Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Re: Frogs [Re: Gumby]
    #10436230 -

Quote:
Gumby said:I've heard a few large Pacman frogs croak and they are LOUD. If they're in a tank that echos they will croak almost non-stop, they are kinda retarded.



:rofl: Thats funny as hell.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Frogs [Re: Gumby]
    #10436255 -

Quote:
Croaking isn't too much of a worry, but they do croak sometimes. Particularly males. My Pyxie frog is a male and he croaks from time to time. Scares the shit out of me because I don't expect it. I've heard a few large Pacman frogs croak and they are LOUD. If they're in a tank that echos they will croak almost non-stop, they are kinda retarded.



This is sounding good, I just need to do my research.

My flatmate would go skizto if I got a frog that would croak constantly, especially during the night.

I would want a frog that croaks from time to time, that would be the fun in having a frog :vaped:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Frogs [Re: Gumby]
    #10436262 -

As far as the cannibalism issue goes with frogs, I use to feed my Pyxie frog mainly other frogs during the summer. I'd go out to the fish pond in the back yard with a pellet gun and a flash light and shoot a frog then feed it to him. He actually prefers other frogs to mice any day.

Him eating a frog:



It's difficult to breed them because the tadpoles and froglets will eat each other. Natural selection from birth, only the strongest survive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Frogs [Re: Smackshadow]
    #10436284 -

I'd get a Bufo alvarius toad, but I wouldn't want a frog personally. 












--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Frogs [Re: Learyfan]
    #10436291 -

Needs pics :vaped:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Frogs [Re: Learyfan]
    #10436331 -

I'll probably get a Bufo alvarius eventually, but they're way out of my price range for right now. They're pretty temperamental as far as keeping them happy goes too. I don't think I could ever bring my self to "milk" it, I'd get one more for the novelty value. I've never really kept toads either, so that could be interesting. They're quite different from frogs, more active(generally).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Frogs [Re: skatealex2]
    #10436341 -

I am thinkin about buying a reptile here soon but i dont know what i want just yet.  Either a lizard or some kind of turtle.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Frogs [Re: Gumby]
    #10436351 -

I got 2 MASSIVE pet superstores that just opened up 5 minutes down the road.

Going to checkout some frogs in an hour or two, just to have a look.

I wouldn't trust these store employees as far as I can throw them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Frogs [Re: indigo_shades]
    #10436356 -

I won't lie, there are some pretty cool lizards out there, but my current roomate would freek out if he ever got wind of a lizard in the appartment.  Don't know why he doesn't like them but he sure as hell doesn't.


--------------------
The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
     
~H. L. Mencken~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Frogs [Re: indigo_shades]
    #10436359 -

Go for a lizard. Turtles require large tanks, filters, and a lot more maintenance. Bearded Dragon, Uromastyx, Leopard Gecko, and Fat-tailed geckos are all excellent choices for beginners.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Frogs [Re: Gumby]
    #10436377 -

Exactly.  It would definitely be a novelty thing for me.  Just how I want to grow HBWR and Morning Glory's and whatnot.  I don't think I could milk it either.  Or at least not until it's dead maybe?  How much do Bufo Alvarius cost?










--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Frogs [Re: Smackshadow]
    #10436384 -

I had 2 bluetounges, they were soo badass, very friendly.

They would chill with you on the couch and slide under your legs or in your pocket for warmth.

Best.lizards.ever


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Frogs [Re: Chubba]
    #10436396 -

I had a  Leopard Gecko. He was fucking awesome. I named him yoshie.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Frogs [Re: Learyfan]
    #10436539 -

They run around $150.

And blue tongue skinks are freaking :awesome:

I've always wanted one. Some day.

When I have a decent paying job my place is going to be a reptile/amphibian zoo of sorts.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Frogs [Re: Gumby]
    #10436769 -

This thread reminds me of Futurama:

Fry: Girls like swarms of lizards, right?"


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Frogs [Re: Gumby]
    #10436939 -

Quote:
And blue tongue skinks are freaking :awesome:



They are so relax... very docile and slow, had no problem letting them roam around the house.

I wonder how you would go with a bearded dragon out of the tank, those things always seem to outrun me in the wild.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Frogs [Re: Chubba]
    #10436970 -

I had a pet iguana but I came home from school and my cat had ate half of it. It sucked.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Frogs [Re: I AM SWIM]
    #10437017 -

I AM SWIM said:
if ur gonna get something like a frog u might as well get a Bufo alvarius toad so u can milk the 5-meo-dmt from it.

i mean, u might as well right?



How does 5-MeO-DMT compare to N,N-DMT ?  Cause N,N-DMT is fuckin awsome!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Frogs [Re: AmericanPsycho]
    #10460977 -

I recently found a gulf coast toad and due to the fact that i read toads like to be in pairs to have friends i went to the pet store and bought a fire bellied toad but i found that the two specie are not good to keep together so i got rid of the gulf coast back to the wild.  Now i have been researching on a vivarium i am going to create for my gulf coast toad and buy some more and i might even put a turtle and some minows in it.  I have some pictures here of both.
          Gulf coast toad

  My new fire bellied toad

I love the look of these fire belly's, they are beutiful!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Frogs [Re: indigo_shades]
    #10461020 -

I took a cool picture of a frog.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* vivariums and frog/lizard tanks CosmicFool 728 13 07/04/14 09:09 PM
by Endure
* A frog Nemo_Hoes 642 5 10/11/04 01:48 AM
by Charles
* lizards
( 1 2 3 4 all )
PurpleKush 7,268 71 07/28/06 09:37 AM
by Acidic_Sloth
* Anybody here into lizards??
( 1 2 all )
Legoulash 3,203 22 04/04/05 02:29 AM
by pstupid
* where can i buy lizard eggs? Atheist 1,387 11 02/29/08 10:33 AM
by Atheist
* Frogs! Everywhere I look theres frogs!! Dave_the_stoner 1,808 11 11/24/13 02:58 AM
by LittleDipster
* LIZARD BIRTHING niteowl 1,266 12 01/30/09 07:25 AM
by Newbie
* crazy ass lizard Doctor Sponge 891 10 07/22/13 12:51 PM
by HeyImShroomy

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
7,822 topic views. 5 members, 14 guests and 120 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.