Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 |  [ show all ]
how many guitarists we got here?
    #9602239 -

title says it all. what type of guitar and music do you play?+

i myself play a fender strat and a takamine acoustic. i play mostly rock and jazz, but i do dabble in metal and country


--------------------
When I find myself in times of trouble, mother Mary comes to me,
speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
And in my hour of darkness she is standing right in front of me,
speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be.
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be.
And when the broken hearted people living in the world agree,
there will be an answer, let it be.
For though they may be parted there is still a chance that they will see, there will be an answer. let it be.
Let it be, let it be, .....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how many guitarists we got here? [Re: proud_republican]
    #9602391 -

Learning classical style, on a fender classical.


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how many guitarists we got here? [Re: proud_republican]
    #9602450 -

I have a Takamine G Series acoustic, and a Hamer electric that I never play anymore.  I want to get an Ovation.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how many guitarists we got here? [Re: Psy Baba]
    #9602452 -

I have an Ovation acoustic and an old Epiphone flying V. I play mostly rock, some metal and some light stuff like Ben Harper, Jack Johnson etc.


--------------------
"It is tiresome and even humbling for the observer to be thus fettered, to be obliged to carry with him everywhere the centre of the landscape he is crossing.  But what happens when chance directs is footsteps to a point of vantage (a crossroads, or intersecting valleys) from which, not only his vision, but things themselves radiate?  In that event the subjective viewpoint coincides with the way things are distrubted objectively, and perception reaches its apogee.  The landscape lights up and reveals its secrets.  He Sees." 
Teilhard de Chardin "The Phenomenon of Man"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how many guitarists we got here? [Re: Trivium]
    #9604627 -

Guitar is my second instrument... I play a B.C. Rich Bich with Seymour Dunkin Mayhem pickups for black/death metal- and my Seagull acoustic for writing/just jamming out.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how many guitarists we got here? [Re: Subconscious]
    #9605083 -

I plays grandpas geetars. I got a cordoba (classical guitar) for christmas and Its great


--------------------
pt:    n  u  m  b  e  r  s  c  a  n  a  l  s  o  b  e  u
CT(a): BH AT CW CE KI LI LT KE AE BH AE KW LT AW CE KI AT
pt:    s  e  d  a  s  c  o  o  r  d  i  n  a  t  e  s
CT(a): LT KI KT AE LT KE AW AW LI KT BI BH AE LE KI LT
:docbrown:    :realawe:                :realpacman:

Outer Space Radio Network

Gcv Ujkv

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how many guitarists we got here? [Re: Talking Head]
    #9605872 -

19 e-guitars, 3 fullstacks, 2 combos, about 20 effect pedals

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how many guitarists we got here? [Re: divergent]
    #9611693 -

i play on an ovation celebrity acoustic, and an epiphone les paul. crybaby wah pedal.

i jam to chili peppers, hendrix, john frusciante, pink floyd. i like to play funk, rock, metal, jazz, and reggae.

right now im learing music theory

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how many guitarists we got here? [Re: proud_republican]
    #9612031 -

I started off with guitar in late grade 11 and grade 12.  We had a srings class that was classical.  I then went to a takamine cedar guitar for a brief period of time, but my main amount of learning came on a costco yamaha and amp special...some cheapy.  I then upgraded to a gibson epiphone.  In the last year and half I have migrated to an acoustic.  I plan on selling my amps and electric guitar now I think.


I currently play an ibanez exotic wood series(cocobolo) electric acoustic.

I don't really know what my style is.  Check out my newest recording if you'd like.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/9568515#Post9568515

I made lyrics to the song, but won't sing it to anyone

"East Coast Glow

VERSE 1
An...Eastern Breeze...in my space,
How long it's been to see,
Such a face...
I don't know if I am dreaming.

Chorus
A soft and eastern glow,
Aids the west and when it shows,
It calms the most dangerous storms,
And it finds a way to bring you to shore.
A soft and eastern glow,
Warm like the sun, when it's cold.

East Coast Glow...
ooooh how she makes me feel.

verse 2
Two...World's apart, But the same,
Why west has not been east,
what a shame,
The worst part is you're leaving me.

-----> insert chorus

-----> instrumental acoustic solo

Verse 3
Oooh that way she looks in the firelight,
Makes me feel so warm inside.
Oooh that way she looks in my eyes,
I can't have enough of it.

Outro
And the way she glows...
How it makes me whole..."

Edited by Spooge (01/15/09 09:16 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how many guitarists we got here? [Re: Spooge]
    #9612319 -

Guitar is one instrument I play.
I have a standard Fender fat strat, and two bass guitars; an Ibanez 5er and a customized rewired SX 4.(Nothing special at all, but it's not in the guitar, its the hands!) And a cheap Takamine acoustic that sounds/plays pretty good for $99. Someday a song will end up on the shroomery..


--------------------
the greatest use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how many guitarists we got here? [Re: tempingasashaman]
    #9612808 -

:tripping:  ! MUSIC !  :tripping:


--------------------
in all of Infinite
there is but One
and it is nOne
ever and always
in every and all ways

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how many guitarists we got here? [Re: MokshaIs]
    #9613355 -

I play whatever sounds good, and whatever instrument is around at the time. An old guy playing his heart out on his front porch with a 50 year old piece of shit guitar can sound better than any poser with a $2,000 shiner, and an A through Z list of proper genres.

Play what feels good.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how many guitarists we got here? [Re: Arden]
    #9613956 -

i play a beat up old seagull acoustic. i don't know how much time my baby has left but i love her. im away from home right now but when i get back my buddy has a shit ton of mornnig glory seeds and a new vaporizer so we're gonna combine and elaborate on some of our individual written material, trip out and write. he plays banjo and i'm super stoked. i've always described myself as a campfire musician, our combined music will probably be psychedelic folk bluegrass alt-country.


--------------------
"for even as love crowns you so shall he crucify you" - kahlil gibran
"all this will end and begin again" - ween

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how many guitarists we got here? [Re: dancewithshiva]
    #9614451 -

nice, i see a few of you guys have takamine's, i really like the sound of some of those. i think my next electric is gonna be a 60's neck gibson les paul, or the cheaper(and still nice) all mahogany les paul :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how many guitarists we got here? [Re: cheezeits]
    #9615349 -

The Doors are my favorite, but I also play all kinds of classic rock tunes from artists such as Bob Dylan, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, and all kinds of other random bands.

I play some 90's music also from bands like Alice in Chains, Stone Temple Pilots, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and so many more other things. Right now I can't seem to remember it all for some reason.....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how many guitarists we got here? [Re: proud_republican]
    #9615580 -

I have a MIM strat and an Agile Les Paul knockoff. Set them both up myself and did fret levels/polishing on them and they both play awesome. Mainly play blues but play a lot of different rock too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how many guitarists we got here? [Re: darklcd]
    #9617758 -



I love my epiphone with gibson burstbuckers.

I actually just made a thread with a song I made and it has some guitar. It's a mellow song Here's the thread if you care to check it out :thumbup:

Edited by justinsanity (01/15/09 09:41 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how many guitarists we got here? [Re: proud_republican]
    #9617814 -

I've been playing since I was 10, for 13 years.

I started off with a early 70's  hand me down Silvertone acoustic, which is  lost somewhere between boston and st.louis. :frown: Then I played a borrowed Squire Strat for my teenage years, my step-dad still uses it as a part of his studio set-up.

Today I've got an Epiphone Les Paul with a 650R neck humbucker (nice and warm), and a gibson classic '57 in the bridge. I've also got a Epiphone Es-335 Dot Deluxe, in factory trim. And my custom yamaha Pacifica, built from spare fender strat parts. :yesnod: I've got a pawnshop electric high-action, and a home made cigar box guitar too. I also play a bit of piano, and bass.

I've only got a used pawnshop peavey amp, and a kenwood stereo/monitor setup. A wah, distort, over drive pedals. :shrug:

I mostly play blues, rock, and jazz, but I'll play anything if it sounds cool.


--------------------
WAFFLEZZ!!!11!!!1!!!1!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how many guitarists we got here? [Re: proud_republican]
    #9618093 -

I play an Ibanez AS-83


and occasionally I take out my 1976 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe


I play a ton of Grateful Dead and some Phish. I also play funk, reggae and some bluegrass/folk/americana type stuff like NRPS.  Currently I'm playing in a hip hop/neo-soul band.  Kind of like "The Roots".  Hip hop with a funky groovy jazz band.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how many guitarists we got here? [Re: proud_republican]
    #9620907 -

fender strat, bluesy rock mainly, but i love really out there stuff & making trippy sounds with unorthodox techniques

although i work at a music studio & hear alot of guitar players
after this i cant say im a true 'guitarist'


:peace:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Classical Guitar: The Koyunbaba Suite, in Four Movements. FugueRider 518 2 07/20/14 04:19 PM
by FugueRider
* Where most of the truly talented guitarists go (a theory)
( 1 2 3 all )
ToTheSummit 7,619 47 06/20/05 06:58 PM
by HeavenlyBlue
* break a string zappa 1,097 10 05/12/06 02:47 PM
by outerwave
* Guitarists,post a cool chord or two
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
LobsterSauceDiscord 5,927 82 09/18/15 06:14 PM
by mwhtmn
* Sleuthin' out a BASS GUITAR ( have any strings to sell? ) geokillsA 3,697 13 05/03/06 06:13 PM
by geokills
* Favorite Guitarist?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
tomk 14,895 115 05/20/10 07:53 PM
by Penguarky Tunguin
* Any guitarists?
( 1 2 all )
Jeebies 3,131 27 10/17/11 01:02 PM
by airclay
* Bass Guitarists floatingupstream 2,245 18 02/18/11 12:03 PM
by floatingupstream

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
11,841 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 2 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.