Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Cost of a cab ride? [Re: niteowl]
    #9908670 -

nightowl, I think ToTheSummit lives in or near Vegas, you might want to ask him.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cost of a cab ride? [Re: niteowl]
    #9908675 -

you should take a cab from the airport

and for the rest of the time there...just walk

if you are going to be in the tourist area, the city is mostly for walking, it would be a waste of money to get a rental, because you really wouldn't be driving around all that much.


--------------------
"If we could sniff or swallow something that would, for five or six hours each day, abolish our solitude as individuals, atone us with our fellows in a glowing exaltation of affection and make life in all its aspects seem not only worth living, but divinely beautiful and significant, and if this heavenly, world-transfiguring drug were of such a kind that we could wake up next morning with a clear head and an undamaged constitution - then, it seems to me, all our problems (and not merely the one small problem of discovering a novel pleasure) would be wholly solved and earth would become paradise." - Aldous Huxley
:drooling:GIVE ME OPIATES OR GIVE ME DEATH:drooling:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cost of a cab ride? [Re: The_Ghost]
    #9908677 -



--------------------
/ / / / / / / LISTEN TO MY MUSIC: E X E D / / / / / / /
The universe gives no fucks. And takes no fucks.
May His Circuits Ever Function

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cost of a cab ride? [Re: aDoS]
    #9908679 -

I've been to Vegas. Taking a cab is much easier because ALL the cab drivers know exactly what's where. And in Vegas, it takes the stress of finding and parking at anyplace.


We were in the hotel elevator with this lady that was all stressed out cause she was late getting back her rental car and, therefor late to the airport.

We grabbed a cab everywhere. SO much easier.

I don't think it was ever over 20 either.


--------------------

"In the 60s people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal...go figure."

Becoming human was not part of the plan...

I wish I could be as high as my tolerance-danlennon

Reality is a crutch for those that can't cope with drugs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cost of a cab ride? [Re: The_Ghost]
    #9908685 -

That link is absolutely no help to me at all.
The hotel I plan on staying at isn't on the list and I really don't know where I will be going once I get there.

I just need a general idea of the benefits of renting a car vs using a cab for a weekend trip to Vegas.

I'm just a simple country boy who has never visited a city
larger that 200,000 that I wasn't somewhat familiar with.


--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cost of a cab ride? [Re: magikgrl]
    #9908688 -

magikgrl said:
I've been to Vegas. Taking a cab is much easier because ALL the cab drivers know exactly what's where. And in Vegas, it takes the stress of finding and parking at anyplace.


We were in the hotel elevator with this lady that was all stressed out cause she was late getting back her rental car and, therefor late to the airport.

We grabbed a cab everywhere. SO much easier.

I don't think it was ever over 20 either.



:awesome:

Thanks!

Thats what i was looking for :thumbup:


--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cost of a cab ride? [Re: niteowl]
    #9908690 -

niteowl said:
I'm just a simple country boy who has never visited a city
larger that 200,000 that I wasn't somewhat familiar with.




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cost of a cab ride? [Re: niteowl]
    #9908691 -

And I stayed at the Palms which isn't on the strip, and I don't remember it costing anything over $20 even to get you to the other side of the strip. Even to Fremont Street (which is a MUST do) to check out old Vegas and the light show over the street.

Where are you staying Owl?

I FUCKING MISS VEGAS!


--------------------

"In the 60s people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal...go figure."

Becoming human was not part of the plan...

I wish I could be as high as my tolerance-danlennon

Reality is a crutch for those that can't cope with drugs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cost of a cab ride? [Re: magikgrl]
    #9908711 -

I really havent made any concrete decisions as of yet.

I was looking at one hotel on Travelosity last night
just to get an idea of how much this will cost.

I think round trip tickets + hotel room were averaging $1000-1200.

How did you plan your trip to Vegas magik?
How long did you stay?
How much money did you spend?


--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cost of a cab ride? [Re: niteowl]
    #9908741 -

niteowl said:
I really havent made any concrete decisions as of yet.

I was looking at one hotel on Travelosity last night
just to get an idea of how much this will cost.

I think round trip tickets + hotel room were averaging $1000-1200.

How did you plan your trip to Vegas magik?
How long did you stay?
How much money did you spend?




Let me preface this with a little back story:

A friend of mine introduced me to this guy at a party. Guy was loaded. Guy was also lonely. Guy said "Hey Magik, you wanna go on a trip?" I sure as shit didn't not believe him, since I've never had anyone take me on a trip, especially to Vegas and I'd only known him about 2 months...so one day he told me to goto Priceline and build a trip and send him the link, within 10 minutes I had a confirmation and tickets. I was SUPER cautious and worried this trip would all goto hell in a hand basket, however it ended up being the BEST trip of my life.

That being said. We stayed at the Palms for 5 days and with round trip tickets from Vegas to Michigan I *think* it was $2000 for two people. Keep in mind this is the Palms. It's one of the best hotels in Vegas. That's why it was a bit higher. We went in September which is the 'slow' season. But it's a perfect time to go. Weather is perfect. Not too hot.

We spent a shitload of money, I'll be honest. But it wasn't my money, and he was shelling it out.
But if it were me, I could of probably got by with a grand or so for the week. The casino's feed you drinks, but you gotta be gambling. We saw the  Blue Man Group VIP and Smashing Pumpkins, those tix were expensive. But you can get passes and shit from your hotel for cheaper tix, club passes etc.

I'd recommend staying on the strip, not necessarily the Palms. New York New York is nice, MGM, Tropicana, Hard Rock. All of em. And right now they're doing ALOT of specials to get people in.

I also recommend priceline over travelocity

Hope that kinda helped.


--------------------

"In the 60s people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal...go figure."

Becoming human was not part of the plan...

I wish I could be as high as my tolerance-danlennon

Reality is a crutch for those that can't cope with drugs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cost of a cab ride? [Re: niteowl]
    #9908747 -

niteowl said:
I have never had to take a cab before.

How much, on average, do they cost?



when I was driving it was a $2 pick up $1/mile, it appears it's
still $2/pick up and now about $2.25/mile

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* cross-country motorcycle ride Vvellum 2,691 19 07/19/05 11:36 PM
by HELLA_TIGHT
* I took a cab today pshawny 516 3 07/02/05 11:16 PM
by AbstractHarmonix
* LSD - A Rebirth on the First Day of Spring (Long Trip Report)
( 1 2 3 all )
OneMoreRobot3021 9,761 47 06/21/05 02:15 PM
by HELLA_TIGHT
* "Cop Rides Against War On Drugs" THE KRAT BARON 1,713 14 09/23/05 03:59 PM
by CaptainH13
* Whats Ur Ride??
( 1 2 3 4 all )
SubGen1us 5,982 74 09/07/04 12:15 AM
by Crestfallen
* Smoking out cab drivers? Boom 1,002 11 05/18/06 11:54 PM
by Dobie
* 'Festival Express' documents one wild ride SoDak_Stranger 2,776 12 07/20/04 05:28 AM
by FreakQlibrium
* If gas is gonna cost $3 a gallon
( 1 2 3 all )
MrBump 6,415 55 07/24/05 09:31 PM
by D4NK

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,447 topic views. 0 members, 42 guests and 133 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 15 queries.