Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinefrogsheath
Stranger
Loc: Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.
Impulse Manslaughter
    #989082 - 10/24/02 10:41 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

This happened about 5 years ago.  I'm not proud of it.  It  is remarkable
how incredibly stupid things can get if you let anger get the best of you. 
  It was a rainy November evening, sunday.  I had been driving for an hour or so.  It was about 7 pm.    I had just taken somebody to O'Hare airport.  It had been a rough ride.  The rain was pouring.  My defogger was doing nothing. 
I had been a Chicago cabbie for a few short months at the time.  I generally avoided the airport because it seemed overserved and it bored me.  You had to get in line in a staging area with hundreds of other cabs and wait 1 to 3 hours for a fare usually.  This particular night it seemed the smart thing to do though.  I needed a rest from the white-knuckle ride I just endured, and it being Sunday, the airport was "moving".  I could get in line, take a coffee break, and probably get a fare within an hour. 
  It turned out the airport was really moving.  Flights were being cancelled due to weather conditions.  The staging lot (which can accommodate hundreds of cabs) was emptying fast.  Cabs were being herded through the chutes toward the terminals now, and there was not enough incoming cabs to keep the lot full.  I parked in one of the lanes, behind a series of about a dozen cabs, and ran to the concession stand for coffee, getting wet on the way.  To describe the lot:  it's a series of about 50 single, yellow-lined lanes in a square lot.  The lanes are all the same length --about 150 yards.  They all converge into a bank of about 5 chutes where you push a button and grab a ticket before proceeding to the the appropriate passenger terminal.  Cabs line up almost bumper to bumper, and a few feet from eachothers' doors, and creep through the lot making their way to the chutes.  There is also a strict method to this --more on that later.
So, I greet this guy in the concession stand.  He greets me.  We smile about the rain outside.  It's kinda' pouring.  I grab my coffee and make a dash back to the car.  I see the lane I'm in has emptied considerably.  There is only one cab right in front of me, then about 5-7 carlengths clear ahead of it.  The lane ahead is about to become empty all the way to the chutes.  The problem is  no one is  in the cab right ahead of me.  I wait until the lane is completely empty, then I turn the front wheels and attempt to pass the empty cab.
  Right then this guy comes running from the concession stand, holding his dinner in a styrofoam container and a cup of coffee. He is shouting and seems inordinately upset.  I mean he is    furious .  He runs the 50 yards or so right up to the front of my car and stands there, holding out his hands and commanding me to stop. 
Sorry but I must continue later :laugh:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineakyouser_oner
unclefuckerextrordinaire

Loc: standing in the shadows a...
Re: Impulse Manslaughter [Re: frogsheath]
    #989089 - 10/24/02 10:44 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

TEASE!!!

--------------------
-akyouser.oner
<(((((((((((((((@~~~

OfflineEightball
whore consumer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #989099 - 10/24/02 10:49 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

not fair! finish it up!

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and you're holding on.you'll see devils tearing your life away.
But...if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels
Freeing you from the earth.

OfflineShroomSkin
Liberty or Death

Loc: Don't Tread on Me
    #989172 - 10/24/02 11:40 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah!!! FINISH!

--------------------
---
Stay gold.

Offlinepezbomb
exploding pez

Loc: Seattle, Washington
Re: Impulse Manslaughter [Re: ShroomSkin]
    #990049 - 10/24/02 05:18 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

bastard, i wanna hear the rest!  :laugh: 

--------------------
-------
The golden age was the age when gold didn't reign.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #990171 - 10/24/02 06:00 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Tell us now.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibleFrog31337
Stranger

Loc: Midwest, US
    #990782 - 10/24/02 09:49 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

DAMMIT!! I started this tread in the morning, and I was looking forward to finishing it tonight (how sad is that?)  :tongue:  Entertain me!!  :grin:

Offlinefrogsheath
Stranger
    #991539 - 10/25/02 01:22 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Sorry to all for the disruption. Here's the rest of the story. What happened next unfolded --to the best of my recollection-- as follows:
The guy's wild gesticulation provided a modicum of comic relief to a stressful situation. I was edgy from all the other guys laying on their horns behind me --there was a long line of cars behind me. You gotta understand that when the airport is moving the drivers get anxious. Everyone wants to get out as soon as possible. They call this condition a "drive-thru" --I found out some time later. I was a rookie at the airport. I assumed that it would be O.K. to pass the empty car in front of me. When the guy came running up condemning me I was amused at this. I was now straddling and blocking two lanes. The guy was standing in my way defiantly. I put the car into park, got out and shouted above the din of jet-planes, horns, and hard rain, something to the effect of, "Well, where the fuck've you been???" He shouted back in retaliation some curses I didn't quite understand. I recognized him as the guy that exchanged pleasantries with me in the concession area. We were exchanging curses back and forth in the rain now. Mostly "Fuck off". I really didn't care. Now the guy behind me had moved up and squeezed me out of the lane. I couldn't back up now. Everyone was honking incessantly. I shouted and asked the guy in front to move so everyone could move. He was going on about something. I got out of the damn rain, back in my car, put it in drive and let my foot off the brake for half a second. He jumped back and his eyes got real wide. He started screaming his condemnations at me. Meanwhile I figured he could have got in his car a long time ago and ended all this. I could have cared less about getting in front of him. The lot was moving . We were all gonna be out of there in like 10 minutes. I asked him to move again. He was saying I better not hit him. I did it again with the brake. I guess I was enjoying the show. This time after I stopped he did a little pirouette, jumped up, threw his arms up and flailed them around, whirled around flinging his styrofoam containers to the ground, and dropped to the ground out in front of the car. I couldn't see him now but I had stopped. I had only moved a few inches. I hadn't hit him. Some other drivers were scampering over and looking at him and then at me with contempt. One said something about how I was wrong and now I would be really sorry. I knew the guy was faking. I couldn't believe that he was gonna go through with it in the pouring rain though! By the way a lot of his friends were coming around initially as we first started to argue about the standoff. So, I got out in the rain again. This time I walked all the way over to see what I had supposedly done. The guy was laying there flaccid with his eyes shut. He was still breathing I could see. I said something like "BUUUULSHIT". His friends were all there condemning me. I swear I saw the corners of the "dead" guy's mouth curled up a little like he was grinning. His friends put on a little show of heroism. They were running to alert the police. I got back in the car out of the rain. I sat there for what seemed like an hour, watching dozens of cabs go around us in the neighboring lanes. They were all looking over at the scene curiously. I was obviously the perpetrator since my car was askew and there was a dead guy in front of it --IN THE POURING RAIN!!!! Eventually the starters announced on the loudspeaker to make way for the fire dept. I was thinking "I'm fucked!" They had to clear the holding lot for the fire trucks. The firemen looked at me and at the dead guy with wide eyes. They put him on a stretcher and drove off. I was told to wait there. Then the police came. I had to get out of my car. The cop didn't want to get wet. He asked me what happened. I told him "Man, I'm not lying. I didn't HIT this guy!" About then, out of nowhere, an African driver came over to the squad. He told the cop he saw everything. The other guy was full of shit. The cop believed us and let me go with no citation. The other guy attempted to sue the cab company.
Like I said it is remarkable how stupid things can get when you let your anger get the best of you. I thought I was going to jail. Note that I never intended to actually hit the guy. I learned you shouldn't even pretend you're gonna hit someone as a joke or threat. It's not funny. Hope you enjoyed the story.

Invisibledee_N_ae
\/\/¡†¢h |-|øµ§³ ¢å†
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Shadow of Neptune
    #991588 - 10/25/02 01:35 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

WOW  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:
Thanks for sharing that story man, awesome.
WTF was that guy thinking?  That there would be no eye witness to his blatant fraudulence?
LOL  :laugh: 

Offlineyoutelephonecall
Stranger

#991692 - 10/25/02 02:16 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

sounds as if that mofo had been watching too much of the world cup  - ayyieee my leg, my leg!  :wink:

have you met that weird ass chicago singing cab driver dude?
accidentally hopped in his cab one night on mushies - yikes! 

InvisiblePsilosKube
I'm eat todd did

Loc: In bed with your woman
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: frogsheath]
    #992027 - 10/25/02 09:05 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------
PK

All information and images posted by myself are fictional and for entertainment purposes only. I accept no responsibility for inapropriate or Illegal use of this information.

Offlinepezbomb
exploding pez

Loc: Seattle, Washington
Re: Impulse Manslaughter [Re: PsilosKube]
    #992846 - 10/25/02 04:47 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

bwahahah thats funny as hell!

--------------------
-------
The golden age was the age when gold didn't reign.

Offlinefrogsheath
Stranger
Re: Impulse Manslaughter [Re: youtelephonecall]
    #994687 - 10/26/02 02:30 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

No, I havn't met the "singing Cabbie" thank god!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub