Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Re: Upset about black youth during the inauguration. [Re: Syle]
    #9649601 -

Being a well-informed electorate takes work.

I think you misunderstood my post to mean that we all should go do our jobs and let the president do his.  Au contraire.  We need accountability.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Upset about black youth during the inauguration. [Re: Syle]
    #9649605 -

Syle said:
Quote:
However, we have real work to do now.



Quote:
I spent the day reading blogs discussing what in the world of the Bush mistakes can be fixed and how.  Now that's interesting.



:facepalm: how is blogging real work?



blogging is a way for the people to get their words out there
whereas fox news, cnn, mass media etc filters it all.  there is defintly someting to be said about blogging.


--------------------
 


Big Gulps!  Alright!  Well,  See ya later!
And if i claim to be a wise man, well, it surely means that i dont know!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Upset about black youth during the inauguration. [Re: DeadPhan]
    #9649625 -

I agree


--------------------
"If we could sniff or swallow something that would, for five or six hours each day, abolish our solitude as individuals, atone us with our fellows in a glowing exaltation of affection and make life in all its aspects seem not only worth living, but divinely beautiful and significant, and if this heavenly, world-transfiguring drug were of such a kind that we could wake up next morning with a clear head and an undamaged constitution - then, it seems to me, all our problems (and not merely the one small problem of discovering a novel pleasure) would be wholly solved and earth would become paradise." - Aldous Huxley
:drooling:GIVE ME OPIATES OR GIVE ME DEATH:drooling:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Upset about black youth during the inauguration. [Re: DeadPhan]
    #9650079 -

Quote:
if anything...i think its worse for the people that get teary eyed and panties wet because of it.  such as u.  thats what they want!  im sorry, but ur post realy disturbed me.



we may not agree, but you are using your brain at least. I appreciate the opinion you have, even tho it's not shared. I will say this in my own defense, no one ever would get away with calling me a sheep to my face. i wont elaborate on that, but i will suggest you spend a year in detroit if your curious. 

Anyways obama will improve my life, and truth be told im a conservative. I just want to see a silver lining in 2009 and there was no way i could vote mccain. Also, i doubt you have anything to teach me about civics or politics. I have an extensive formal education. I welcome debate, but you should bring your A game, because im a man of conviction. I campaigned for Dr. paul, and in the spirit of freedom, support  the winner of the election to the extent that the system should prevail and eventually my political ambitions will be realized, most of which relate to public policy and drug law. I think we have alot in common even if you dont agree that Obama is filling a role that young black men dont get to see alot: a positive role model.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Upset about black youth during the inauguration. [Re: rodfarva]
    #9651330 -

wow farva, you're taking yourself a little too seriously here. FYI, I attend a hispanic serving institution with mostly non-traditional students, as in first generation students, older students, and students from below the poverty line. I've had many opportunities to participate in scholarly peer-education on racism and diversity with people of MANY cultural backgrounds - not just black people.

I don't particularly give a shit about whether you're black. You can be black and still be racist, just like one could be a misogynistic woman. Get off your high horse and stop judging people. I'm sorry if I offended you, but I call racism when I see it.


--------------------
While there is a lower class, I am in it
While there is a criminal element, I am of it
While there is a soul in prison, I am not free.

Eugene V Debs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Upset about black youth during the inauguration. [Re: kriminalelement]
    #9651386 -

The guy might have just wanted be be "badass" because some women will sleep with guys for just about any reason


--------------------

Discuss Politics

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Upset about black youth during the inauguration. [Re: twighead]
    #9652330 -

twighead said:
Why should he care?
maybe he just views himself as a human, not a black human etc.
I personally didn't give a shit.



Beat me to it.

The thread starter is a perfect example of liberal racism.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Upset about black youth during the inauguration. [Re: rodfarva]
    #9652348 -

If I wanted to watch the inauguration I would have stayed home from class.
He probably felt the same.
I don't go to class to watch unrelated television shows.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Upset about black youth during the inauguration. [Re: rodfarva]
    #9653513 -

rodfarva said:
So today i had class during the inauguration and the professors all decided that we would watch that instead of normal classes today. So i went down to the "african american" room and sat between a black boy and girl who were both prolly under 20 years old. I said hi or something to the boy and started a shallow conversation with him. It took him no more than 3 sentences before he said some shit that blew my mind.

I made a misleading comment to him about how its typical of my college to do some stupid shit (the web feed we were watching cut out in the first room so we moved to the room with the working internet) the boy thought i ment about watching the oath/address and he agreed with me! He went on to say how he thought it was bull shit that we had to watch this "boring shit" in class and that we should be "learning something" instead.

My jaw almost hit the floor. This little dipshits entire family lineage was spent either fighting slavery or being oppressed in every way imaginable (living in the detroit area is no picnic, i dont care who you are) and he was not even a tiny bit affected by the amazing thing that happened on the screen.

I guess i deserve what happened next because i though i could draw him out a bit by asking him what is he going to tell his children when they ask him about today. his reply was that he will tell them its "boring shit" and he wouldn't bring it up to them. Little moments like these remind me why i really hate people.

Then there was the girl on the other side of me. The whole address and oath she sat on her laptop looking for used school books and myspace. Are blacks in this country seriously indifferent? Am i wrong to assume that their parents are worthless for bringing them up to not give a fuck about black progress? What a shame these ingrates are to their dark skin. Its no wonder things have stayed bad for the slave descendants of this country for so long. One more wrong move out of W and this punk would have been listing to Obama's voice from a tent in a middle eastern dessert. I wonder how boring this moment would have been then...


discuss.



So it's alright for you not to want to watch during class. But if the black kid doesn't either he's wrong?

You sound like the one needing a refresher.


--------------------
"As we increasingly master our perceptions, beliefs, and thought/feeling patterns, we magnetically attract that which we most desire."
-Luanne Oakes

Edited by Lozo (01/21/09 05:02 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Upset about black youth during the inauguration. [Re: rodfarva]
    #9653787 -

Exactly how is Obama a black president? He is of mixed race, he is as much white as he is black.

Since this thread is racial, I see a bunch of white people saying "black president" here. He's as much of our race as he is of theirs, yet most whites here seem to consider him not of their race.

I wonder if you polled 100 white Americans and 100 black Americans, which group would be most welcoming Obama as being one of their own race.



Not that race matters. That was a damn fine speech Obama gave, like so many presidents before him he'll probably end up betraying his inauguration speech on every count in the four years to come.

Still rather him than McCain, not because he's half black, or half white, but because he's a Democrat.


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

Onehomemission.org
truly make a difference

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Upset about black youth during the inauguration. [Re: Asante]
    #9654088 -

In america since whites have been the historical majority, being black means you have a partial, visible african heritage. 

In countries where blacks are the majority (so Im told), the opposite is true and having a partial, visible european heritage makes you white.

Thats all there is too it.  Its not an effect of any inherent racism to call obama black, as he is blacker than the majority.  Elsewhere he may be whiter than the majority.  Similarly, here in america I am considered tall but in amsterdamm I would be considered average.  Descriptions of peoples physical characteristics are usually made relative to the population they are in.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Upset about black youth during the inauguration. [Re: Asante]
    #9656875 -

if your even a little tiny bit black you are black.

Other guy: i wanted to watch, i would have stayed home if it wouldnt be on in class. Re-read what i wrote carefully it was confusing how i typed it. I made a comment about the net feed not working and he thought i ment i didnt want to watch.


Anyways, im not advocating Obama, i just think it was a historically significant event. I really enjoyed the feeling of hope i had hearing him and i hope he does me justice. If your black and dont give a fuck dont complain near me when you get pulled over in the suburbs or detained because you "fit a description."


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Upset about black youth during the inauguration. [Re: rodfarva]
    #9656920 -

rodfarva said:
Quote:
if anything...i think its worse for the people that get teary eyed and panties wet because of it.  such as u.  thats what they want!  im sorry, but ur post realy disturbed me.



we may not agree, but you are using your brain at least. I appreciate the opinion you have, even tho it's not shared. I will say this in my own defense, no one ever would get away with calling me a sheep to my face. i wont elaborate on that, but i will suggest you spend a year in detroit if your curious. 

Anyways obama will improve my life, and truth be told im a conservative. I just want to see a silver lining in 2009 and there was no way i could vote mccain. Also, i doubt you have anything to teach me about civics or politics. I have an extensive formal education. I welcome debate, but you should bring your A game, because im a man of conviction. I campaigned for Dr. paul, and in the spirit of freedom, support  the winner of the election to the extent that the system should prevail and eventually my political ambitions will be realized, most of which relate to public policy and drug law. I think we have alot in common even if you dont agree that Obama is filling a role that young black men dont get to see alot: a positive role model.



there is no freedom but ecnomic freendom

in time of economic crises, all rights will be subject to the discretion of a central authority

As far as i can tell Obama's plans for the economy are worse than McCains

It hards to figure though.

Paul and the austrians are so much better


--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Upset about black youth during the inauguration. [Re: rodfarva]
    #9657438 -

rodfarva said:
So today i had class during the inauguration and the professors all decided that we would watch that instead of normal classes today. So i went down to the "african american" room and sat between a black boy and girl who were both prolly under 20 years old. I said hi or something to the boy and started a shallow conversation with him. It took him no more than 3 sentences before he said some shit that blew my mind.

I made a misleading comment to him about how its typical of my college to do some stupid shit (the web feed we were watching cut out in the first room so we moved to the room with the working internet) the boy thought i ment about watching the oath/address and he agreed with me! He went on to say how he thought it was bull shit that we had to watch this "boring shit" in class and that we should be "learning something" instead.

My jaw almost hit the floor. This little dipshits entire family lineage was spent either fighting slavery or being oppressed in every way imaginable (living in the detroit area is no picnic, i dont care who you are) and he was not even a tiny bit affected by the amazing thing that happened on the screen.

I guess i deserve what happened next because i though i could draw him out a bit by asking him what is he going to tell his children when they ask him about today. his reply was that he will tell them its "boring shit" and he wouldn't bring it up to them. Little moments like these remind me why i really hate people.

Then there was the girl on the other side of me. The whole address and oath she sat on her laptop looking for used school books and myspace. Are blacks in this country seriously indifferent? Am i wrong to assume that their parents are worthless for bringing them up to not give a fuck about black progress? What a shame these ingrates are to their dark skin. Its no wonder things have stayed bad for the slave descendants of this country for so long. One more wrong move out of W and this punk would have been listing to Obama's voice from a tent in a middle eastern dessert. I wonder how boring this moment would have been then...


discuss.



Sounds like you fear what others think.  Lose the fear and come live in the present with the rest of us!! :grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Upset about black youth during the inauguration. [Re: rodfarva]
    #9657460 -

rodfarva said:
Quote:
if anything...i think its worse for the people that get teary eyed and panties wet because of it.  such as u.  thats what they want!  im sorry, but ur post realy disturbed me.



we may not agree, but you are using your brain at least. I appreciate the opinion you have, even tho it's not shared. I will say this in my own defense, no one ever would get away with calling me a sheep to my face. i wont elaborate on that, but i will suggest you spend a year in detroit if your curious. 

Anyways obama will improve my life, and truth be told im a conservative. I just want to see a silver lining in 2009 and there was no way i could vote mccain. Also, i doubt you have anything to teach me about civics or politics. I have an extensive formal education. I welcome debate, but you should bring your A game, because im a man of conviction. I campaigned for Dr. paul, and in the spirit of freedom, support  the winner of the election to the extent that the system should prevail and eventually my political ambitions will be realized, most of which relate to public policy and drug law. I think we have alot in common even if you dont agree that Obama is filling a role that young black men dont get to see alot: a positive role model.



right on.  im not so quote unquote educated as you put it as i am just well, conscious. me.  i know this day in age, its easy to kinda look the other way when one comes out of closet so to say about such, ie not "formally educated".  i agree that he is filling a role, a positive role model.  i have said in other threads before that i hope nothing but the best for this administration.  i dont know.....ive been plenty high before and have been educated by such experiences without the need for actual schooling.  i still do my homework, read up on things and such.....but from my inherent experiences alone i feel i have some good insight on such issues whether i can quote from a book or what have you or not.  i respect your take on it, and certainly your humility.  Im just saying, i find it dangerous for people to go on promises alone.  I mean, untill one is in office, thats realy all we have to go on.  Unless they have done some good work in other postions before that they can prove their intentions with, its unfounded.  Its ok to go on it, however, we as a people should be wary of how that has fooled us in the past. 
To say that Obama WILL improve your life is the scariness im talking about.  As I have said, i hope for the best.....or at least the better?  But to be so sure before he has done much of anything is well, yea, im sure u get what im sayin.  As i do you.  Respect.


--------------------
 


Big Gulps!  Alright!  Well,  See ya later!
And if i claim to be a wise man, well, it surely means that i dont know!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Upset about black youth during the inauguration. [Re: DeadPhan]
    #9657529 -

Why the hell should he care about some whitewashed banker's lapdog?  My local newspaper ran a reader's commentary about how disgraceful it was that people were saying it was disgraceful to have school on MLK day to make of for so many snow days.  If anything it was honoring MLK to have school because the thing that prevents abusive slavery (Regardless of race or culture, black people weren't the first slaves nor are/were they the last).  That guy in your class had the right attitude.  He's interested in educating himself.  He's not interested in some ridiculous ritual over a token.


--------------------
This is a test. Just keep on going. Don't worry. We'll get it right. We've done this before.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Upset about black youth during the inauguration. [Re: Chakravanti]
    #9657585 -

There is a big world out there and as Americans we are exposed to so little of it. School children from France know more about American history than most adults i know, they can also identify the president and top officials of the US, UK, spain, Germany etc. How many Americans can tell you what the king of Spain looks like, or name two countries bordering Germany etc..

Even if you know the answers ^ its still goddamn embarrassing the level of ignorance we harbor as a society. EVERY other populous in another first world country has a better sense of civics and respect for world events, an appreciation for humanities, and life itself. You could almost say Americans are becoming soul-less.

Im sure some of you will read and say WTF cares if i dont know the king of spain, try to hear my point: EVERY one else in the world does, you just feel special because you are an American.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Upset about black youth during the inauguration. [Re: rodfarva]
    #9657895 -

I agree that the lack of education about current affairs and history is appalling but it is such a huge field that it becomes overwhelming.  What is the minimum level of knowledge required to be 'educated'?

How much do we care before we become exhausted?  Certainly not caring isn't the answer but what do you expect when the most discussed topic concerning public education is whether or not to teach creationism?

And the budget for public education 1/8th of what we spend on the military?

What it boils down to is comfort level.  Comfortable people don't question what gives them their luxuries.  People can even be convinced they are comfortable while being abused.  Some people go out of their way to convince themselves they are comfortable.

Look...it's the boogeyman...


--------------------
This is a test. Just keep on going. Don't worry. We'll get it right. We've done this before.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Upset about black youth during the inauguration. [Re: rodfarva]
    #9658039 -

I'm with your stereotype of "the black youth" when I say I don't give a shit.

Obama's not making progress for the black community.  He's not making progress for the country.  He's just jumping into the endless bullshit president cycle to keep the masses occupied.  You really think having someone in office with slightly different skin is more important then living your individual life?

If people would just continue to live their individual lives, and quit trying to change their race, world, and religion for the better, we'd all be a hell of a lot better off.



You keep sucking the newsteet, and think you're being educated.  I'll continue to live my life disregarding society and be a lot happier thank you :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Upset about black youth during the inauguration. [Re: vandago]
    #9658109 -

Hes half white as well you know; so I think that automatically takes any race issues out of the question for good. What I find so interesting is your hostile attitude towards the guy for wanting to be educated rather than shown a ceremony and speech.

I think that if you buy into hype and then get upset when others around you keep calmer heads and wait for actions and results; you have no right to complain if things don't turn out the way you expected.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* What's white, black, and orange? Not Responding 327 5 03/02/18 08:38 AM
by Asante
* New pope was in Hitler's Youth Adamist 2,022 17 04/19/08 06:26 PM
by Syle
* Youth: Naturally trip-el-istik! AbstractHarmonix 1,201 15 07/04/05 07:06 AM
by HELLA_TIGHT
* Inauguration 2009 memes 941 18 01/18/09 05:06 PM
by Ferris
* Bush Inauguration: $40M/Tsunami Aid: $15M OneMoreRobot3021 950 12 12/30/04 01:41 PM
by California
* Obama is related to Cheney lol... MistaUNGA 877 7 11/02/07 03:09 AM
by jewunit
* Barack Obama
( 1 2 all )
MistaUNGA 3,744 23 05/21/07 03:03 PM
by JunkFood
* Why do some white girls like to have sex with only black guys?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
RandalFlagg 51,950 149 06/08/08 01:32 PM
by moosehead

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
5,360 topic views. 7 members, 16 guests and 125 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.