Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
do you guys think that I over reacted?
    #10196529 -

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10182084

in this thread I kind of feel I may have went a tad bit overboard.  when I say that, what I mean is I am not sure if I should have been as negative or up front to this kid as I thought.  i consider the shroomery my internet home like most all of us, and ODD particularly I almost consider my domain.  I usually read every post in every thread.

usually, for the most part, people ask questions and get real answers.  sometimes they are a little silly, yes.  but they do get answered, most of the time by cool, chilled out people with real information backed by real facts.  at one time, yes, I was a little 15 year old newbie asking if I could snort certain pharmaceuticals or if a generic xanax bar is any different than a brand name.  all this I get.

but this thread in particular really irked me and I kind of went off.  i'm not sure if I should feel bad for it or if I should be okay with it.  I felt like what I said needed to be said, but i'm just kinda lookin for a little reassurance...

if I took it too far or whatever I'd like to know.  but, IMO, this is what we need really active ODD mods for.  if it were up to me, a thread like that would have been locked from the start.

but like I said, I am not trying to start trouble I am just trying to get an idea of how far I took a situation that possibly didn't need to be touched at all.  if the admins/mods would rather people like me not take a sort of authoritative stance on posters like this I won't again.  also, I would like to stress that I am in NO way suggesting that I should be a mod or we should reevaluate the current mods.  that is NOT the purpose of this post at all.  I just want to know if any of you guys think I took a few of my words a tad bit far.

peace and love my hippie brethren.  :hippie:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: do you guys think that I over reacted? [Re: zSDMF]
    #10196589 -

Quote:
go eat some rainbow colored bars and hallucinate elephants you wanker.



LOL

I think koopa certainly underestimates the placebo effect as do most people actually.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: do you guys think that I over reacted? [Re: Ego Death]
    #10196617 -

ya placebo is uber strong on the weak minded


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: do you guys think that I over reacted? [Re: Coaster]
    #10196641 -

Yeah and the uninformed.

Just look at these Jesus people who get healed by placebo.  I've done a lot of research into stage hypnosis and mind tricks, much of this is a kind of an extension of the placebo effect.

Never underestimate the power of belief.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: do you guys think that I over reacted? [Re: Coaster]
    #10196658 -

so I mean, do you think I over reacted?  i'm not hpi, sometimes it bothers me when I piss people off when it's not needed lol.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: do you guys think that I over reacted? [Re: zSDMF]
    #10196675 -

Nah, don't sweat it zSDMF.


--------------------
Confucius say, "Man who go to bed with itchy butt, wake up with stinky finger." :strokebeard2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: do you guys think that I over reacted? [Re: zSDMF]
    #10196679 -

Eyyy, forget about it.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: do you guys think that I over reacted? [Re: zSDMF]
    #10196691 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: do you guys think that I over reacted? [Re: Ego Death]
    #10196704 -

dude zSDMF ur so niice its ok man we all understand


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: do you guys think that I over reacted? [Re: zSDMF]
    #10196750 -

i think you should be banned :smirk:


--------------------
how's your WOW?





  Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: do you guys think that I over reacted? [Re: zSDMF]
    #10196804 -

yeah king koopa was being a retard.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: do you guys think that I over reacted? [Re: DeathCompany]
    #10196899 -

as usual
he was once cool and then he turned gay


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: do you guys think that I over reacted? [Re: Coaster]
    #10197074 -

lol read the first two pages didnt even see your name...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: do you guys think that I over reacted? [Re: Coaster]
    #10197090 -

Coaster said:
ya placebo is uber strong on the weak minded



Placebo is strong in smart fucking people as well.

Placebo has cured cancer!


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: do you guys think that I over reacted? [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #10197099 -

lol what are you talking about
i never feel the placebo effect


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: do you guys think that I over reacted? [Re: Coaster]
    #10197106 -

You can't argue with science, dood.


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: do you guys think that I over reacted? [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #10197136 -

koopa sounds as if he was "barred out" through the entire thread

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: do you guys think that I over reacted? [Re: zSDMF]
    #10197168 -

don't blame you at all z :tongue:

In my opinion ignorance is completely forgivable and acceptable, as long as they are willing to learn something and cure their ignorance on that subject.  But refusing to take any facts in, is just plain stupid...and I can't stand stupid people, it just irks me to no end...and i only define 'stupid' as those choosing to remain ignorant, or defend a position they do not know to be fact, which indirectly, is displaying ignorance...lol

peace

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: do you guys think that I over reacted? [Re: supra]
    #10197235 -

supra said:
don't blame you at all z :tongue:

In my opinion ignorance is completely forgivable and acceptable, as long as they are willing to learn something and cure their ignorance on that subject.  But refusing to take any facts in, is just plain stupid...and I can't stand stupid people, it just irks me to no end...and i only define 'stupid' as those choosing to remain ignorant, or defend a position they do not know to be fact, which indirectly, is displaying ignorance...lol

peace



QFT

ODD is my home too, and Koopa was way out of line, any and all negativity directed at him was acceptable in my opinion.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: do you guys think that I over reacted? [Re: zSDMF]
    #10197262 -

ODD is such a mess right now that knowledgeable members are now questioning if they were in the right or in the wrong...

z, you didn't overreact. You're dealing with a highly unmoderated forum. ODD is not what it used to be. At points, it surpassed erowid - and look at it now. At other times, it came very close to the Hive.

And look at it now.

:wow:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* zSDMF <-------- Deleri 672 15 03/18/11 01:15 AM
by akira_akuma
* wondering if I should take my cat to the vet. or am i over-reacting? *update - cat has cancer
( 1 2 3 all )
danlennon3 3,034 41 09/28/13 06:58 AM
by MadSeasonAbove
* How do your animals react to you while your on different drugs? *DELETED*
( 1 2 all )
shroomboywonder 1,893 24 06/25/14 04:08 PM
by SleepyE
* Extreme sensitivity to pot, anyone else react this strongly? [LONG POST] Bhimastheme 3,059 19 06/07/10 04:46 PM
by Shroom lover
* Boxxy reacts to Boxxy CosmicFool 526 7 04/14/13 02:43 PM
by TheFakeSunRa
* What causes a child to react hostile and/or violent? solemntruth 551 1 10/27/06 06:11 AM
by Gomp
* If your son told you he wanted to be a post-op transvestite, how would you react?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
sunset_mission 4,063 90 04/25/11 06:24 PM
by sunset_mission
* How will you feel / react
( 1 2 3 4 all )
DeadHearts 2,393 73 03/17/11 10:39 PM
by akira_akuma

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,187 topic views. 4 members, 18 guests and 132 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 18 queries.