Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Built to Spill @ Maxwell's last night.
    #10708679 -

Built to Spill sells out 1500-capacity rooms when they play NYC, but last night they did an intimate show at Maxwell's in Hoboken, NJ which holds no more than 250 people I'd say.  Incredible. BTS is one of the great rock bands of the day.

Setlist.  Virginia into Broken Chairs was one of the highlights of my year.

Traces
Three Years Ago Today
Strange
Stop The Show
Else
Time Trap
Kicked It In The Sun
In The Morning
Nowhere Nothin' Fuckup
One Thing
(New Song)
Virginia, Reel Around The Fountain
Broken Chairs
In Your Mind (extended version)


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Built to Spill @ Maxwell's last night. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #10708743 -

maxwells is a good venue for a show. good beer too


--------------------




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Built to Spill @ Maxwell's last night. [Re: Taco Chef]
    #10708783 -

thats awesome:thumbup: i love BTS.

yeh they started playing virginia reels again which is tight for a few years they never played it and their excuse would be "we forgot how to!!" haha :tongue2:

i've been to plenty of BTS shows in my day, and even a few smaller accoustic sets...

they do a lot of cheaper or just free shows...and some times he goes into one of the local coffee shops and jams out (not so much these days)...which is cool b/c I am family friends with the owner.


--------------------
:bobmarley:
"woah, that cat was really buggin out man, you should have put on some grateful dead so he could relax and enjoi his trip" -random shroomerite

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Built to Spill @ Maxwell's last night. [Re: Helpme1]
    #10708798 -

Helpme1 said:
thats awesome:thumbup: i love BTS.

yeh they started playing virginia reels again which is tight for a few years they never played it and their excuse would be "we forgot how to!!" haha :tongue2:

i've been to plenty of BTS shows in my day, and even a few smaller accoustic sets...

they do a lot of cheaper or just free shows...and some times he goes into one of the local coffee shops and jams out (not so much these days)...which is cool b/c I am family friends with the owner.



This was a really cool, intimate show. They admitted forgetting how to play In the Morning, then played it, and that song is an all-time favorite of mine.  Virginia was just so FUCKING GOOD.  They encored with an experimental noise jam that was mindbending, which was funny because I thought there was an accent on the word "song" when he said "This is the last SONG of our set" before playing In Your Mind.

I've seen them more than ten times, and had never heard Broken Chairs or Virginia live before. Such a treat. I once saw them 4 nights in a row and each night they did the 20 minute long Cortez the Killer cover but no Broken Chairs. FINALLY!


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Built to Spill @ Maxwell's last night. [Re: Taco Chef]
    #10708800 -

novumorganum said:
maxwells is a good venue for a show. good beer too



And killer crabcake sandwich for the muthafuckin win.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Built to Spill @ Maxwell's last night. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #10708840 -

yeh when I saw them earlier this year i thought they NAILED the entire set!
doug martsch is a very intense musician and really gets into his music
they played all of my favorites which they don't usually do so i was :awesome:
it was also tight b/c tons of people were tripping and busting out their shit:bongload:
I was really dissapointed in their latest album...but they seem to be getting back on track.
I heard a sneak peak of some of their newer stuff (accoustic) while i was on a very potent MDA/MDE pill a little while ago...it was  :vaped: there was only around 30 or so people there too so you kno it was one of those "intimate" close knit "gathering" type shows.


--------------------
:bobmarley:
"woah, that cat was really buggin out man, you should have put on some grateful dead so he could relax and enjoi his trip" -random shroomerite

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Built to Spill @ Maxwell's last night. [Re: Helpme1]
    #10708847 -

I liked the new songs they played and though i didn't LOVE the whole last album there are some amazing songs - Goin' Against Your Mind, Traces, but most especially The Wait. Fuck, I love that song!


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Built to Spill @ Maxwell's last night. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #10711047 -

I've seen them live and enjoy their whole range of records. Definitely some of the best guitar driven music ever.

I've never gotten to see them in a setting like that, I would kill to.

My regret is not making a journey to see them on their last tour earlier this year when they were playing Perfect From Now On in its entirety as a set. I've never heard them play "Made Up Dreams" live :frown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Hungarian Sludge Spill twighead 2,441 18 10/07/10 11:08 PM
by snoot
* BUILT TO SPILL TOMORROW NIGHT!!
( 1 2 all )
abhi 1,543 28 10/01/05 05:30 PM
by Yrtlzmo
* Built to Spill - Free Show
( 1 2 all )
Gr8fulJ420 1,390 22 05/09/05 03:43 AM
by Krishna
* Why Built to Spill is good Springs 723 14 04/03/06 10:17 PM
by DNKYD
* Built to Spill adrug 1,010 11 03/29/05 12:05 PM
by OneMoreRobot3021
* Northslope crude spills from Alaska pipeline
( 1 2 all )
DeadHearts 1,403 25 05/25/10 08:14 PM
by Mad_Larkin
* Mindbender Spooge 860 9 02/26/07 02:31 PM
by Spooge
* Volunteering for Oil Spill Relief
( 1 2 all )
Aninator 2,379 35 07/11/10 06:14 PM
by Gr8fulJ420

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
459 topic views. 6 members, 24 guests and 185 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.