

I wouldn't eat that! Many blue bruising bolete sp. are poisonous and none are psychoactive (that we know of).  Plus that thing looks like it's in awful shape (although that could just be the picture).


--------------------




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rainy New Orleans Mushroom ID [Re: noadventure]
    #11047892 -

No boletes are psychoactive.  Better pics are needed (from more angles and more clear, please).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rainy New Orleans Mushroom ID [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #11055921 -

Looks very similar to the ones I found. I have better pics. I was so excited because I finally found a "blue" bruising shroom and it looks like it's not even an active one.
I haven't gotten a print yet. The pics should make them easily identifiable by one of you experts.
They grew around some soil from a potted plant that our dog destroyed. Have been looking for years and haven't seen anything like this around here.
I grabbed all of the big ones and took pics of the smaller ones still in the ground.
They blue easily and quickly when cut.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rainy New Orleans Mushroom ID [Re: amilibertine]
    #11056591 -

amilibertine said:
I wouldn't eat that! Many blue bruising bolete sp. are poisonous and none are psychoactive (that we know of).  Plus that thing looks like it's in awful shape (although that could just be the picture).



Noting my signature, I _would_ eat that--I actually had two very similar mushrooms for breakfast! I've been eating bruising blue boletes almost every day; I just cook them thoroughly and don't eat the ones with orange to red pores.

(Actually I probably wouldn't eat this particular specimen because it looks to be a little moldy, but a fresh one definitely yes)


--------------------
Smurfette artwork reference:
https://www.guyhepner.com/product/smurfette-with-flowers-by-herr-nilsson/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rainy New Orleans Mushroom ID [Re: tangoking]
    #11056875 -

I eat bluing boletes all the time.


--------------------
"Vegetarian" [ /ˌvedʒəˈteəriən/] - Ancient slang meaning "village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride".

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rainy New Orleans Mushroom ID [Re: German Kahuna]
    #11069283 -

Thanks Kahuna. They were delicious. Grilled onions, bells, and boletes on my burger and omlettes the next morning. They were good!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rainy New Orleans Mushroom ID [Re: tangoking]
    #11069289 -

Thank you! They were delicious.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Mushroom ID (not psychoactive, pics) Elektrolurch 1,976 8 10/08/01 02:32 AM
by Elektrolurch
* Mushroom ID Help Needed
( 1 2 all )
Clockwork 15,069 29 01/22/18 08:27 AM
by majicman30
* Need a mushroom Id smokeaspliff 1,962 4 05/21/02 10:57 AM
by MushroomBoy123
* mushroom id misterogerz 2,626 12 06/29/02 07:12 PM
by Banshee
* Wild Mushroom ID Request Moon_Tea_Brewer 9,843 3 12/16/02 06:39 PM
by Anonymous
* Unknown mushroom ID please zeta 4,528 17 03/22/03 09:58 PM
by Zen Peddler
* Mushroom ID - Melbourne Austalia +Pictures
( 1 2 all )
acidis 12,896 25 06/08/02 04:00 PM
by geko127
* Mushroom ID Request!
( 1 2 all )
Moon_Tea_Brewer 14,983 22 03/19/11 11:05 AM
by German Kahuna

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
864 topic views. 0 members, 13 guests and 33 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.