Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineBuzzDoctor
Runs withscissors
Male

Loc: Atlantis
Pumpkin Ale - just brewed it!
    #970845 - 10/17/02 10:06 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I'm tired. Just spent the last couple hours brewing traditional pumpkin ale. Should be ready to drink by thanksgiving.

I've done a couple really good ones. Any homebrewers tried this?

Recipe was a variation of a Georgia State homebrew competition.

Later

Buzz

--------------------
Is the glass half-full or half-empty? I say it is both.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Pumpkin Ale - just brewed it! [Re: BuzzDoctor]
    #972944 - 10/18/02 05:58 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Wow, I dont have a clue about brewing beer, but I've alwasy been interested in the process and how alcohol is made...

Pumpkin brew sounds mighty good... :wink:

OfflineBuzzDoctor
Runs withscissors
Male

Re: Pumpkin Ale - just brewed it! [Re: angryshroom]
    #973110 - 10/18/02 07:07 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Homebrewing is THE most totally cool hobby I've had. For me, it's a natural extension: I like to cook, I like to drink beer. It's not hard at all. There are tons of books and websites. Once you've become a homebrewer, it's hard to not talk or think about it all the time.

"Listening to someone who brews his own beer is like listening
to a religious fanatic talk about the day he saw the light. "
-Ross Murray, Montreal Gazette, 1991

Let me know if you want to get started.

Buzz

--------------------

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#973209 - 10/18/02 07:53 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Well my roomie and I have given it a lot of thought.

A friend of mine is going into the wine business. He has aged and bottled his own wine for the past 2 years down in a winery in Sanoma Ca.

Another friend of mine brewed beer for a little while, but I never really asked any details or questions on what he did. I havent seen him for at least 3 years now either so I dont even know how to get ahold of him :frown:

I personally love to read bartending books, and how different sorts of liquor are produced. It is very fascinating for me, and is just amazing how many different liquors you can make with a distinct flavor with the slightest of ingredients or aging or wood.

I have a passion for the taste of good beer and liquor like you! :smile: Would be amazing to create your own.

I guess my first question would be whats the overall cost of setting up everything? I hear its somewhat cheap. How much time do you have to put into it per week or day?

Id be more than happy to be enlightened :smile:

OfflineBuzzDoctor
Runs withscissors
Male

Re: Pumpkin Ale - just brewed it! [Re: angryshroom]
    #974347 - 10/19/02 08:08 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

The equipment you can get for about $50, for instance I just searched on ebay and found one for $40.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2061855148

You'll also need a brewpot (no aluminum) as big as you can afford, one that can comfortably boil at least 3 gallons. Each batch of ingredients will cost about $20-$25 for 5 gallons. A couple places offer bulk malt extract and hops by the pound so you can cut the cost to about $10 for 5 gallons if you brew alot.

Time-wise, a typical batch will take about 3 hours or so for the 1 hour boil including cleanup. Then it ferments for a week to 10 days. You can bottle it then or transfer to a secondary fermenter to clear it up some more. After bottling it needs to sit for at least 2 weeks to carbonate, a month is better to let it age a bit.
The bottling process takes a couple hours for me alone, quicker with 2 people.

Don't say I didn't warn you tho: Once you get bit by the homebrew bug it's all you'll be able to think or talk about! You have a roommate - that's very good. I had no one to talk or brew with and my girlfriend really got sick of hearing about it. I went a year brewing a batch of beer about every week. I had a dozen yeast cultures in slants and did my own yeast starters. I skipped bottling and kegged it in 5 gal stainless steel soda kegs. Had 3 different beers on tap in my brew fridge at all times pretty much. It goes fast with people who enjoy good beer.

Buzz 

--------------------

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
    #974824 - 10/19/02 01:07 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Ive already started searching for a LB of weed for my anual Bud Beer Christmas Brew.

This year will be a Wild Berry Brew. To make the bud brew you first wash the bud in bottled water over a hash screen then use the water density hash making method to concentrate and filter out any impurities... I dont throw away anything because once washed most of the water soluable ingreedients are out so stems and leavs dont add much to the taste but the fermenting process will draw mort THC out.

Tripple filter/ferment the beer and I add both fresh berries and soncentrate, I also like to add some semi-carmalized sugar on top of the fermenting sugars to give it more sweetness and more alcohol.

This year Im gona use Cherries, Strawberries, Apple, Rasberries and a half and half light malted wheat/barley base to give it some lightness.

I bottle it in 22oz bottles and print up stupid lables on my computer with friends names and give them away as gifts... Im really excited because this is the only time of the year I allow myself to get high. I just got to be carefull that I dont hurt myself at work because that means an automatic drug test and a total loss of benefits.

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

OfflineBuzzDoctor
Runs withscissors
Male

Re: Pumpkin Ale - just brewed it! [Re: GabbaDj]
    #975345 - 10/19/02 07:09 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

LB? For a 5 gallon batch that comes to about 1/2oz weed per 22oz bottle. Isn't that a bit of overkill?
Is it tasty?

--------------------

OfflineMindTrap
Disembodiedvoice
Loc: It's all in your head...
    #975355 - 10/19/02 07:13 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, I've often wanted to try brewing but it seems cheaper to just go down to the liquor store and buy a six pack.

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
    #975461 - 10/19/02 07:59 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Generaly the stuff I get for this isnt verry good, thats why I wash it so that the impurities will come out and many of the water soluable canabinoids are sedatives which are in high concentration in dirt weed...
I usualy try to find someone who is growing and they give me a big bag full of trim with bunches of buds thrown in and I give them a case of bud beer.

Yah its DAMN tasty, almost like a cross between a light wheat beer and a wine cooler.

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

Offlinemr_kite
The Watcher
Male

Loc: shambhala
Re: Pumpkin Ale - just brewed it! [Re: GabbaDj]
    #976409 - 10/20/02 05:25 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Sounds pretty nice... what sort of effect do you get from it? Drunk and stoned simultaneously I guess?

--------------------
let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale