Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
    #9976507 -

Well as anyone with a flashcart knows, You have to hack this rom in order for it to play. Rockstar included what is known as a "piracy block" which freezes the game when you get to the "Select a file" screen.

Well I took the liberty to remove this piracy block, and went ahead and uploaded the rom for anyone that wants it. So if you have a flashcart and want to play GTA:CTW you can get it from me via this link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D5BGR0DH

I also have Chrono Trigger DS with the piracy block removed if anyone wants that as well, just PM me.


--------------------

When The Power of Love,
Overcomes The Love of Power,
The World Will Know Peace.

Government - The TRUE WMD

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars [Re: Jamio]
    #9976620 -

Nice, surprised you don't have it on the pirate bay.

download sites are nice, but BT is better.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars [Re: Visionary Tools]
    #9976749 -

I don't use the pirate bay, so I am not sure how to upload it on there. If you would like to tell me how to I will upload it there.

Or you can upload it there, just be sure to give me credit for the hacking of the rom.

I am also currently working on a translation of Mario & Luigi RPG 3, So I should have that up in about a week or so.


--------------------

When The Power of Love,
Overcomes The Love of Power,
The World Will Know Peace.

Government - The TRUE WMD

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars [Re: Jamio]
    #9977194 -

downloading right now. cant wait to play. the commercial made it look like gta 2 like with the over head view. i hope its good. how is it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars [Re: stinkybritches]
    #9977205 -

It is pretty wicked, I personally love that it is cell shaded (my favorite style of game).

There are some sweet ways to make money it is as well (aside from just missions and killing people, you can also sling drugs to make cash).

You won't be disappointed.


--------------------

When The Power of Love,
Overcomes The Love of Power,
The World Will Know Peace.

Government - The TRUE WMD

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars [Re: Jamio]
    #9977526 -

Doesnt work in mine. It starts the game and stays on the  saving, please do not power off the DS or remove the Game Card  screen. What type of card you using?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars [Re: Killa420]
    #9978153 -

game is very very dope. wish I had seen this thread before I went through all the trouble of cracking it myself last night!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars [Re: m1ndriot]
    #9979229 -

what software are you using to get into the ROM sourcecode?


--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)



Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars [Re: coda]
    #9979265 -

I used DSLazy to unpack the rom, then I replaced the stock version of ARM7 and ARM9 with my modified ones.

Then using DSLazy I repacked the rom and that is all there is to it.

(I can confirm that this does work on the M3DS Real, I have used this on mine personally, and I have giving it to three other people that also use the M3 and it worked perfectly for them as well).

I did have one person with an R4 say that they were having problems getting past the "select a file" screen still, but that is a problem with the R4 firmware.


BTW - Mine and the Three other M3's this has been tested on all used the Sakura 1.12+1 Firmware.


--------------------

When The Power of Love,
Overcomes The Love of Power,
The World Will Know Peace.

Government - The TRUE WMD

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars [Re: Killa420]
    #9979272 -

Killa420 said:
Doesnt work in mine. It starts the game and stays on the  saving, please do not power off the DS or remove the Game Card  screen. What type of card you using?



Which Flashcart and Firmware are you currently running?


--------------------

When The Power of Love,
Overcomes The Love of Power,
The World Will Know Peace.

Government - The TRUE WMD

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars [Re: coda]
    #9980141 -

exactly what he said.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars [Re: m1ndriot]
    #9981199 -

Im using the cycloDS. It wouldnt load past the first screen but I found one patched for the cycloDS. Pretty sweet game. Havent tried the online yet though. I saw you can enter friend codes so that should be pretty fun.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars [Re: m1ndriot]
    #9981227 -

Cool.  I wasn't expecting this until tomorrow!  Too bad I'm at work and the DS is at home.

Can you just let me know one thing:  how involved is the stylus? 

Personally, I find the stylus awkward to use in almost any type of action gameplay (its only good for writing and selecting stuff in brain teaser and trivia-type games).


--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars [Re: badchad]
    #9981270 -

well so far the stylus has been used to hotwire cars and its been used for the "pda".

I have not played to far into it yet tho. sorry I could not provide more info on it.


--------------------

When The Power of Love,
Overcomes The Love of Power,
The World Will Know Peace.

Government - The TRUE WMD

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars [Re: badchad]
    #9983316 -

hotwiring cars, drug trading, throwing molotovs. its not really that involved in the whole action based gameplay which is good because trying to manipulate the left and right sets of buttons as well as the stylus can be troubling. so far i have no complains about the controls. i think the game translates exceptionally well onto ds.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars [Re: Killa420]
    #9984026 -

EDIT: if you're using CycloDS you'll have to find a special version and update to firmware 1.54


--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Edited by badchad (03/16/09 07:24 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars [Re: badchad]
    #9997308 -

Here are some Action Replay cheats for anyone that wants them:

Game ID:
YGXE-DEE4AA12

Infinite Health:
a4000130 fcf30000
22340cb1 0000007f
d0000000 00000000

Infinite Body Armor:
a4000130 fcf30000
22340cb2 0000007f
d2000000 00000000

WASTED: (Press L+R+START+SELECT)
94000130 fcf30000
22340cb1 00000000
22340cb2 00000000
d2000000 00000000

Max / Infinite Cash:
32341918 3b9aca00
02341918 3b9aca00
02341914 3b9aca00
d2000000 00000000


--------------------

When The Power of Love,
Overcomes The Love of Power,
The World Will Know Peace.

Government - The TRUE WMD

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Modern Warfare 2
( 1 2 3 4 ... 37 38 )
skunkape 38,653 754 04/02/10 08:24 PM
by Apocalypso
* What Are You Currently Playing?
( 1 2 3 4 ... 156 157 )
CookieCrumbsM 135,722 3,124 09/22/26 10:41 PM
by DorkWithTheHair
* PSP Games citricacidx 1,487 17 07/28/11 09:51 PM
by pickeroo
* Nintendo DS Mod Chip
( 1 2 3 all )
mudkip 5,654 42 03/21/09 08:21 AM
by xdzt
* Xbox 360! mndfreezeMDiscordReddit 4,426 12 09/01/08 05:08 PM
by Ythan

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Ythan, Anno, Thor, Link, Seuss, Shroomism, CookieCrumbs
2,232 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.