Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Re: Frogs [Re: Quetzalcohuatl]
    #10434420 -

You should ask zepplin; he knows frogs.......intimately.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/1377613/fpart/1/vc/1


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Frogs [Re: M.Reynolds]
    #10434671 -

M.Reynolds said:
You should ask zepplin; he knows frogs.......intimately.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/1377613/fpart/1/vc/1



that's fucking hilarious


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Frogs [Re: Quetzalcohuatl]
    #10435535 -


Im gettin gone of those! and a turtle!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Frogs [Re: Cubie]
    #10435542 -

Those guys are a good choice for a novice frog keeper. They're very easy to keep. If you pick them up, don't be alarmed if you think it pissed on you. It's just expelling excess water in attempt to scare you away.

What kind of turtle are you getting?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Frogs [Re: Gumby]
    #10435589 -

well... not a turtle really. The pet store has some of these guys (just babys like the size of a computer mouse :awesome:)



I grew up frog hunting n such, a lil frog pee wont scare me. :awesome:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Frogs [Re: Cubie]
    #10435597 -

I've never kept a tortoise before, not really my cup of tea and they are expensive too. Which species is that? How much?

I'm more a fan of softshell turtles and snapping turtles. Snakeneck turtles are pretty damn cool too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Frogs [Re: Gumby]
    #10435623 -

My cousin had one of those for awhile. It eats a whole ball of lettuce every few days. Those guys really munch down! For the babys its like 200 $ I think its cheaper for more mature ones though.
Its called a Sulcata Tortoise, they are from Africa.




Hell yea, Snakenecks are REALLY cool.


Edited by Cubie (06/01/09 02:14 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Frogs [Re: Gumby]
    #10435871 -

This is the best one yet Gumby

He's just like "Sup? What you looking at? We got a problem here?"


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Frogs [Re: Chubba]
    #10435894 -

How about this guy?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Frogs [Re: Cubie]
    #10435899 -

For real though..


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Frogs [Re: Cubie]
    #10435902 -

ok this ones really real.







Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Frogs [Re: Cubie]
    #10435943 -

I never realized how cool frogs were! :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Frogs [Re: Chubba]
    #10435958 -

Chubba said:
This is the best one yet Gumby

He's just like "Sup? What you looking at? We got a problem here?"





Those guys are REALLY easy to keep. Same as all the other "mouth on legs" major carnivore frogs. Keep them moist, keep them warm, give them a place to burrow (cocoa coir) and feed them frequently and they're happy. Finding them is another story, not too common and probably fairly pricey; $60ish for a baby would be my guess.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Frogs [Re: Gumby]
    #10436041 -

$60 is nothing, how long do they live though?

How big of a tank do I need? At times I've done 2 x 1 x 1 fish tanks, but that's probably a tad too large for my liking atm.

I wouldn't want him unhappy though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Frogs [Re: Chubba]
    #10436073 -

Are they happier as a pair?

One last thing? Is it going to noisey, I just read that on a keeping frogs website and now I'm worried.

I live in units, I've had large amounts of pets all my life... but obviously I can't have them anymore... but I can't have a crazy frog making loud noises either :vaped:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Frogs [Re: Chubba]
    #10436089 -

Yea I would hate to have a pet be unhappy because I had him.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Frogs [Re: Cubie]
    #10436099 -

I'm very empathetic towards animals.

I could never keep my birds in cages or clip their wings, some got out (and probably died in the wild) from time to time but at least they had a 6 bedroom/2 storey house to hover around in.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Frogs [Re: Chubba]
    #10436105 -

Quote:
I'm very empathetic towards animals.



Me 2. I could never hunt or any thing like that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Frogs [Re: Chubba]
    #10436216 -

With most larger frogs you're looking at 7-20+ years. That particular frog would be happy in a 10 gallon tank for it's entire life. Keeping them together is not a good idea unless you're trying to breed them. The "mouth on legs" frogs are highly inclined to cannibalism. They'll eat anything that moves that will fit in their mouths.

Croaking isn't too much of a worry, but they do croak sometimes. Particularly males. My Pyxie frog is a male and he croaks from time to time. Scares the shit out of me because I don't expect it. I've heard a few large Pacman frogs croak and they are LOUD. If they're in a tank that echos they will croak almost non-stop, they are kinda retarded.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Frogs [Re: Chubba]
    #10436228 -

Chubba said:
This is the best one yet Gumby

He's just like "Sup? What you looking at? We got a problem here?"





this frog makes me :sunny:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* vivariums and frog/lizard tanks CosmicFool 728 13 07/04/14 09:09 PM
by Endure
* A frog Nemo_Hoes 642 5 10/11/04 01:48 AM
by Charles
* lizards
( 1 2 3 4 all )
PurpleKush 7,268 71 07/28/06 09:37 AM
by Acidic_Sloth
* Anybody here into lizards??
( 1 2 all )
Legoulash 3,203 22 04/04/05 02:29 AM
by pstupid
* where can i buy lizard eggs? Atheist 1,387 11 02/29/08 10:33 AM
by Atheist
* Frogs! Everywhere I look theres frogs!! Dave_the_stoner 1,808 11 11/24/13 02:58 AM
by LittleDipster
* LIZARD BIRTHING niteowl 1,266 12 01/30/09 07:25 AM
by Newbie
* crazy ass lizard Doctor Sponge 891 10 07/22/13 12:51 PM
by HeyImShroomy

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
7,822 topic views. 9 members, 90 guests and 124 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.