Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Incubator and chamber
    #1012152 -


The chamber

The big cake in the middle


--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?


:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Edited by Magash (11/01/02 02:14 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Incubator and chamber [Re: Magash]
    #1012301 -

I haven't seena full incubator like that in a while. Nice I must say. Got enough jars to grow for a small country.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Incubator and chamber [Re: Magash]
    #1012371 -

Damn!..  You got that baby jam packed.  Please keep us updated.

--happygrins :grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Incubator and chamber [Re: Magash]
    #1012479 -

How big is your fruiting chamber? What kind of climate control does it use? With all those jars incubating, what do you do when they are fully colonized? Do you have another chamber or do you store them? If you store them, do you just stick 'em in the fridge? Why is the grass green? Can I be a cow when I grow up?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Incubator and chamber [Re: Theta]
    #1012763 -

Ok, the chamber is 4ft long, 2ft wide, and 2ft high.
I have a picture somewhere on my post called "Fucken with the cakes 2" of my climate control. I use 2 humidifiers, a coolmist runs all the time and a ultrasonic every 3 hours for 3 minutes each time.
A lot of jars get broken up into pieces then I form those big cakes like the one in the middle of the chamber pic. I also use a lot of jars for casing rye berrys and horse poop. I do most my tests on cakes since it seems to be the most common way to grow. I also have stored jars for months in the fridge with no problems.
Grass is green cause of the way light reflects off the pigments.
Yes you can be a cow if you work really hard at it. The more cows you eat in burger form the bigger cow you become, I have tested this. :grin:

We can see California coming, and we're scared--- James Brady 







   


--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?


:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Incubator and chamber [Re: Magash]
    #1013104 -

Magash, I've got another question for you. I see you run cakes alongside casings. I've noticed many people do the same.

All the formal FAQs I've seen say cakes and casings meed different conditions to fruit optimally. What's your take?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Incubator and chamber [Re: Theta]
    #1014019 -

Well they say that you can't but I haven't seen a problem with it. The casings do better at cake humidity than cakes do at casing humidity. I haven't found a problem keeping them together.
I will tell you this, I have found that rye berry  casings do better at cake humidity than casings made of cow or horse poop. Not really sure why yet but when I do I'll post it like my other tests.  I think it has something to do with poop being able to hold more moisture overall.  :grin:


     


--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?


:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Incubator and chamber [Re: Magash]
    #1014084 -

Thats a shitload of pf cakes! Why dont you just do bulk grain? 10 jars replace a whole incubator full of pf jars! Nice!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Incubator and chamber [Re: Magash]
    #1014098 -

In the first picture, what the deal with the tub(s) near the cable ties?? It looks like the top tub is indented on the side. Is this for a reason, or is the pic distorted somehow???

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Incubator and chamber [Re: On_the_Down-Low]
    #1014440 -

The top tub wants to float thats why the zip ties. When you hold the tub down the weight of the water causes the dents in the side of the inner tub. The water is heated to 86f and surrounds the jars with perfect temps.


--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?


:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Incubator and chamber [Re: Magash]
    #1014500 -

Just get ones that are these two sizes.


Then stick the heater in bottom of the larger one.


Then stick the smaller one inside the larger one.


These work great.


--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!


Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Incubator and chamber [Re: Roadkill]
    #1014850 -

That is pretty much what I had but I started another project and had to enlarge the incubator in a hurry.


--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?


:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Incubator and chamber [Re: Magash]
    #1015121 -

"Grass is green cause of the way light reflects off the pigments."

More accurately...the way light is absorbed by the pigments.

It looks like you like to cook a lot of BRF. Are those large cakes in the middle crumble cakes?

Joshua


--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Incubator and chamber [Re: Joshua]
    #1015174 -

I'm doing what I can about the pigment thing.



--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?


:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Edited by Anno (11/02/02 01:11 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Incubator and chamber [Re: Joshua]
    #1015257 -

In reply to:
More accurately...the way light is absorbed by the pigments.



I was going to say that, but I was just over joyed to learn I can be a cow!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Incubator and chamber [Re: Magash]
    #1015683 -

You know if you move jar a to the left side you have room for a few more jars, good god, that is alot of jars..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Incubator and chamber [Re: Magash]
    #1015729 -

Dude I want plants like that, damn I drooled on the f$cking keyboard.


--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Incubator and chamber [Re: Skikid16]
    #1015868 -

It's nice to have hobbies.


--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?


:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Incubator and chamber [Re: Skikid16]
    #1018897 -

>>>Dude I want plants like that, damn I drooled on the f$cking keyboard<<<

ditto


-XiC


--------------------
Don't soak your WBS dummy! There's an =>easy<= way.
For Your Health!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* *DELETED* PJDIDDLE 1,264 4 10/21/02 03:33 PM
by Magash
* Heating Incubation Chamber in Confined Space FirstAvailable 2,536 12 02/18/04 12:36 AM
by IDontGrow
* Incubation chamber sterility? FINITE1 2,138 11 03/02/05 10:56 PM
by trad_climber
* Incubation chamber, steril? Dank420 1,493 8 04/24/03 08:27 PM
by Dank420
* no place for incubating chamber encryptor 570 4 11/15/04 02:07 PM
by IGnosticAbhorI
* Incubation Chamber Shroomer_of_Oppression 1,238 3 03/05/03 10:09 AM
by Che_Night_Soil
* Incubation Chamber Temps... Dgrepo 1,232 2 05/02/03 11:45 PM
by Dgrepo
* The Perfect Incubation Chamber TinMan 3,020 9 11/01/02 10:05 AM
by razer

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
2,112 topic views. 18 members, 182 guests and 163 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.