Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Is this a good Dehydrator?
    #10158148 -

juts bought a new dehydrator but not sure if its a good one to use. says it has a heating source at the bottom which it has air circulate around the trays. anyone have experience with this? good to use heat?

this is the one:
http://www.target.com/Ronco-5-Tray-Food-Dehydrator-FD1005WHGEN/dp/B000G20TCQ/sr=1-1/qid=1239652582/ref=sr_1_1/183-5979350-3916757?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=0&index=target&rh=k%3Aronco%20dehydrator&page=1


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is this a good Dehydrator? [Re: ibusturcherry]
    #10158175 -

hmm, I've been wondering about dehydrators as well. I was looking at this one.  :sunny:


--------------------
"All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become. "

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is this a good Dehydrator? [Re: StuckintheskY]
    #10158374 -

yea, my one just uses a heating source and has no fan. is this good to use? doesnt heat degrade psilocybin?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is this a good Dehydrator? [Re: StuckintheskY]
    #10158376 -

Those both seem fine to me... :S

Just make sure they don't get too hot while dehydrating.


--------------------
DON'T READ THIS!


Any information/ pictures/ text that implies I grow or use illegal substances is false and/ or for entertainment purposes. Nothing I say or submit to this forum or to any other should be taken literally.

I am become death, destroyer of worlds.

Fryer Mike

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is this a good Dehydrator? [Re: Fryer Mike]
    #10158439 -

how hot is too hot for mushies? right now its reading 140 F.....


--------------------

Edited by ibusturcherry (04/13/09 02:49 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is this a good Dehydrator? [Re: ibusturcherry]
    #10158463 -

I was wondering about dehydrators with heating lately.

So far I've only done one crop and got three so-so flushes.

The first flush I used a dehydrator and packaged them in 1gr cellophane doses. 

The other two flushes I just let sit on the dehydrator tray and never turned it on and they dried anyways within a week or so.

I tried some that were air dried and I got off pretty well.  I gave some from the first flush that I used the dehydrator on to some friends and they said they didn't get off on them.  Now just yesterday I tried exactly 1gr from those from the first flush that I ran through the dehydrator (only took about 3 or 4 hours to get cracker dry) and I barely felt any effects at all!

I wonder if the dehydrator changed the potency or if it was something else that did?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is this a good Dehydrator? [Re: Mogombus]
    #10158494 -

i know heat does degrade psilocybin. i just measured mine with a thermometer and it was reading at 145 and still increasing. so im thinking anything like that will in fact degrade potency.

im gonna return this one and just get one that also has a fan installed.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is this a good Dehydrator? [Re: ibusturcherry]
    #10158556 -

Get one with a fan and adjustable heater.

Then turn the heat down as low as possible.


--------------------
DON'T READ THIS!


Any information/ pictures/ text that implies I grow or use illegal substances is false and/ or for entertainment purposes. Nothing I say or submit to this forum or to any other should be taken literally.

I am become death, destroyer of worlds.

Fryer Mike

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is this a good Dehydrator? [Re: Fryer Mike]
    #10158576 -

I would go with the Nesco American Harvest FD-61.
Its the one StuckintheskY  posted.

Adjustable heat down to 95!

That link is a great deal as well.


--------------------
"The trick is to combine your waking rational abilities with the infinite possibilities of your dreams. Because, if you can do that, you can do anything."  -WAKING LIFE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is this a good Dehydrator? [Re: HappyCamper15]
    #10162297 -

yea, i juts returned my old one, it got waaay to hot, and ordered that Nesco one sky posted. should be here within a week or so, ill let you know how it works out.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is this a good Dehydrator? [Re: Mogombus]
    #10162616 -

Mogombus said:
I was wondering about dehydrators with heating lately.

So far I've only done one crop and got three so-so flushes.

The first flush I used a dehydrator and packaged them in 1gr cellophane doses. 

The other two flushes I just let sit on the dehydrator tray and never turned it on and they dried anyways within a week or so.

I tried some that were air dried and I got off pretty well.  I gave some from the first flush that I used the dehydrator on to some friends and they said they didn't get off on them.  Now just yesterday I tried exactly 1gr from those from the first flush that I ran through the dehydrator (only took about 3 or 4 hours to get cracker dry) and I barely felt any effects at all!

I wonder if the dehydrator changed the potency or if it was something else that did?



Multispore. Potency will vary from flush to flush and even fruit to fruit when your working frm a multispore grow.

I know people who will dry there mushrooms in a dehydrator upto 150F with little to no potency loss.

Leaving them drying exposed to air will cause more of a potency loss than getting them dry quickly and stored in an air tight container.


--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is this a good Dehydrator? [Re: veda_sticks]
    #10162747 -

a cheap way is to get 2 air filters for your home and sandwich your mushies in between. Fasten that down to a box fan and let dry. It will blow all the moisture out and uses no heat. Works fantastic

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is this a good Dehydrator? [Re: beans]
    #10215005 -

So update on the dehydrator. i purchased this one http://www.amazon.com/Nesco-American-FD-61-Snackmaster-Dehydrator/dp/B000CEM3WM/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8 which came in within 5 days. Ive been using it with no problems at all, not too loud. I leave my fruits usually the night before and in the morning they are a crisp dry. Adjustable temperature so i just leave it at 95, the lowest setting.

THanks to StuckintheSky for the recommendation.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Is it safe to use this window screen for a custom dehydrator? AK1000 1,333 12 05/04/21 02:53 PM
by bodhisatta
* Drying in my dehydrator, a couple questions!
( 1 2 all )
Nizmo 4,397 28 12/10/15 01:47 PM
by Nizmo
* Dehydrator Project Cornelius 6,831 14 09/27/04 12:08 PM
by hyphae
* Using desiccant (Damp Rid) inside of a food dehydrator? Best possible method yet? ofzeroconcern 8,759 6 11/27/18 04:26 PM
by churchofzoom
* How long in the dehydrator?
( 1 2 all )
MkUltra 25,657 29 01/31/21 10:39 PM
by fahtster
* Is this a good dehydrator for drying mushrooms?
( 1 2 all )
Nizmo 6,211 22 12/09/15 11:44 AM
by nitrodigital
* In the market for a dehydrator - advice Rahz 5,711 12 09/22/08 11:33 AM
by Rahz
* Food dehydrators at thrift stores...?
( 1 2 all )
Kinky 4,311 24 04/19/13 04:30 PM
by cronicr

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,858 topic views. 16 members, 187 guests and 108 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.021 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.