Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: ‘Manchurian Candidate’ Starts War on Business: Kevin Hassett [Re: MistaUNGA]
    #9978225 -

I think Stonehenge means brainwashed in that they believe that there is a difference worth arguing about between the two approved nearly identical politicians. Not that it's pro-state, arguably every party is pro-state otherwise they would be fighting to disintegrate the government, not running for office. Instead the reality is that the brainwashing is that neoconservativism in it's quasi-liberal (D) or social-conservative (R) form is what the system in America must be and that this economic paradigm isn't hurting the country. Even though quite the opposite is true.

Edit: Anyone notice how when Luddite posts a horrible (off topic some times) cut and paste of an article, Phred writes a reply to make a debate out of it so he doesn't have to lock it. I mean this one was just pulled right out of his ass, he had nothing to say so he just regurgitated some conservative BS that he knew would make people debate or at least thought would qualify the post to debate-worthiness.

Here's a video of my roommate trying to read luddite's "post" (cut and pasted article with no content to contribute).

here's after reading phred's response you can see he's literally up the wall with rage. Damn partisan roommates.

Edited by ScavengerType (03/15/09 08:16 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ‘Manchurian Candidate’ Starts War on Business: Kevin Hassett [Re: ScavengerType]
    #9978685 -

Quote:
Edit: Anyone notice how when Luddite posts a horrible (off topic some times) cut and paste of an article, Phred...blah blah blah whine whine lie lie lie



I don't get you guys. I really don't. First of all, it is simplicity itself to ignore Luddite's posts if they manipulate you against your will into such a mental state that you cannot refrain from crapping all over yourself in public. That's what Ythan coded the "ignore user" feature for. Secondly, we've finally - after all these years and innumerable PMs and even bannings -  managed to get Luddite to initiate relevant, topical, reasoned threads on current matters of interest from mainstream and respectable sources, and what is your reaction? Berate him for the quality of his introductory commentary. What the fuck?  You'd think he was still posting laundry lists of dozens of anti-Islam screeds from lunatic-fringe websites in the middle of a thread about economics. You really have a difficult time separating the messenger from the message, don't you?

Why is it that in almost half your posts you feel compelled to mention me or zappaisgod or Lonestar or some other poster who makes you look foolish? What deficiency in debate do you possess which leaves you unable to make your point without hauling in extraneous personalities? Is it a diet thing? Or a technique taught to you by a beloved teacher in one of the government schools you attended?

If you think I'm doing such a terrible job as a moderator here, fill in a support ticket to the Administrative staff and have them do a review. Stop cluttering up this forum with your petty bullshit.





Phred


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ‘Manchurian Candidate’ Starts War on Business: Kevin Hassett [Re: Phred]
    #9978987 -

I learned it from you, have another look at my kittens you know I am right with kittens on my side.

Quote:
phred said:
While there are some reasons to believe Obama's is deliberately attempting to destroy the US economy, it is certainly also plausible that he is just spectacularly incompetent.



The only people who said this sort of shit about Bush were usualy 9/11 conspiracy theorists.


--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

Edited by ScavengerType (03/15/09 10:45 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ‘Manchurian Candidate’ Starts War on Business: Kevin Hassett [Re: ScavengerType]
    #9979486 -

i think it's plausible from both angles:
bush either was so incompetent that he didn't know 9/11 was going to happen, and subsequently accidentally crashed the stock markets OR..... he knew EXACTLY what he was doing/doing what he was told.

do you really think they didn't know about the attacks happening? that there weren't at least any red flags? FBI agents calling alarm being ignored..., flight instructor asked how only to fly not to land, IGNORED...
why? because it would help some of the wealthiest people in the world become even more so, along with more power over the herd of sheep.

the same is for obama: either he doesn't know economics from his ass from a hole in the ground, or he's doing what he's told.

additionally, conspiracy is defined as 2 or more people colluding for illegal behavior, so you're REALLY gonna try and say there aren't AT LEAST 2 wealthy bankers behind the shadows that wouldn't contribute to a winning campaign of big gov't to induce gov't control of the markets, thereby raking them in even more money and power than they already have?

fat chance.

the same people that controlled bush control obama.
it's painfully obvious, and yet so many people still don't get it.

and as long as people are willing to sit in front of the idiot box and be spoon fed everything from news to sustenance, this nation is fucked. and i don't see that changin for a long time.

i dunno if you'd consider this a :tinfoil: type explanation, but to me it's totally logical and plausible.


--------------------
:gc:
Madtowntripper said:Or just give her a cloroform soaked rag and tell her it's ether!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ‘Manchurian Candidate’ Starts War on Business: Kevin Hassett [Re: MistaUNGA]
    #9979767 -

yea I realy thought the kittens thing would tip people off that I wasn't being serious.

Politicans (in the US) are like cars from the big 3. You can get a new one in a new color if you like, but when it comes to the mechanics of it, it's the same crap they've been pedaling since the eighties with little change.


--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ‘Manchurian Candidate’ Starts War on Business: Kevin Hassett [Re: ScavengerType]
    #9981113 -

ScavengerType said:
I learned it from you, have another look at my kittens you know I am right with kittens on my side.

Quote:
phred said:
While there are some reasons to believe Obama's is deliberately attempting to destroy the US economy, it is certainly also plausible that he is just spectacularly incompetent.



The only people who said this sort of shit about Bush were usualy 9/11 conspiracy theorists.



Now that's some funny ass shit right there.  Firstly, neither Phred nor myself nor lonestar, as far as anyone knows, is a politician.  Your infatuation with us is certainly remarkable.  Second, Phred posited an either/or.  Although it would certainly help Obama get support to remake America in his socialist vision, which socialist vision I and many others have pointed out long before the election, I do not think he is deliberately trying to ruin the economy.  I don't think he could do it on purpose since I come down on the "He is stunningly stupid" side of the argument.  Which I have also been hammering since before the election.  The first Affirmative Action president is going to set black politicians back for decades.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ‘Manchurian Candidate’ Starts War on Business: Kevin Hassett [Re: zappaisgod]
    #9981527 -

Quote:
Although it would certainly help Obama get support to remake America in his socialist vision, which socialist vision I and many others have pointed out long before the election,



how? Nobody will likely vote for him is he screws the pooch severely on this one, why would "ruining America" help him at all?

I think if I've mentioned you guys in a argument it is because you guys say outrageous shit like this and still expect to be taken seriously.


--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ‘Manchurian Candidate’ Starts War on Business: Kevin Hassett [Re: ScavengerType]
    #9981727 -

How?  Let's see, the economy gets ultra fucked and the bum class gets all pissy pissy and he rides in on a white horse screaming about how t3h EEEEEvul wall street bankers cannot be trusted and we need to have socialized health care and and and a chicken in every pot.  Yeah, that's the ticket.

But that's irrelevant because I didn't say that and neither did Phred.  What I did say is that I think he is an incompetent jackass who couldn't screw up the economy on purpose if he wanted to.  Which you would know if you had actually read my post.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ‘Manchurian Candidate’ Starts War on Business: Kevin Hassett [Re: zappaisgod]
    #9981875 -

:popcorn:


--------------------
Spawn Ratio Calculator
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/7803673#7803673
I only grow edibles.Any info I give ONLY applies to gourmet mushrooms.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ‘Manchurian Candidate’ Starts War on Business: Kevin Hassett [Re: nw_shroomy]
    #9982690 -

yea you said that and you claimed to have been saying it with others here before the election. Either way I think you should reread your answer to that question. If the US economy dies it's gonna be more like Jamaica or Mexico than the USSR.


--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ‘Manchurian Candidate’ Starts War on Business: Kevin Hassett [Re: ScavengerType]
    #9983815 -

I said Obama as a retard before the election.  So far I'm looking mighty prescient.  The US economy is not going to die.  It can't die, no matter how much retards fuck with it.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ‘Manchurian Candidate’ Starts War on Business: Kevin Hassett [Re: zappaisgod]
    #9984046 -

you said
Quote:
Although it would certainly help Obama get support to remake America in his socialist vision, which socialist vision I and many others have pointed out long before the election,



Implying that if Obama destroys the economy it will empower him to some sort of "socialist vision" as you call it.

I'm saying no, this is simply not true. He would have a weaker stance as a politician and he would have less money to fund any future personal agenda he has. That is to say the opposite is true, if he has some sort of "socialist vision" he will have more political power to enact it if he prevents catastrophe.


--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

Edited by ScavengerType (03/16/09 06:34 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ‘Manchurian Candidate’ Starts War on Business: Kevin Hassett [Re: ScavengerType]
    #9984379 -

Some people, not myself, think he might just be doing that.  It is not entirely outrageous, especially given Rahm Emmanuel's pronouncement that it would be a shame to waste a crisis.  Like I said, I just think he's dumb.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ‘Manchurian Candidate’ Starts War on Business: Kevin Hassett [Re: zappaisgod]
    #9984482 -

I'm not debating your opinion of Obama, my point was that what you said and that I quoted twice now was entirely false.


--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ‘Manchurian Candidate’ Starts War on Business: Kevin Hassett [Re: zappaisgod]
    #9985027 -

Politicians will never waste a crisis. See: Bush administration and 9/11.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ‘Manchurian Candidate’ Starts War on Business: Kevin Hassett [Re: ScavengerType]
    #9987059 -

ScavengerType said:
I'm not debating your opinion of Obama, my point was that what you said and that I quoted twice now was entirely false.



By this bizarre criteria YOU also have said those things.  If you have any evidence to prove that they are false I'd love to see it.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ‘Manchurian Candidate’ Starts War on Business: Kevin Hassett [Re: zappaisgod]
    #9987066 -

I would just like to take this opportunity to say, I love Obama.


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ‘Manchurian Candidate’ Starts War on Business: Kevin Hassett [Re: Redstorm]
    #9987067 -

Redstorm said:
Politicians will never waste a crisis. See: Bush administration and 9/11.



I think Bush probably would have been quite happy not to have to deal with that.  Rahm Emmanuel, on the other hand, was openly welcoming of one.  I think I could hear him exclaiming "yipee" every time the Dow dropped.

And the Treasury department remains woefully unstaffed.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ‘Manchurian Candidate’ Starts War on Business: Kevin Hassett [Re: zappaisgod]
    #9987071 -

Yep, I'm sure Bush was dragged into making the Iraq war decision, feet scraping on the carpet.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ‘Manchurian Candidate’ Starts War on Business: Kevin Hassett [Re: Redstorm]
    #9987074 -

I suspect he was.  I didn't really see him being any more active than Clinton until 9/11 changed everyone's (thinking people) opinion of what would be tolerated by mid east nut cases.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Masters of War PGF 772 5 10/01/02 04:46 AM
by uno
* The Manchurian Candidate HarveyWalbanger 421 3 02/27/03 10:28 AM
by HarveyWalbanger
* We?ve Been Suffering ... What Took You So Long?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
mntlfngrs 4,577 74 04/15/03 04:11 PM
by luvdemshrooms
* Why any war with Iraq will be over in a flash Ellis Dee 686 4 01/02/03 04:05 AM
by TheCaptain
* THE PENTAGON?S NEW MAP
( 1 2 3 all )
mntlfngrs 3,895 54 04/06/03 10:29 PM
by Phluck
* Stopping the Manchurian Candidate
( 1 2 all )
GI_Luvmoney 2,147 22 02/17/10 05:40 PM
by GI_Luvmoney
* "Creative Destruction"??? ...and the doctrine of "total war" ruskifile 873 4 03/03/03 09:58 PM
by infidelGOD
* Why Arabs Lose Wars
( 1 2 all )
wingnutx 4,054 24 05/03/18 05:08 PM
by Murzelpfrumpft

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
2,785 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 12 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.