Home | Community | Message Board

Myco.ca - Spores & Cultivation Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Bowels of Canada
Re: What Are You Currently Playing? [Re: Tiamo]
    #23864266 - 11/24/16 08:21 PM (5 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

Tiamo said:
Planet Coaster! I love theme parks

if that's the one I'm thinking of it looks really fucking good... was watching a guy on youtube playing the alpha about a year ago, I was drooling lol

--------------------
Nothing is true, everything is permissible.

Our laws make law impossible; our liberties destroy all freedom; our property is organized robbery; our morality an impudent hypocrisy; our wisdom is administered by inexperienced or mal-experienced dupes; our power wielded by cowards and weaklings; and our honour false in all its points. I am an enemy of the existing order for good reasons.

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflinemndfreezeMDiscordReddit
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PuppetMasterFlash
Re: What Are You Currently Playing? [Re: LuSiD9]
    #23865002 - 11/25/16 02:03 AM (5 years, 11 days ago)

Planet Coaster just released. I'm probably going to pick it up as I've had a hankering for another sim game lately and a change from the Cities Skylines city builder seems fun.

I never played Sim coaster or Rollercoaster tycoon but I have played lots of other sim games so I imagine it will be loads of fun.  Especially after watching so many of my favorite youtubers play it.

--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Lashed to the pyre
Re: What Are You Currently Playing? [Re: mndfreeze]
    #23880778 - 11/30/16 08:48 AM (5 years, 6 days ago)

You Shroomerites go off talking about Planet Coaster and I go "what's that exactly?  It sounds interesting."

Now am hopelessly addicted to the damn thing.  Have put in a good 50 hours and am trying to unlock all the stars in game before December 7th, because each star counts as an entry in a contest for a gaming computer I probably don't need.

Thanks a lot. 
:kingcrankey:

Seriously, this is crazy fun, even if my frames sometimes dip as low as 40 when I'm riding a ride :awehigh:

InvisibleTiamo
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: What Are You Currently Playing? [Re: Tantrika] * 1
    #23880928 - 11/30/16 10:28 AM (5 years, 6 days ago)

You're welcome. :heart:

Invisibledjmako7
Antitransubstantiationalist
 User Gallery

Loc: A shady spot under a tree
Re: What Are You Currently Playing? [Re: Tiamo]
    #23882220 - 11/30/16 06:04 PM (5 years, 6 days ago)

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Good game:thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: What Are You Currently Playing? [Re: Tantrika]
    #23882636 - 11/30/16 08:39 PM (5 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

SweetLeafSamadhi said:
You Shroomerites go off talking about Planet Coaster and I go "what's that exactly?  It sounds interesting."

Now am hopelessly addicted to the damn thing.  Have put in a good 50 hours and am trying to unlock all the stars in game before December 7th, because each star counts as an entry in a contest for a gaming computer I probably don't need.

Thanks a lot. 
:kingcrankey:

Seriously, this is crazy fun, even if my frames sometimes dip as low as 40 when I'm riding a ride :awehigh:

:lol:

I was hopelessly addicted to rollercoaster tycoon 3 for quite awhile..

not sure if my laptop can handle this one, although it's handling cities skylines just fine on lowered graphic settings just fine even though I thought for sure it would melt it.. maybe I should give it a shot.. wonder if there's a demo available.

--------------------

Our laws make law impossible; our liberties destroy all freedom; our property is organized robbery; our morality an impudent hypocrisy; our wisdom is administered by inexperienced or mal-experienced dupes; our power wielded by cowards and weaklings; and our honour false in all its points. I am an enemy of the existing order for good reasons.

Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #23892133 - 12/03/16 11:23 PM (5 years, 2 days ago)

I ended up buying planet coaster, playing it for a day then returning it because it just couldn't hold my interest.  I dunno, it felt TO creative mode and not enough game mechanic mode.  When I play SIM games I need to have a sort of career mode pathway.  Like in a city builder I like starting with no city, a tiny bit of money and you have to work up to a big city.  With planet coaster it was free build mode (boring) or the missions which gave me an already partially built park?  :/

But I dunno, I just couldn't get into it.  It didn't help that the interface feels like it requires a certifcation course and test to learn how to use. lol So many damn keybinds and shortcuts you need to know in order to place all the little bits and pieces correctly.  Learning photoshop is easier.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #23892135 - 12/03/16 11:24 PM (5 years, 2 days ago)

I did start playing subnautica again.  Still have the ARK servers up and going, but in sort of a lull since most of my friends and players on the server doing other stuff in life and takin breaks.

Oh and BF1 still.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

OfflineNcShroomr
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #23892158 - 12/03/16 11:31 PM (5 years, 2 days ago)

Yeah i added you my name is Yaholmeister but im down for some bf1

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: What Are You Currently Playing? [Re: NcShroomr]
    #23892427 - 12/04/16 01:23 AM (5 years, 2 days ago)

I would like to play battlefield 1. It's been long enough since I played a world war game I think I'd really enjoy it.

--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
    #23892502 - 12/04/16 02:09 AM (5 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:
I ended up buying planet coaster, playing it for a day then returning it because it just couldn't hold my interest.  I dunno, it felt TO creative mode and not enough game mechanic mode.  When I play SIM games I need to have a sort of career mode pathway.  Like in a city builder I like starting with no city, a tiny bit of money and you have to work up to a big city.  With planet coaster it was free build mode (boring) or the missions which gave me an already partially built park?  :/

But I dunno, I just couldn't get into it.  It didn't help that the interface feels like it requires a certifcation course and test to learn how to use. lol So many damn keybinds and shortcuts you need to know in order to place all the little bits and pieces correctly.  Learning photoshop is easier.

It's not just the interface that is dense, the game itself is pretty dense and does not do a lot to communicate how it functions.  It has a fair bit in common with Rollercoaster Tycoon though, so was able to get into it fairly easily.

The mode you were actually looking for is Challenge mode -- starts off with an empty park, limited funds, and only a few types of rides unlocked. Have to do research to progress through different rides and slowly unlock the money and technology to build kilometer long roller coasters that turn multi-thousand dollar-per-month profits.

Career mode (the missions) actually seems to be the game's tutorial, which really just goes to demonstrate how thick some of the mechanics are -- some of them are kind of absurd, but others give kind of interesting maps to work with, particularly for someone like me who lacks the real creativity to do more than slap down rides in ways that funnel people through spending, and hope for the best. :lol:
Having maps with pre-made tunnels and statues to build my roller coasters through and around is a lot more manageable than doing the terrain modifications myself. :cookiemonster:

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #23894206 - 12/04/16 05:11 PM (5 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:
I did start playing subnautica again

how is that?.. I downloaded the timed trial on xbox one, but my girlfriends son ended up playing it not knowing it was a trial, so I didn't get the chance to try it out..

--------------------

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #23894242 - 12/04/16 05:28 PM (5 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:

I'm kind of the opposite lol... I thoroughly enjoy the creative aspects.. on cities skyines, I do have a city I'm building the real way and it's definitely cool, but I'm having way more fun with the ones I'm building with infinite money and everything unlocked... I love building fully functional, aesthetic utopias for my cims, and also epic amusement parks that I would kill to go to in real life.

I played all the challenges or whatever on rollercoaster tycoon 3 and they were alright, but again I had way more fun starting from a piece of flat land with infinite funds and turning it into a massive, kick ass, aesthetic theme park... that big green flat chunk of land is like a canvas to me :thumbup:

the one problem I had with RCT3 though, and it seems planet coaster has the same issue for a lot of folks, is building a cool coaster people will actually ride... the ones they will actually go on seem kinda bland, even when you keep the gforces realistic it's either too intense or too nauseating.. you basically have to build pathetic little kiddie coasters or they wont ride it :tongue:

--------------------

OfflineAcidAstronaut
Stranger

#23896841 - 12/05/16 03:09 PM (5 years, 1 day ago)

Playing Gears of War 3 and Multiplayer for Titanfall 2 on XB1.Almost halfway done with Uncharted 3 on PS4.

--------------------
Ayahuasca recipes

Mescaline Albums

PKD is to acid as H.P.Lovecraft is to shrooms

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
    #23896909 - 12/05/16 03:45 PM (5 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

LuSiD9 said:
the one problem I had with RCT3 though, and it seems planet coaster has the same issue for a lot of folks, is building a cool coaster people will actually ride... the ones they will actually go on seem kinda bland, even when you keep the gforces realistic it's either too intense or too nauseating.. you basically have to build pathetic little kiddie coasters or they wont ride it :tongue:

This can get particularly irritating with some of the career mode missions, where it asks to complete some rather long or high speed coasters.

It seems to be that the AI judges the Fear and Nausea ratings based primarily off of speed though -- keeping in the 50-75kph range and taking smooth loops seems to help.
It can feel pretty satisfying to pull one off that actually appeals enough to people to make money though.

Am just really thankful for the ability to save blueprints, so that the coaster can be rebuilt into future parks without the hours of tweaking the tracks. :cookiemonster:

Even then, it came out good but not great; the tail-end of the coaster has trouble keeping up momentum because it runs for such a distance. :lol:

Am also pretty bad at designing track scenery, but it is a work in progress now that the track itself is set up.

OfflineTmethylM
Smear in the shale
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida
Re: What Are You Currently Playing? [Re: Tantrika]
    #23896948 - 12/05/16 04:00 PM (5 years, 1 day ago)

Path for Exile just finished a massive update called "Breach" and it's incredible
There is no game like it.

www.pathofexile.com

--------------------
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

InvisibleChakanooga
Always Lmao
Male User Gallery

Loc: Wonderland
Re: What Are You Currently Playing? [Re: Tmethyl]
    #23905123 - 12/07/16 10:55 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Been playing a lot of Simpsons hit n run.

--------------------
Official:
Facemelter
HyperspaceTraveller
NostalgicGamer

Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #23905125 - 12/07/16 10:56 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

LuSiD9 said:
Quote:

mndfreeze said:
I did start playing subnautica again

how is that?.. I downloaded the timed trial on xbox one, but my girlfriends son ended up playing it not knowing it was a trial, so I didn't get the chance to try it out..

I think its pretty awesome.  I actually bought it a long time ago after seeing some youtubers do lets play episodes on it, and I just reinstalled it after months of other games because more content is released now.  The final release date for 1.0 is February I think, so its pretty close to complete. 

If you like survival style games you will like it.  It has base building, a story you sort of piece together yourself just by exploring, and a unique setting with it being all in the water basically (with tiny tidbits out of the water).  Because its still early access it does still have bugs and is not completely optimized yet, so if that sort of stuff bothers you then wait for 1.0. 

The changes in the last few patches and content additions were so big that I started a new game and it feels like the entire way I played it before is different and changed.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

Offlinetripo3
Trippy-Hippo

#23933166 - 12/16/16 07:58 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

lord of the rings war in the north, monaco, and how to survive

--------------------
Tripo's First Grow Log

Invisibledjmako7
Antitransubstantiationalist
 User Gallery

Loc: A shady spot under a tree
Re: What Are You Currently Playing? [Re: tripo3]
    #23934117 - 12/17/16 02:26 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Metal gear solid the phantom pain

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom