Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
How does growing P.Mexicana differ from growing P.Cubensis?
    #10317151 -

Hello,
I got a print of P.Mexicana from FSRE. I made a honey LC out of it and I had some tick mycelium in about 2 weeks. I used the LC to inoculate 11 250 ml corn grain jars with added CaCO3 and CaSO4. 13 days later the jars were fully
colonized and I cased them with a 100 % peat moss(1o parts peat, 1/2 part CaCO3, 1/2 part CaSO4).

Then I waited for the mycelium to recover and start colonizing the casing layer and put my casings in a fruiting chamber at 90-95 % humidity, at 21 degree Celsius and now 8 days later I can see the first mushrooms coming.

The problem is they don't look like P.Mexicanas, but much more like a P.Cubensis. Am I growing P.Cubensis Mexicana? In few days I will have the answer, but what do you think?
I also made two spawns(3:1/Coco Coir:Substrate). This is day 2. Do the look well? When should I case them?


My final question is am I doing everything right?


--------------------
All Of RR's Notes On Mushroom Cultivation Forum - a must read
:alert: Everything I post is completely fictitious, and for your amusement only. All the pictures I post are either photoshopped or ripped from the internet. Whenever i trade for spores it is for examining the spores under microscopes to see their characteristics. There is no reason why I would ever want to nor will I grow mushrooms containing psilocybin. :alert:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How does growing P.Mexicana differ from growing P.Cubensis? [Re: Estario]
    #10317505 -

P.Mexicana does differ from P.Cubensis? the P.Mexicana is a smaller species, often closer in size to the Panaeolus spp. there are some grows here of the P.Mexicana. also, Workman at the Sporeworks has experience with these. he would be a good resource.

houdinihar

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How does growing P.Mexicana differ from growing P.Cubensis? [Re: houdinihar]
    #10326480 -

Here are some more pics of the first flush coming.

There is one very odd mushroom-the biggest one in this picture. What causes it to grow that way. My last grow almost all mushrooms were like that and I am very concerned. Finding the reason will definitely provide higher yields.


--------------------
All Of RR's Notes On Mushroom Cultivation Forum - a must read
:alert: Everything I post is completely fictitious, and for your amusement only. All the pictures I post are either photoshopped or ripped from the internet. Whenever i trade for spores it is for examining the spores under microscopes to see their characteristics. There is no reason why I would ever want to nor will I grow mushrooms containing psilocybin. :alert:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How does growing P.Mexicana differ from growing P.Cubensis? [Re: Estario]
    #10326552 -

looking good m8, did you put your casing layer on with a garden spade?

lol;)


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How does growing P.Mexicana differ from growing P.Cubensis? [Re: FractalXplora]
    #10327007 -

FractalXplora said:
looking good m8, did you put your casing layer on with a garden spade?

lol;)



I did try to make the peat as fine as possible. Is it really so bad?


--------------------
All Of RR's Notes On Mushroom Cultivation Forum - a must read
:alert: Everything I post is completely fictitious, and for your amusement only. All the pictures I post are either photoshopped or ripped from the internet. Whenever i trade for spores it is for examining the spores under microscopes to see their characteristics. There is no reason why I would ever want to nor will I grow mushrooms containing psilocybin. :alert:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How does growing P.Mexicana differ from growing P.Cubensis? [Re: Estario]
    #10327098 -

That thing has been mislabeled. It's clearly a cube, not mexicana. If anything it's a Psilocybe cubensis Mexican strain.
Psilocybe mexicana looks like it is much more closely related to Psilocybe species like P. semilanceata (only that it is a tropical species):



http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/3774672


--------------------
"Vegetarian" [ /ˌvedʒəˈteəriən/] - Ancient slang meaning "village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride".

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How does growing P.Mexicana differ from growing P.Cubensis? [Re: German Kahuna]
    #10327265 -

i agree with German Kahuna. you have a cube there. not your fault.

houdinihar

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How does growing P.Mexicana differ from growing P.Cubensis? [Re: houdinihar]
    #10332741 -

Here is my first flush. It look good. I had problems with my air delivery system and the mushrooms were deprived of oxygen. I hope that after fixing the problem the results will be even better.



I have only one concern. On this picture in the right bottom corner there is something white and fluffy. Does it look like cobweb? What can I do against it? I have recased and sprayed everything with diluted H2O2.

Edited by Estario (05/13/09 03:19 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Complete Professional Growing Tek
( 1 2 3 all )
bluhoney 24,251 43 04/15/24 03:10 PM
by stasis
* Re: *PICS* of outdoor grown Cubensis.
( 1 2 all )
GGreatOne234 7,633 27 04/26/00 09:22 PM
by phrozendata
* Re: Mexico season is here! want to grow some mexican beauties? NonFunctional 876 3 06/04/00 06:24 AM
by AIRDOG
* Re: Growing cubensis on a commercial mushroom cake? ToTheSummit 2,170 3 01/14/00 04:16 PM
by ToTheSummit
* growing cubensis warren 1,053 1 12/23/01 11:17 PM
by downforpot
* Re: 2nd time growing cubensis with pics CLuB99 3,854 15 12/10/99 10:47 PM
by Gadget
* growing cubensis in uk geometrix 1,380 4 12/26/01 05:57 PM
by luvdemshrooms
* Best Grow Guide 1st Grow GuineaWop 2,116 2 04/02/16 11:24 PM
by Michaelogist

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
6,961 topic views. 14 members, 96 guests and 116 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.