Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinescifi5001
Deranger
 User Gallery

Loc: fi
MushMush
    #974108 - 10/19/02 03:03 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I just had to point out my extremely good experiences with these guys!
I bought a syringe from them but it didn't work out but they sent me 2 replacements!
And they answer any questions you might have!
That's service!
A+

--------------------
Nothing lasts, nothing is lost.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinescifi5001
Deranger
 User Gallery

Loc: fi
Re: MushMush [Re: scifi5001]
    #982340 - 10/22/02 09:02 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I innoculated 4 jars with one of the replacements 3 days ago and this one is most
certainly vial allright!! :laugh: 

--------------------
Nothing lasts, nothing is lost.

Offlinerhizo
herb eater
Loc: Superposition of possible...
Re: MushMush [Re: scifi5001]
    #1016977 - 11/02/02 10:12 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

My friend inoculated 8 jars with a cambodian syringe and 7 jars with a b+
syringe ordered from them. All jars were prepared together. The jars
inoculated with the cambodian syringe all germinated on day 3 and are currently
doing great with no contamination. The inoculation points in the 7 jars
inoculated with the b+ syringe did not germinate. It is now day 8 and the cambodian jars are about 20% colonized and the b+ jars have nothing.

Well, looking at the previous post it seems these guys are sending live ones mixed with duds to save time and money. Then when you complain they offer to send you more and you think, oh these guys are great because they sent me two more for free. Well, it's not about the money, it's
about the lost time. My friend doesn't mind paying an extra few dollars for a good syringe from a quality company. My friend wishes he had done his research first before ordering. Now he is concerned whether or not the cambodian syringe is really a cambodian syringe, and not some bogus strain. I would rate this company a 6 out of 10. I'd give them a 5 but they had the courtesy to give him sterile water in the dud syringe. Anyway, I'd recommend using some other
vendors mentioned on this board as they sound pretty solid.

--------------------
An optimist is never pleasantly surprised.

InvisibleUna
controlleddemolition

Re: MushMush [Re: rhizo]
    #1020117 - 11/04/02 04:43 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

We are not sending 'duds' mixed with viable syringes. From our experience sometimes people fail in their research with our syringes. We NEVER make a problem out of this and we ALWAYS replace the syringes that don't work for our customers.
People, please remember that it is live material that we are shipping. Although we don't know exactly how and why syringes turn out to be non viable, we have a nof fuss policy regarding the replacement of these syringes.

Regarding to us not answering emails (not mentioned in this message, but from an email send to us by rhizo). Luuk is on holiday and i'm running MushMush by myself at this moment. I think i deserve a weekend just as well as everyone and i'm (often) not answering emails on saturday and sunday.

the fact that an email reaches us in a matter of minutes does not automatically means that you will receive an answer in a matter of minutes although i make an effort to answer all emails ASAP.

Our apologies for the fact that your syringe turned out to be non viable but i can assure you that we don't send out syringes filled with just sterile water.

--------------------
www.911blogger.com

Offlinerhizo
herb eater
Re: MushMush [Re: Una]
    #1020524 - 11/04/02 09:34 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I just think it's a bit odd. Anyway, the cambodian jars my friend inoculated are colonizing rapidly. The remaining 3 cc's in the cambodian syringe were used to inoc the 7 b+ jars which didn't germinate. 4 days later and all inoculation points are showing growth. The cambodian syringe was definitely dark, and my friend would probably have paid $20 for it alone. My friend is just a little suspicious concerning the authenticity of the cambodian spores. Now, I think Una meant to say that he received an email from my friend.

--------------------

Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

#1023769 - 11/05/02 10:03 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

"Well, looking at the previous post it seems these guys are sending live ones mixed with duds to save time and money. Then when you complain they offer to send you more and you think, oh these guys are great because they sent me two more for free. "

wow thats a great scam i wonder why every vendor isnt doing it?
why would they waste money on post and syringes. when they could put a scraping of a print (which they must have loads of)

Offlinerhizo
herb eater
Re: MushMush [Re: blackout]
    #1026220 - 11/05/02 10:59 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

You're probably right. More likely it's due to poor quality control. Anyway, my friend just wants people to have all the information before they order. There are a lot of people selling spores these days and one would be wise to do their homework before ordering.

--------------------

Invisiblemycophreak
journeyman
Loc: Europe
    #1031689 - 11/07/02 07:16 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

"There are a lot of people selling spores these days and one would be wise to do their homework before ordering"

Whie everybody can make sporeprints, the series production of top quality spore syringes is an art. Indeed one of the strangest phemomena of sporesyringes is that
they often do not have a long shelflife. Fortunately there are people around who found a remedy.

I think there is but one source worldwide for the best - it is the only source of which the syringes are still viable after a year and longer. All the others are just attempts to copies. Unfortunately, the existence of copycats ensures that the optimum technique will not be published anytime soon.

Remember that it took that source about ten years to refine the art to the degree that he dared to open shop. Since then he has added over a decade more of experience in making spore syringes.

If you want to save time then the best you can do is stick to that source of unbeatable quality.

Yachaj

Invisiblemycophreak
journeyman
Loc: Europe
How2test authenticity of mushroom races [Re: rhizo]
    #1031710 - 11/07/02 07:32 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

First of all, I think mushmush is legit. But in this thread the question came up if a 'cambodian' you got in the mail really is of the genotype you ordered.

Indeed it often happens that vendors sell the same spores under different names so customers buy more syringes. So how can you test your product? It is simple!

The best method I have tried so far is to inoculate one substrate jar with 2 different strains. So in the first point of inoculation 'strain 1', in the second 'strain 2', in the third 'Strain 1' and in the fourth 'Strain 2' again.

If the two strains are different, the mycelia will look different and the mushrooms too. Most visible is that they do not pin simultanuoulsy. Different strains will refuse to form one mycelium. Under a microscope this is best visible, but often also with the naked eye.

Another trick is to mix sporewater or myceliumwater of the 'different' strains. If they are really different, mushrooms will have great difficulty to form. Often there is no pinning at all

These tests can best be performed when you have two control strains (of which you are certain that they are different) to perform the test on, so you can see what can be expected.

Yachaj

Offlinerhizo
herb eater
Re: How2test authenticity of mushroom races [Re: mycophreak]
    #1040182 - 11/10/02 01:04 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

"First of all, I think mushmush is legit".

Yeah, I do too. I think I was a little hard on them and a little quick to pass judgement. The cambodian has definitely impressed my friend.

--------------------

Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Re: MushMush [Re: mycophreak]
    #1045578 - 11/12/02 04:14 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

"I think there is but one source worldwide for the best "

who??

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: MushMush [Re: blackout]
    #1045689 - 11/12/02 07:27 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Yachaj off course means www.fanaticus.com .
I can?t tell if he?s the best source for syringes, but certainly he was the first, more than 10 years ago.

Offlinerhizo
herb eater
Re: MushMush [Re: Una]
    #1098000 - 11/30/02 07:37 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

ok, i was a wanker. these cambos are sweet. here are a few small teaser picks of una's cambodians. when my friend brings over a proper digital camera i'll start a thread in the pictures forum.

--------------------

Invisibleem_bre_O
shroomery'sEmbryoticAsshole
 User Gallery

Loc: In the stages of develope...
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: Anno]
    #1098307 - 11/30/02 11:54 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: MushMush [Re: em_bre_O]
    #1099552 - 11/30/02 10:04 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Who? MushMush?

Go and check and tell me....

Offlinerhizo
herb eater
Re: MushMush [Re: Anno]
    #1128040 - 12/10/02 06:42 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1128058 - 12/10/02 07:17 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

circular reference -> see reference, circular

Offlinerhizo
herb eater
Re: MushMush [Re: Anno]
    #1128069 - 12/10/02 07:33 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

that was an accidental post. i was pm'ing someone and i tried to put a url reference in the pm, but there wasn't an option. so i had to go to the reply section of a thread to get the url html code, and then i accidentally posted the reply thinking it was the pm...sound confusing? anyway, sorry 'bout that

(edit)
btw, looking back at that post it's kind of trippy. also liked your reply.

--------------------

Edited by rhizo (12/10/02 07:44 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale