Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJair
Smeghead
Male User Gallery

Loc: East Coast
Firecracker Experience!
    #9104547 - 10/20/08 02:45 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

As of late, I have seen many posts praising the use of cannabis through oral ingestion.  Particularly with 'firecrackers.'  Now that I have a couple of really nice sources for herb combined with the fact that firecrackers don't require much of it, I decided to give this a go.  I read up on a few recipes and experiences with firecrackers; but still, I wasn't quite sure if this was going to really work or what it was going to be like.  Boy was I in for a crazy night.

RECIPE PART
I started out the afternoon by taking a trip to Wal-mart and picking up some required ingredients: Smuckers organic peanut butter, regular graham crackers, tin foil, and some chocolate chips.  Once home, I began a tedious exercise of grinding up about 2-2.5 grams of some good headies with my hands.  I then slopped the nasty, oily, organic peanut butter on 12 crackers (for a total of 6 firecrackers) and proceded to put the marijuana powder (almost powder but not really that fine) with some chocolate chips in between two crackers.  Considering how watery this peanut butter was it was actually making quite a mess and I was afraid I was going to mess the whole thing up, but I didn't.  After wrapping the cracker sandwiches tightly in tin foil and setting them on a cookie sheet (for a total of 6 tin foil squares) I placed them in a preheated oven at 325 degrees F for a total of 22 minutes.  After the time was up I placed them in the freezer for 30 minutes to cool.  The result is a biscuity, hardened square.  I've heard them described before as "oreo-like."

EXPERIENCE PART
A friend and I both ate one.  My friend said it was somewhat nasty and hard to down but he is kind of a picky eater anyway.  I, on the other hand, thought that the taste was very bearable and almost (but not quite) enjoyable.  We were relaxing at another friend's house and we each took a few crazy hits out of a huge hookah.  We sat around a while listening to some music and enjoying the company of everyone else who was there.

Eventually after about an hour to an hour and a half I started feeling the effects.  I stood up to go to the bathroom and I almost lost my balance.  Everything seemed hazey and clouded; my body was heavy yet felt extremely great.  I came back and just plopped down on a very fluffy chair.  My body felt as if it was one with the chair, almost like I was melting into it.  The high was very hashishish (lol crazy word).  The best word I can use to describe the whole thing is 'zonked.'  I was absolutely zonked out.  I didn't want to move too much; I don't think I have ever been that stoned in my life.  I was at peace with everything, I had no paranoia even though I was incredibly stoned.  I was almost callous and emotionless in a way.  It was very peaceful yet came with a huge load to handle at the same time.  I use the word "load" very loosely because not once throughout the night did I regret eating the firecracker or wish it was anything less.

It came in levels too.  For instance I could tell that I just kept getting higher and higher.  After about 4 or 5 hours I was experiencing subtle visuals, such as things shrinking or growing ever so slightly or strange flashes of light.  Everyone that was at my friends house decided to smoke a blunt and hotbox the bathroom.  Needless to say it was very crowded in his tiny bathroom with 6 people and it was hard to maintain balance.  After smoking I felt like I was floating.  I began having very soothing thoughts and ideas flow in and out of my head yet my body kept getting heavier and heavier.  Smoking in combination with eating seems to really be a great combination and increase the effects.  Eventually it got to a point that I couldn't even stay awake any longer and I passed out at about 6 hours in.  I woke up pretty early the next morning to use the restroom and I was still really high, I had to go back to bed, there was no way I could get up and stay up at this point.  Five hours later I woke up for good.  The high was basically gone but I felt refreshed and cleansed, not unlike the day after an LSD trip.

OTHER THOUGHTS
Most people do this recipe with mid grade weed and tend to put anywhere from .5-1 grams worth of herb into each cracker.  I used headies and placed .3-.4 give or take some into each cracker and it was more than enough.  I know some people advise against using headies for firecrackers but after this experience I think it is well worth it.  I highly recommend people trying this experiment, even if you are a skeptic like I once was.  Be careful though, these things are not to be under-estimated.

:vaped::vaped::vaped::vaped::vaped::vaped::vaped::vaped:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDudeyourgone
Gone...
Male User Gallery
Loc: California
Re: Firecracker Experience! [Re: Jair]
    #9104817 - 10/20/08 03:53 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

yeah my friends think their bs...but i've only tried them once and woke up stoned as fuck the next day (cuz i fell asleep b4 they kicked in and i thought they werent going to work so i was pissed

OfflineDoYouMind
Explorer
Male

Re: Firecracker Experience! [Re: Dudeyourgone]
    #9104987 - 10/20/08 04:27 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah firecrackers can be great.  Just like you said you can tell..."man, i'm gettin higher every minute....and it's been three hours."  It's definitely a different experience than smoking it.  Not drastically different, but you can really feel the power of cannabis.  Especially the body high.  If you make them correctly all you need is .5 to be feeling great for a long time.

--------------------
We don't need no thought control

OfflineJair
Smeghead
Male User Gallery

Re: Firecracker Experience! [Re: DoYouMind]
    #9105027 - 10/20/08 04:33 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

DoYouMind said:
If you make them correctly all you need is .5 to be feeling great for a long time.

Yeah I think the very oily Organic PB really helped.

This was just a truely amazing experience.  It wasn't something that just anyone should head right into.  You should definitely plan this one out and make sure you don't have anyhting to do throughout the day, almost like planning for a trip.  In very many ways I would almost consider it a trip.  All in all it was a great experience and I will do it again sometime.

--------------------

OfflineGlassjaw
Bettysmith

#9105105 - 10/20/08 04:44 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Firecrackers mess your fucking day up.  The only time I've made them was when using hash, and that was quite the experience.

--------------------

OfflineJair
Smeghead
Male User Gallery

Re: Firecracker Experience! [Re: Glassjaw]
    #9106031 - 10/20/08 07:46 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Glassjaw said:
Firecrackers mess your fucking day up.  The only time I've made them was when using hash, and that was quite the experience.

Oh man I bet it was, I need to try that sometime.

--------------------

OfflineWyattsTorch
Night Viking

#9106103 - 10/20/08 07:56 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

hehe. cool story. I've wanted to try this for a while but many of my friends are rather skeptical.

--------------------

OfflineSirSmokesAlot
Business First
 User Gallery

Loc: Kentucky
Re: Firecracker Experience! [Re: WyattsTorch]
    #9106473 - 10/20/08 08:50 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Wow i usually put up to a 1/4 of some midgrade on the crackers. O.O Not on each cracker obviously, in total. Put about 1 gram on each cracker.

--------------------
Skellyton
The Comprehensive Truth
Ignore all things posted above. Any thing I said, or said that I did is a complete and total lie.

OfflineGlassjaw
Bettysmith

#9106485 - 10/20/08 08:53 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Jair said:
Quote:

Glassjaw said:

Oh man I bet it was, I need to try that sometime.

I only have a handful of memories of my entire day after feeling the affects of them (Them being one cracker, which had .25g of hash in it, and a handful being about 3.)  I came home and slept all night I was so burnt.

--------------------

OfflineJair
Smeghead
Male User Gallery

Re: Firecracker Experience! [Re: Glassjaw]
    #9107372 - 10/20/08 11:27 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Fun times my friend, fun times indeed.

--------------------

Offlinelibertyshroom
Turn up the silence

Loc: Inside of Emptyness
    #9506102 - 12/28/08 06:45 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Use Nutella instead of peanut butter. Instead of tasting like ass it tastes like bud and chocolate and it works the same if not better!

--------------------

"Trip to heave and ho, up down, to and fro"

We have been to the moon, we have charted the depths of the ocean and the heart of the atom, but we have a fear of looking inward to ourselves because we sense that is where all the contradictions flow together.
    -Terrence McKenna           

OfflineRasJeph
RC Hoarder
Male

#9506132 - 12/28/08 06:59 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote from my last firecracker experience:

"Wait, you just beat Mario!? (Galaxy) I'm having trouble not biting my fingers off while I eat these Cheetos and you just beat Mario!? HOLY SHIT!"

My girlfriend is insanely good at video games when we are super baked haha.

OfflineBenRichards
Stranger
Male
Loc: chi-city
    #9507100 - 12/28/08 12:28 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

when making edibles with good bud, i would rather deal with brownies.

i use cooking oil to extract the thc, and i feel this is most efficient and effective way

it also allows me to strain out the spent garbage weed material at the end

no bad taste, but all the good aspects of edible high

InvisibleGrizvok
I Yam what I Yam
Male User Gallery

Re: Firecracker Experience! [Re: BenRichards]
    #9507120 - 12/28/08 12:32 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

You did STIR the peanut butter extremely well didn't do? Organic peanut butter often separates from its solid and liquid parts and must be mixed back together before use.

OfflineAopocetx
Writer
Male

Re: Firecracker Experience! [Re: Grizvok]
    #9507131 - 12/28/08 12:36 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

So how much regs would I need to use? I got a decent tolerance.

--------------------

---------> Acacia confusa trip report <--------

############ DPT HCL trip report with Q&A ###########

Follow my psychedelic instagram @psychedelicpage

Offlineusefulidiot13
Dark Passenger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Death From Above
    #9507222 - 12/28/08 01:04 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

ive tried them numerous times and they have never worked as well as the brownies i have had.

firecrackers usually just make me hungry and sleeepy.  its upsetting.

should i try again today?

id think 325 degrees for that long would be dangerous for the bud.  i would wanna go with 250 degrees for like 35min..that good?

i have some very decent weed...no scale tho...should i pack a bowl and then just use that amount?..my bowl holds at least .3  id like to eat like .75 to a gram tho.

--------------------
What Would Dexter Do?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck