Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: Your first impression of Ythan [Re: pfxtc]
    #10964556 -

I guess hes cool but ive never talked to the guy. So i don;t have an impression on him.
i also just learned he was the one who made the shroomery soo.... O.O


--------------------
I had something in mind to place here.
Too bad i forgot what it was.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your first impression of Ythan [Re: Die]
    #10964922 -

Die said:
He never gets involved so I don't have one.




He posts in OTD occasionally.  He's good fun.


--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your first impression of Ythan [Re: Learyfan]
    #10964931 -

DORK!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your first impression of Ythan [Re: AroundtheSon]
    #10964968 -

I'm sure he's just like any of us.  Except he started a website a while back and it blew up.  A buddy of mine did this with street racing.  Before he knew it his site was huge and he was generating (what seemed like) substantial advertising revenues before he graduated HS.

So yeah, Ythan gets a :thumbup: from me.  From the limited encounters I've had with him, he's put off nothing but good vibes :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your first impression of Ythan [Re: Learyfan]
    #10965036 -

Quote:
What was your first impression of Ythan, the father of The Shroomery?



whoa. i specifically read a FAQ that said Roger Rabbit started the shroomery.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your first impression of Ythan [Re: MileHiMycophiles]
    #10965040 -

LOL, where?


--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your first impression of Ythan [Re: Hanky]
    #10965105 -

Hanky said:
LOL, where?



WHY SO INTERESTED? R U YTHAN!?!


--------------------
"Life is created out of the seeking of knowledge."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your first impression of Ythan [Re: duster]
    #10965114 -

no where. i was off sight and it was mentioned... but i'm crazy apparently. here's the real story.
Quote:
We never created an "about the admins" page because it seems kind of self-indulgent, but I do keep getting a lot of the same questions over and over. I figured I might be able to cut down on this by answering some of the more common ones in my bio. So here you go!

I started the Shroomery in August of 1997. I was 15 at the time and yes, that arguably makes me a hypocrite for enforcing our 18+ age requirement.

My main contribution to the Shroomery is programming, including the content management script which powers the main site and most of the BB's enhanced functionality. I also have a hand in many other aspects of the site, including server administration, graphics design, page optimization (for size and search engines), promotion, monetization, member support, and guiding our continued evolution.

After years of running the site as a volunteer operation, the admins now receive a modest hourly wage. For some reason this seems to bother certain people, and I invite them to lead by example and forgo their own paychecks while taking on increasing workloads and responsibilities.

I haven't tripped since 2000, psychedelics make me depressed. These days I'm just a pothead.

There are pictures of me online, here is one of them. Just don't get the wrong idea, I'm not a goddamn hippie!

I think that's about it. I hope you enjoy the site. 




--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your first impression of Ythan [Re: duster]
    #10965133 -

duster said:
Hanky said:
LOL, where?



WHY SO INTERESTED? R U YTHAN!?!



Does my username say Ythan?


--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your first impression of Ythan [Re: MileHiMycophiles]
    #10965135 -

MileHiMycophiles said:
no where. i was off sight and it was mentioned... but i'm crazy apparently. here's the real story.
Quote:
We never created an "about the admins" page because it seems kind of self-indulgent, but I do keep getting a lot of the same questions over and over. I figured I might be able to cut down on this by answering some of the more common ones in my bio. So here you go!

I started the Shroomery in August of 1997. I was 15 at the time and yes, that arguably makes me a hypocrite for enforcing our 18+ age requirement.

My main contribution to the Shroomery is programming, including the content management script which powers the main site and most of the BB's enhanced functionality. I also have a hand in many other aspects of the site, including server administration, graphics design, page optimization (for size and search engines), promotion, monetization, member support, and guiding our continued evolution.

After years of running the site as a volunteer operation, the admins now receive a modest hourly wage. For some reason this seems to bother certain people, and I invite them to lead by example and forgo their own paychecks while taking on increasing workloads and responsibilities.

I haven't tripped since 2000, psychedelics make me depressed. These days I'm just a pothead.

There are pictures of me online, here is one of them. Just don't get the wrong idea, I'm not a goddamn hippie!

I think that's about it. I hope you enjoy the site. 






If RR owned the site, he'd be charging people to use it. :smirk:


--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your first impression of Ythan [Re: Hanky]
    #10965166 -

Quote:
If RR owned the site, he'd be charging people to use it. 



whoa! just because he made a video doesn't mean he's that bad yo. damn dude, he gives free advice every day to people in threads. he's also building a giant underground mushrooms farm (seen pics) so the world can have more mushies... its a good thing. he's a good guy. RR is one of the original mods. back in 2001 when i had my old account, his loc indicator said, "at ythans house"

he's a big name round here. been here longer than most the mods. good guy give him a break. so many people hate RR cause of his video. then so many more people kiss his ass...

dude, he's just a really smart shoomer like any one else. only smarter. are you a private pilot? do you have multiple degrees? do you own a plane? are you building a  mushroom farm? lol, he's got plenty of ways to get money without charging if he owned this sight.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your first impression of Ythan [Re: MileHiMycophiles]
    #10965169 -

Chill out dood.  Relax, it was just a little joke.


--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your first impression of Ythan [Re: Hanky]
    #10965180 -

lol, my bad. shoulda used smileys to convey my smart ass conversationalist tone.
:dancer:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your first impression of Ythan [Re: MileHiMycophiles]
    #10965181 -

:ass:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your first impression of Ythan [Re: MileHiMycophiles]
    #10965211 -

MileHiMycophiles said:
Quote:
If RR owned the site, he'd be charging people to use it. 



whoa! just because he made a video doesn't mean he's that bad yo. damn dude, he gives free advice every day to people in threads. he's also building a giant underground mushrooms farm (seen pics) so the world can have more mushies... its a good thing. he's a good guy. RR is one of the original mods. back in 2001 when i had my old account, his loc indicator said, "at ythans house"

he's a big name round here. been here longer than most the mods. good guy give him a break. so many people hate RR cause of his video. then so many more people kiss his ass...

dude, he's just a really smart shoomer like any one else. only smarter. are you a private pilot? do you have multiple degrees? do you own a plane? are you building a  mushroom farm? lol, he's got plenty of ways to get money without charging if he owned this sight.



RR is the reason many of us cultivate, great guy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your first impression of Ythan [Re: PreparationH]
    #10965226 -

:ranchydance:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your first impression of Ythan [Re: stonesun]
    #10965227 -

That's our man, good old ranchy.


--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your first impression of Ythan [Re: Learyfan]
    #10965274 -



--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your first impression of Ythan [Re: GabbaDj]
    #10965321 -

Ythan is :awesome:.  I don't blame him for not posting much anymore. All the 15-18 year old know-it-alls running around here can be annoying.


--------------------
~ Drill Baby Drill ~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Your first impression of Ythan [Re: Neuron]
    #10965349 -

He seemed very friendly and well spoken, but then again that's all I've gathered from one PM. :shrug:


--------------------
Check out my gallery :sun:

Do YOU have The Band's sheet music books? I am paying cash!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Exclusive Interview With Ythan In My Conference Room
( 1 2 all )
World Spirit 6,923 32 03/06/05 06:03 PM
by TYL3R
* Ythan, definately the man.... Condi1 850 10 09/03/05 10:04 AM
by Shroomism
* Happy Birthday Ythan
( 1 2 all )
JettaJay 1,940 32 01/18/05 04:48 PM
by RuNE
* ythan
( 1 2 all )
BubblerBoy 1,245 25 10/07/05 08:52 PM
by World Spirit
* Pray for Ythan. Phluck 1,039 12 10/19/04 03:34 PM
by PhanTomCat
* Ythan's been busy. TYL3R 549 12 07/11/05 08:38 PM
by ZippoZ
* a quick question...Whythan or Ethan (Ythan)
( 1 2 all )
Simisu 2,563 25 12/30/05 09:26 AM
by Yoschie99
* Ythan interview countdown automanM 394 1 09/06/05 02:56 AM
by Vex

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,801 topic views. 2 members, 44 guests and 308 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.