Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
LeBron James dunked on at his own skills camp, Nike confiscates footage
    #10711336 -

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m210/d_julien/18e359fd46456e73e12e3a774877325cc5c.jpg

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/blog/the_dagger/post/LeBron-gets-dunked-on-by-Xavier-player-confisca?urn=ncaab,175293


...what a pampered little egotistical bitch...we all know LeBron's the best player on the planet, idk why the big fuss about getting dunked on, it happens to all aggressive shotblockers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LeBron James dunked on at his own skills camp, Nike confiscates footage [Re: NastyDHL]
    #10711339 -

Old?


--------------------
R.I.P Rod Beck

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LeBron James dunked on at his own skills camp, Nike confiscates footage [Re: robbyberto]
    #10711347 -

about 2 weeks old, but it took a while for the story to get out anyways...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LeBron James dunked on at his own skills camp, Nike confiscates footage [Re: NastyDHL]
    #10711392 -

That's funny.  It was blasted all over the radio at the time.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LeBron James dunked on at his own skills camp, Nike confiscates footage [Re: zappaisgod]
    #10712507 -

I never heard about it here in my cave :shrug:

Another ho move by LeBron. I expect this from Kobe, but geez.


--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LeBron James dunked on at his own skills camp, Nike confiscates footage [Re: whattheheck]
    #10713391 -

Wow, I didn't hear about that.


I have great respect for Lebron, because he seems like a nice guy, and was everything he was built up to be.  He never responded badly to the idiots bitching about him being "not that great" his first year, and has always seemed a straight shooter.


This is fucked up though.  the anectdotal evidence suggest Lebron was surely concious of it, if he didn't outright order it done.


Who owned the tape?  My understanding is that it was the property of someone other than the party that now has it, correct?  Hence, confiscated?  The reports were a bit unclear.



Screw that, man.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LeBron James dunked on at his own skills camp, Nike confiscates footage [Re: johnm214]
    #10722326 -

http://ebaumnation.com/2009/07/22/jordan-crawford-dunks-on-lebron-james

32 secs or so with a slo-mo later in the vid. They should have included him going over to talk to some Nike camp guy right before they started collecting confiscating videos.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LeBron James dunked on at his own skills camp, Nike confiscates footage [Re: antiPock]
    #10723058 -

I don't see the big deal. It doesn't look like poster material. If LeBron is behind this, it's a REAL sad statement about the dude.


--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LeBron James dunked on at his own skills camp, Nike confiscates footage [Re: whattheheck]
    #10723159 -

It was my understanding that it involved camp regulations on when you could and could not film these high-school kids.


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LeBron James dunked on at his own skills camp, Nike confiscates footage [Re: whattheheck]
    #10723326 -

Is LeBron really known for his outstanding defense?


--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LeBron James dunked on at his own skills camp, Nike confiscates footage [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #10724470 -

Madtowntripper said:
It was my understanding that it involved camp regulations on when you could and could not film these high-school kids.



The story I have gleaned from various basketball boards, which has been supported by some college scouts including one I know is as follows: Several people were openly recording on the floor level for some time in clear view of camp officials. No one asked them to stop.

LeBron got dunked on, and at the very next stoppage of play walked over and spoke with one of the camp officials. After that guy had a brief chat with a couple of other officials, they dispersed and proceeded to enforce their regulation.

Even if this is accurate as described above, I realize it is circumstantial. However it sure appears that LeBron was behind it. I would add that I am a college basketball nut, and have a few connections from my alma mater's program (a top program historically in basketball), and I trust their info.

Remember, LeBron has taken heavy control of his own image with an eye toward building a marketing empire. Honestly I doubt he cared about it as a player playing half-speed against inferior competition; I think it was a snap marketing decision and a ham-handed attempt to protect his "brand".

Lastly, I have liked LeBron for the most part and prefer him to Kobe on or off the court. However the not shaking hands thing, this incident, a recent visit to Kentucky to shmooze with Calipari and "World Wide Wes" have all left me doubting him more these days.

my 2 cents

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LeBron James dunked on at his own skills camp, Nike confiscates footage [Re: antiPock]
    #10725149 -

:congrats:


--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LeBron James dunked on at his own skills camp, Nike confiscates footage [Re: antiPock]
    #10725541 -

I can't speak to the accuracy of that sequence of events, I just, like you, have a hard time believing that LJ really cares that he got dunked on.

I mean, it's not the first time.


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LeBron James dunked on at his own skills camp, Nike confiscates footage [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #10731558 -

Penguarky Tunguin said:
Is LeBron really known for his outstanding defense?



he seemed to be pretty solid last season

but otherwise, no

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LeBron James dunked on at his own skills camp, Nike confiscates footage [Re: LicHmicrO]
    #10735016 -

Like I said, all the hype was retarded.

I didn't think it was the big deal it was made out to be.  I don't even like Lebron and I don't think he is they type of guy to freak out over getting dunked on.

People are pretty stupid for assuming that's what happened.

Quote:
CLEVELAND -- Nike says it is returning videotapes it confiscated of NBA star LeBron James getting dunked on at a recent basketball camp.

Nike said it is giving back tapes to two accredited journalists who filmed Xavier's Jordan Crawford dunking over James during a recent pickup game at a skills academy run by the superstar at the University of Akron. The sports apparel giant said only one of the tapes captured the infamous dunk, which has been an Internet sensation.

Nike said it took the tapes based on its media guidelines that no pickup games be filmed.


This week, videos emerged of Crawford's dunk in which he drove the lane and slammed over James, who was not guarding him
and was the last defender between Crawford and the basket.

In its statement, Nike said it did not take the footage because James was dunked on.

"It was never about the play or the player, it was always about our media policy," Nike said. "The interest in the tapes has greatly overshadowed the focus of the camp, which is to help young athletes improve their skills, and that is regrettable. It was Nike's decision to take these tapes based on our media guidelines, which we will continue to enforce."

There was general disappointment in Crawford's dunk among online viewers when it began appearing on various Web sites in recent days. Crawford beat another defender down the lane and was able to gather himself before finishing over James, the current league MVP who has been subjected to worse treatment by his pro peers.




--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LeBron James dunked on at his own skills camp, Nike confiscates footage [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #10735779 -

Well I certainly don't consider myself "stupid", nor am I accustomed to taking press releases by giant corporations at their face value. Now that would be stupid.

The timing of the confiscations alone is suspect, and this aspect appears to be corroborated by more than one source. I will reiterate that I feel the action pertained to marketing concerns and an attempt to protect a brand, NOT getting dunked on per say.

The subsequent release of the videos appears to merely be an attempt to quiet the shit storm that ensued after they failed to understand the implications of what they did.

edit: If I sound cynical can you blame me?

Edited by antiPock (07/25/09 01:59 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LeBron James dunked on at his own skills camp, Nike confiscates footage [Re: LicHmicrO]
    #10748793 -

LicHmicrO said:
Penguarky Tunguin said:
Is LeBron really known for his outstanding defense?



he seemed to be pretty solid last season

but otherwise, no



I think it will continue though.
Most of the best players in the league are known for working hard on D, unfortunately everyone still thinks no one plays defense in the NBA.

Great players want to win. In order to win you need to get it done on both ends. They (LeBron included) know this.

Madtown: I'm not one for conspiracies or anything, but of course Nike is going to act like LeBron didn't tell them to. I like LeBron a lot and I don't care if he did, but I think he told them to grab the tapes. Why the hell else would they wait until after it happened, and after LeBron called them over to chat?


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LeBron James dunked on at his own skills camp, Nike confiscates footage [Re: jewunit]
    #10752088 -

jewunit said:
LicHmicrO said:
Penguarky Tunguin said:
Is LeBron really known for his outstanding defense?



he seemed to be pretty solid last season

but otherwise, no



I think it will continue though.




I agree, LeBron has vastly improved in one specific area of his game after nearly every offseason in his pro carreer, his defense was what he improved last year and with everyone using Kobe as LeBron's benchmark nowadays I dont think he has a choice but to be a consistently good defender

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LeBron James dunked on at his own skills camp, Nike confiscates footage [Re: LicHmicrO]
    #10752129 -

Look, I dunked on LeBron back in the day too. It's really no big deal :shrug:


--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Lebron James is GOD
( 1 2 all )
tonyperez420 4,371 25 06/05/07 01:28 PM
by jewunit
* Lebron James leaving Cleveland? Madtowntripper 2,021 11 07/09/06 12:04 AM
by Basilides
* Lebron James
( 1 2 all )
TrancedShroom 3,947 27 01/30/07 08:06 PM
by jewunit
* Reggie Bush vs. LeBron James Pat Bateman, VP 1,507 19 04/23/06 09:31 PM
by OldSpice
* LeBron James' ridiculous new house Pat Bateman, VP 1,310 13 03/29/07 08:12 AM
by WhiskeyClone
* LeBron James Basilides 1,285 9 04/26/06 09:56 AM
by Banez
* LeBron = MVP?
( 1 2 all )
daimyo 5,442 26 05/04/06 04:14 PM
by Banez
* This LeBron thing is getting out of control jewunit 991 10 11/27/08 02:01 PM
by Madtowntripper

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, 13shrooms
2,330 topic views. 0 members, 7 guests and 3 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 14 queries.