Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Okay, so if I want to measure out a shot's worth of booze but don't have a shot glass...
    #10089439 -

...what do I do?

I don't feel like driving out to the store to purchase one, but I've heard vague rumors that you can accurately measure a shot by only pouring out of the bottle for a certain amount of time.  This seems rather fishy since this doesn't necessarily take into account the size of different apertures in alcohol bottles, but I'm rather intrigued as to whether there's any way to do this.

Any drunken nerds out there up to the challenge?


--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Okay, so if I want to measure out a shot's worth of booze but don't have a shot glass... [Re: deCypher]
    #10089454 -

Why not just eyeball it?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Okay, so if I want to measure out a shot's worth of booze but don't have a shot glass... [Re: deCypher]
    #10089456 -

measuring cup?


--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Okay, so if I want to measure out a shot's worth of booze but don't have a shot glass... [Re: deCypher]
    #10089458 -

Do you have a scale?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Okay, so if I want to measure out a shot's worth of booze but don't have a shot glass... [Re: Knifey Mcstab]
    #10089465 -

I don't have a measuring cup or working scale; just regular red plastic cups and a bottle o' Smirnoff.  I could just wing it or chug straight from the bottle, but I'm curious as to whether it's possible to accurately measure a shot.


--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Okay, so if I want to measure out a shot's worth of booze but don't have a shot glass... [Re: deCypher]
    #10089468 -

If i was in your position i would just take a big swig. That is about a shot for me. Other than that, you could go to your bathroom and find a small Dixie cup or something. Or in a pinch i just take a small glass and pour what looks to me like a shot into it.
Good luck.:goodluck:


--------------------
"Liars prosper."
~Anonymous
[quote]lexmark said:
no, howbout you learn to be illiterate[/quote]:rofl:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Okay, so if I want to measure out a shot's worth of booze but don't have a shot glass... [Re: Blasphemous]
    #10089481 -

1. Grab bottle.
2. Lift bottle to your mouth.
3. Drink as you please.
4. Enjoy?

Unless it's for cooking, in which case you should probably get a glass.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Okay, so if I want to measure out a shot's worth of booze but don't have a shot glass... [Re: Blasphemous]
    #10089484 -

i'd either make a drink
or have the bottle in one hand and a chaser in the other
baddabing


--------------------

ga ga ga eets eets how you gone be mad on vacation?
MONICA COULDN'T TELL TIME UNTIL SHE WAS 13

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Okay, so if I want to measure out a shot's worth of booze but don't have a shot glass... [Re: deCypher]
    #10089491 -

deCypher said:
I don't have a measuring cup or working scale; just regular red plastic cups and a bottle o' Smirnoff.  I could just wing it or chug straight from the bottle, but I'm curious as to whether it's possible to accurately measure a shot.



Well, ya it's possible but I don't know the exact measurement of a shot..


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Okay, so if I want to measure out a shot's worth of booze but don't have a shot glass... [Re: deCypher]
    #10089502 -

Pour for one second at a rate just below when teh bottle gasps for air.  This will be about 1oz.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Okay, so if I want to measure out a shot's worth of booze but don't have a shot glass... [Re: Your Destination]
    #10089527 -

Hm, I suppose I could calculate the necessary volume decrease from the cylindrical bottle.  If a shot is 1.5 fl oz, that's equivalent to about 45 cc's.  Damn, now I gotta find a ruler to measure the diameter of this handle.  BRB

(is a shot 1 or 1.5 fluid ounces though?)


--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Okay, so if I want to measure out a shot's worth of booze but don't have a shot glass... [Re: deCypher]
    #10089533 -

Just swig that mother fucker.


--------------------
Tune in, Freak out, Get Beaten.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Okay, so if I want to measure out a shot's worth of booze but don't have a shot glass... [Re: deCypher]
    #10089537 -

lol you REALLY wanna take a shot don't you?


--------------------

ga ga ga eets eets how you gone be mad on vacation?
MONICA COULDN'T TELL TIME UNTIL SHE WAS 13

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Okay, so if I want to measure out a shot's worth of booze but don't have a shot glass... [Re: deCypher]
    #10089544 -

Go to the dollar store/walmart/anywhere and just buy one. lol


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Okay, so if I want to measure out a shot's worth of booze but don't have a shot glass... [Re: shadyy]
    #10089555 -

shadysteve said:
lol you REALLY wanna take a shot don't you?



Well this is originally stemming from my desire to drink a couple shots daily to promote cardiovascular health.  For recreational purposes I'd just swig that motherfucker.  :grin:


--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Okay, so if I want to measure out a shot's worth of booze but don't have a shot glass... [Re: deCypher]
    #10089560 -

1 part vodka, 3 parts soda. Whats the problem?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Okay, so if I want to measure out a shot's worth of booze but don't have a shot glass... [Re: deCypher]
    #10089561 -

Just give it a slosh.

Look at the glass, rememer what 30 - 35ml looks like.

Very easy, I reckon nearly ANYONE could eyeball within a couple of ml.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Okay, so if I want to measure out a shot's worth of booze but don't have a shot glass... [Re: deCypher]
    #10089562 -

just drink from the bottle. the alcohol will kill any germs.


--------------------
"Life sucks but in this really beautiful way" - Axl Rose
"Life's a bitch and then you die that's why we get high cuz you never know when you're gonna go." - NAS
"When people don't know what you're about they put you down and shut you out" - Black Sabbath
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" - Gandhi
"Look up at me I am God, look down on me and I am evil, look at me I am you." - Charles Manson.
"Don't question my reality." - Me (as far as I know)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Okay, so if I want to measure out a shot's worth of booze but don't have a shot glass... [Re: c0sm0nautt]
    #10089572 -

c0sm0nautt said:
3 part vodka, 1 parts soda. Whats the problem?



fixed

:smilingpuppy:


--------------------

ga ga ga eets eets how you gone be mad on vacation?
MONICA COULDN'T TELL TIME UNTIL SHE WAS 13

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Okay, so if I want to measure out a shot's worth of booze but don't have a shot glass... [Re: c0sm0nautt]
    #10089603 -

c0sm0nautt said:
1 part vodka, 3 parts soda. Whats the problem?



Eeep.

I part gin, 1 part ice, 1 part sprite.


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Glass Blowing. pretty glass bongs and stuff felix 3,754 6 10/18/02 02:35 PM
by pezbomb
* I cross my wooden leg, and I swear on my glass eye PapaverS 1,710 7 01/24/03 10:39 PM
by Papaver
* advice on a glass pipe isabellegoddess 1,557 7 12/14/02 05:54 AM
by Llamanose
* I just melted a glass jar in my microwave! MindTrap 1,221 5 12/10/02 10:08 PM
by CHeeCHer
* Glass Pipes LordSenate 972 4 03/16/03 03:14 PM
by Viveka
* Why don't we just rename OTD the "Shit Heap"
( 1 2 3 all )
boxtop703 13,391 53 05/07/18 09:20 AM
by Cannabischarlie
* Why don't you post in OTD? Senor_Doobie 3,811 15 02/12/03 06:53 AM
by Shroomism
* BONNAROO SOLD OUT AND DON'T HAVE SOMEONE TO GO WITH!! HELP. *DELETED* Cracka_X 2,244 13 03/01/17 05:01 PM
by Midnight_Toker

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,092 topic views. 2 members, 18 guests and 191 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.