Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
car crashes
    #9960907 - 03/12/09 08:15 PM (15 years, 20 days ago)

I have been in a few notable car crashes in my time, as well as a few fender benders. Truth be told, Im probably a horrible driver by most people's standards, just based on the small fact that i am able to heat my house all winter long by burning the citations i recieve for driving. However, in my opinion,  I dont think that I am all that bad.

But back to the point, I have been in a few crashes, some worse than others. One of the most notable was when i was just 16, a new driver. The previous night had produced one hell of an ice and snow storm just before dawn, an un-expectedly severe storm at that. The end result of this eleventh hour snow storm was that come morning, only some of the area schools in the are were able to properly cancel school for that day. Mine in particular, was one of those that did not have enough time to react.

so that morning, i got dressed, started my truck and headed out the door to school just as i normally would have. About half a block from my house i realized the severity, and futility of my attempt to make it to school on time, as things were so slow going, I could have never made it on time. In an attempt to cut my losses, i decided take the interstate to school, as i thought that it would have had a better chance of being cleared, and open to travel. Oh how i was wrong.

Once on I-80, i realized that I was shit out of luck. cars were off the road left and right, and the road was white with packed snow and ice. The next exit, and place to turn around, was 7 miles away and also the exit for my school, i was comitted to the course of action, weather i liked it or not.  So catiously i treaded forward at around 40mph, my back end swinging and fishtaling every so often, but i always managed to get it under controll, well for the most part.

Then came the snowflake that broke the camels back. My back end swung out from under me again as i lost traction in the light weight rear wheel drive truck i was driving. this was a common occourance, and just like i usually do, i let off on the gas, tapped the breaks gently and steered into the fishtail... but un like what usually happens, the safe retrn of controll to my vehicle, This time Everything went to hell.

Within a seconds time I had managed to completely pull a 180. I was facing oncomming  traffic, across 2 lanes in the middle of the interstate. That alone would not have been such an issue, had i not still been traveling at around 40 miles per hour, backwards, heading into the Divider wall. I hit the breaks, i hit the gas, i turned the wheel every which way, and every possible combination therein. Nothing changed my course. my vehicle was firmly comitted to its course of action, and i was along for the ride.

Now what is not interesting is this, the crash in itself, or the situation that led up to it. sure it involved a number of decisions on my part, and could have gone a different way should any ONE of those decisions been changed, or had they even been made a moment later. But when these things are viewed in hindsight, the every day actions of our life can be questioned infanitely, and really, there is no point to that.

But what IS interesting is what happened to me while i was in that car, Set on an un-avoidable collision course with the median barrier. IT has occoured to me that in life there are very few things that we do not have power over. the power to change, or atleast the power to alter in some way. Usually these things are reffered to as our fate, or some devine will. Some people accept that, and some still try to fight the innevitable.I suppose that deep down I am one of those people that try and fight their fate, or their will.

But at that particular moment, I realized that there was nothing I could possibly do to avert my situation, my fate if you will. I remember it very clearly I just let go of the steering wheel, and tightened my belt. The car continued its backward slide, and in the rear view mirror, i saw the crash coming on. There was an odd sense of peace associated with that moment. Just knowing that my fate was sealed.

There was a certain beauty in all of that, Knowing that everything is about to go to hell for you, and just accepting it. Knowing that there is no avoiding your fate. It must be what people think and feel like in that moment after they jump off of a bridge or a high building and before they hit the ground.

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: car crashes [Re: ZippoZ]
    #9960957 - 03/12/09 08:23 PM (15 years, 20 days ago)

crusing up the interstate through atlanta one night, driving a
taxi, I hit a large patch of water that was running across the
road, the tires on the back were all kinds of wrong, I think they
originally came off a trailer or somethning, anyway I was only
doing about 45-50 because of how heavy the rain was but by rear end
started getting away, like you I tried to compensate but the fat
moving water kept pushing, when I made it out of the water the car
started to spin worse with no chance to recover, it finally stopped
on the wall facing into the traffic, 5 lanes of headlights heading
for me and I'm in a half lane on the median

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1