Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
90% colonization and now slowing
    #1060138 -

At 90%, inverted jars, took off tape and incubating at 85 degrees. The cakes shrunk which I know is normal but there is a few milimeters of space in the cakes I flipped in what's now the top (previously the bottom). IS this okay? Anything else I can do?


--------------------
Everything written above this line is completely false. I am terribly bored and write here to pass time. I do not participate or support any illegal activity.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 90% colonization and now slowing [Re: thisone]
    #1060145 -

Just wait. The last little bit always takes the longest.


--------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------
"I will tell a cop that I know my fucking rights and we can match wits all night" -311
Don't let the cops search you. Let them know that you care about your rights.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 90% colonization and now slowing [Re: New Name]
    #1060152 -

how long should I expect? The average I got from everyone is about 20 days for full. Started on the 4th.


--------------------
Everything written above this line is completely false. I am terribly bored and write here to pass time. I do not participate or support any illegal activity.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 90% colonization and now slowing [Re: thisone]
    #1060155 -

I have never done the pftek so i have no idea how long it will be.


--------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------
"I will tell a cop that I know my fucking rights and we can match wits all night" -311
Don't let the cops search you. Let them know that you care about your rights.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 90% colonization and now slowing [Re: thisone]
    #1060423 -

Sounds like my B+ cakes, went along well and then slowed to a snail's pace. I just cased 'em, cutting out the most notably uncolonized section of the one which was even farther behind, and then crumbled 'n cased. Actually, quite a bit of the inside was only marginally colonized, so I'm not getting my hopes up too high on this, my initial casing. Looking forward to when my pink buffs colonize completely for another casing shot (if you're a newb like me, I should mention that i probably birthed the ones that are in my terrarium too soon, and they seem to be slow to fruit, although there's some increased hyphal knot activity visible. One shroom emerged from one cake, nothing else so i dunked it overnight, but that one shroom was almost ten grams wet and gave me a nice little buzz last Thursday night).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 90% colonization and now slowing [Re: thisone]
    #1060496 -

as long as there is some mycelium on the bottom, you are good to go. if you are doing it as a cake, i suggest to put some peat moss in a bowl, and set the cake on that, and put a little peat on top of the cake. the myc. likes the peat, and it will spread like crazy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 90% colonization and now slowing [Re: MsPacMan]
    #1062029 -

so double casing with peat moss. do you sterilize or adjust the ph of your peat moss prior to use? does this method invite more contams than using verm? Last question, do you suggest only using peat if the cake is partially colonized or all the time? I use peat in my casings and notice that the mycelium eat through it fast, I guess why not try this with a cake or two.


--------------------
An optimist is never pleasantly surprised.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* In vitro pins in a 90% colonized BRF jar! HELP!! (Pics) fIsh in my head 4,929 15 04/06/03 09:12 PM
by fIsh in my head
* 90% colonization, some bacteria artemus 2,317 2 11/19/02 03:22 PM
by Anonymous
* 90% Colonized Pint Cake PsillyNinjuh 1,089 1 07/18/02 05:08 PM
by Shaw
* Bulk colonization slowed down. ejambekot 1,367 5 11/02/04 08:05 PM
by phantasm
* what to do if colonization slows?
( 1 2 3 all )
punkgod94 3,335 45 11/23/04 08:40 AM
by MushroomFriend
* GROWBAGS do NOT colonize slow hyjinxxhatter 2,828 11 10/26/03 12:01 PM
by
* Dunking with 90% colonization Mex 1,176 8 01/31/04 02:18 AM
by DSD
* Colonization Slowing Greatly moe 689 6 05/13/03 05:24 AM
by moe

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,199 topic views. 16 members, 105 guests and 232 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.