Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Golden Teacher Spore Microscopy
    #9706256 -

Some of you may have seen my GT Porn the other day:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/9693483#9693483

And, as is my practice, I like to view the spores off any mushroom (batch--not individual mushroom) I grow and intend to ingest, I pulled a tiny mushroom off my second flush and prepared a quick and dirty microscope slide "smear". I was too lazy to prepare a proper slide, but this generally works.

Anyways, I figured I'd share the photo. My USB cam that goes into my scope was having software issues, so this is a really crappy photo taken by holding a conventional cam up to one of the eyepieces. As a result, it's a little darker and blurrier than it is as seen through the scope (because of slight movement due to handholding the cam), but it's still halfway decent. Pic taken at 400x magnification. You can see some of the mushroom gill material and the spores attached to it. This weekend if I have time I'll do a proper slide and use oil to take a 1000x picture. Until then, here you go:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Golden Teacher Spore Microscopy [Re: Mentonaut]
    #9706316 -

May I ask what sort of microscope you are using? Is it one of the ones you attach to the PC via USB with an included cam? If so, I am impressed, because I didn't think they'd actually be that good. I know that every serious mycologist (or any serious microscopist) would shake their head at those, but for now what you got there is just what I am looking for.


--------------------
"Vegetarian" [ /ˌvedʒəˈteəriən/] - Ancient slang meaning "village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride".

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Golden Teacher Spore Microscopy [Re: German Kahuna]
    #9706396 -

Well, I was lucky enough that the owner of a lab microscope service business happens to live in my area, and stumbled across her on ebay. I ended up chatting with her and she had this used chinese microscope that she generally sells to veterinary students (who were required to have their own microscope). It's labeled a Westover Scientific, but she said they're branded under a bunch of generic names like that. Anyways, she had a vet student sell it back to her when he graduated I think, and she upgraded some parts and lens on it for me and gave me a great deal. She also sold me a USB camera for under $100 that replaces one of the eyepieces and does a better job.

Overall, the scope is excellent for the price, and that photo is really crappy compared to what you see through the lens. It literally is just me holding my Sony SuperSteadyShot camera up to the eyepiece and holding it as steady as I can. If I can fix my software issues with the USB cam I'll get photos from that up later.

Anyways, here's a picture of the scope to give you an idea what it is:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Golden Teacher Spore Microscopy [Re: Mentonaut]
    #9706626 -

nice scope mentonaut. How much was it if you don't mind me asking ?

I picked up one from a tag sale a few years ago. its missing the 40mm lens, and took a few days of work to clean up. gets the job done for 40 bucks though..



Its not really on my short list , but i would love to upgrade to something nicer down the road.. maybe with a USB cam that would be sweet.

I have way to much fun looking at my sperm !!! what can i say , the little guys are cute.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Golden Teacher Spore Microscopy [Re: reality_check]
    #9706940 -

Yeah, I confess to looking at my sperm once or twice too. :smile:

If I recall correctly, I think I paid around $285 for the scope, and she threw in a bunch of slides, covers, oil, cleaning supplies, etc.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Received Golden Teacher Spores today. vitamink 2,733 6 10/30/02 11:39 AM
by ehud
* WANTED : golden teacher print joyride 1,842 5 11/11/01 10:32 AM
by ralphster44
* golden teacher question *DELETED* mile69 2,440 7 07/16/02 04:31 AM
by Bruiser
* Re: PICS of Golden Teacher casing phrozendata 19,613 7 06/30/00 11:30 PM
by MuffinBear
* Re: Anybody ever grown Golden Teacher Cubensis? They any good. NearEnd 26,049 17 04/10/00 10:22 AM
by Condi1
* "Golden Nugget" spores from STP Maru 957 6 01/29/03 07:24 AM
by back_room_farmer
* Ne1 know about growing Golden Teachers as cakes... TreeOvGnosis 6,403 8 12/19/02 08:08 AM
by arcadium
* Golden Teachers...newbie friedly?
( 1 2 all )
TripySmurf 9,313 23 07/27/23 02:24 AM
by DERRAYLD

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,207 topic views. 13 members, 122 guests and 325 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.