Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
a quick question...Whythan or Ethan (Ythan)
    #5107149 -

i'm trying to record my show for shroomery radio and i'm not sure how to pronounce Ythan's nick name... i always wondered about it but it was fun to keep wondering so i never bothered to ask...

so is it supposed to be why-than... like a part of a sentence "why... then you should...."
or is it diffrent somehow?


--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:


Edited by simisu (12/26/05 10:49 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: a quick question... [Re: Simisu]
    #5107152 -

i always pronounced it like Ethan.

i haven't a clue for sure though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: a quick question... [Re: Simisu]
    #5107153 -

Why-than.. I'm pretty sure


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: a quick question... [Re: Shroomism]
    #5107209 -

in my head i always pronounce it yay-than
but now looking at it im sure thats not it :smile:


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: a quick question...Whythan or Ethan (Ythan) [Re: Simisu]
    #5107213 -

i always imagined Ethan


--------------------
buh

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: a quick question...Whythan or Ethan (Ythan) [Re: shirley knott]
    #5107222 -

me too.. but I think he said somewhere sometime that it was pronounced Why-than.. or maybe I just imagined that.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: a quick question...Whythan or Ethan (Ythan) [Re: Simisu]
    #5107304 -

yeah I've always thought Why-thin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: a quick question...Whythan or Ethan (Ythan) [Re: Boom]
    #5107370 -

hmmm i dont know.... Hey Ythan a little help here!@


--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: a quick question...Whythan or Ethan (Ythan) [Re: Simisu]
    #5107380 -

I always said it in my head as

YAH-THAN


--------------------
"Around us the jungle, ahead of us, the Secret"

Mushroom Wood Lord, Flowstone
Check in under the nymph flower

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: a quick question... [Re: notapillow]
    #5107421 -

notapillow said:
in my head i always pronounce it yay-than
but now looking at it im sure thats not it :smile:



Same here.  I don't even know why its just how I see it.


--------------------
yawn...
SG

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: a quick question...Whythan or Ethan (Ythan) [Re: Fireside]
    #5107428 -

lol! At least you are checking to make sure!

I'd hate it if someone pronounced my name on the shroomery radio as Dromni instead of Doctor Omni...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: a quick question...Whythan or Ethan (Ythan) [Re: dr0mni]
    #5107443 -

I am guilty of this...even tho I know it's Dr. Omni...

I still think Dromni to myself hehe

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: a quick question...Whythan or Ethan (Ythan) [Re: Simisu]
    #5107524 -

I've heard it was pronounced like "ethan", from someone in the know :wink:


--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: a quick question...Whythan or Ethan (Ythan) [Re: trendal]
    #5107531 -

Ythan?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: a quick question...Whythan or Ethan (Ythan) [Re: Boom]
    #5107533 -

No I haven't met ythan in person yet :frown:

Suffer knows him, though, and he has always pronounced it "ethan" from what I can remember.


--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: a quick question...Whythan or Ethan (Ythan) [Re: trendal]
    #5107540 -

Ah ok.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: a quick question... [Re: Stonerguy]
    #5107547 -

Stonerguy said:
notapillow said:
in my head i always pronounce it yay-than
but now looking at it im sure thats not it :smile:



Same here.  I don't even know why its just how I see it.



thank god im not alone
yaythan sounds the best out of any of the possiblities
makes him dound like a coke dealer :grin:


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: a quick question... [Re: notapillow]
    #5107550 -

Gimmie that yayo ythan!!


--------------------
yawn...
SG

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: a quick question... [Re: Stonerguy]
    #5107566 -

well... Ethan was my first instinct as well... but i thought it might be some kind of pun or wordplay so i assumed whythan is just likely a reasonable possibilety (plus i'm not sure how the name Ethan/ythan is spelled... when the TH sounds like it does in "think")

so there seems to be a general consensus leaning to Ethan... except shroomism which might just know better the the lot of you?

fuck it... if it matters to him he can ban me later :grin:
would be nice to finelly find out for sure though...


--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: a quick question... [Re: trendal]
    #5107629 -

oh yeah.. I had it backwards :crazy:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Anyone here Play Sim City 4? quick question...... orizon 719 4 12/21/03 03:28 PM
by djd586
* Ethan didn't have to die
( 1 2 3 all )
Cepheus 1,517 40 05/24/10 09:27 PM
by Sprezzatura
* Ethan Hawke blew it this morning
( 1 2 all )
Hitman203 1,797 28 05/03/06 05:00 PM
by Simisu
* Updated Pics of Ethan!
( 1 2 all )
Elise 3,401 26 03/28/06 08:46 AM
by Psychoslut
* Ethan Nadelman on Colbert DNKYD 425 1 01/09/07 01:15 AM
by bukkake
* Question about the new Snoop Dogg show...... LearyfanS 1,852 14 06/17/03 01:46 PM
by Learyfan
* I have a question about buying a used ps2 swm 970 7 09/05/03 08:50 AM
by JuggaJoe
* turntables question djfrog 883 3 03/27/03 12:59 PM
by djfrog

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,563 topic views. 4 members, 23 guests and 117 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.039 seconds spending 0.012 seconds on 18 queries.