Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLOPHO.MP
looker

Loc: Santa Cruz CA.
Sida acuta?
    #945022 - 10/09/02 08:14 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I was just browsing through the revised edition of "Plants of the Gods" by Hofmann etc. and I noticed a plant that I have seen growing wild. I am currently living with my dad in a rural area on the north west coast of Costa Rica. He runs a sustainable agriculture center so we have a lot of land.

Anyways, I have identified this plant growing abundantly, as Sida acuta. Hofmann and friends said it is smoked in Mexico with marijuana-like effects.

Just wanted to see if anyone has cultivated or smoked this plant, or has any other knowledge of it.
It is in the Mallow family(Malvaceae). It has lanceolate to obovoid leaves measuring 1 in.(2.5cm) wide and 4 in. long.
The stems are a kind of purple color. It also has yellow or white small flowers borne close to the main stalk. It is also called "common wireweed."

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

--------------------
---Still Searching---

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRemiMartin
Loc: UK
Re: Sida acuta? [Re: LOPHO.MP]
    #945072 - 10/09/02 08:35 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I found this on it:

"Traditional uses
The leaves of Sida rhombifolia and Sida acuta are smoked in many countries for their stimulating and euphoric effect (especially in Mexico, where S. rhombifolia is regarded as the stronger species). In India a tea is prepared from the fresh or dried leaves which is very refreshing and also stimulating. A tea made from fresh leaves and then chilled is a perfect beverage for hot and humid days. Australian Aboriginees use this herb to treat diarrhoe.

Pharmacology
Sida rhombifolia contains the following alkaloids in all parts: choline, pseudoephedrine, beta-Phenethylamine, vascin and others. The stalk also contains hipaphorine and related indole alkaloids. The stimulating action of this Sida species and several others is due to the pseudoephedrine and/or ephedrine content. The only definite quantitative test I could find on alkaloid content was for the root which was 0.1%. A tea brewed from about 10-20 grams of root material has a distinct stimulating effect."

But I don't know much more, I'd like to know what effects you get if you do try some.

Invisiblesuperpimp
The boss of thefamily

Loc: Philadelphia/NYC
Re: Sida acuta? [Re: LOPHO.MP]
    #945379 - 10/09/02 10:35 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

What is the plant's common name?

OfflineRemiMartin
Loc: UK
Re: Sida acuta? [Re: superpimp]
    #945411 - 10/09/02 10:43 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Sida acuta:
English: broomweed, southern sida, spiny-head sida, spiny sida; French: herbe ? balais, herbe ? paniers; Spanish: escoba blanca, escobilla: Other: deni vuaka (Fiji); mautofu (Samoa); motofu (Tonga)

Sida rhombifolia:
English: arrow-leaf sida, Cuban jute, paddy's lucerne, Queensland-hemp, teaweed; French: faux th?, herbe ? balais; Spanish: escoba; Other: motofu (Niue); mautofu (Samoa); mamafu'ai (Solomon Islands); te'ehosi (Tonga)

OfflineLOPHO.MP
looker

Loc: Santa Cruz CA.
Re: Sida acuta? Results! [Re: LOPHO.MP]
    #945733 - 10/09/02 12:56 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Sida acuta is a plant I first saw in "Plants of the Gods" by Hofmann and co. It was not one of the major enheogens in the book. However, it was included in a section with descriptions and pictures of other psychoactive plants.
Right now I am living with my dad in Costa Rica. Plants of the Gods was one of the books I brought down here.
One day flipping through the pictures I saw a plant that looked familiar. Looking out my window I saw the plant growing everywhere; a weed! I quickly identified it as S. acuta. Hofmann says that it is used as a marijuana substitute on the gulf coast of Mexico. I dried one whole plant like four days ago. Today after posting the previous I would try the herb smoken:

First I broke off the majority of the leaves. They were allready crispy dry. I crumbled several leaves together into balls
I took out my bamboobong and packed the first little ball. It completely filled the bowl(my bowl is about an inch in diameter.) I smoked this bowl...the smoke was very harsh.
I smoked three more bowls like this. By the time I finished the second bowl I thought I was feeling something. By the
third I was pretty sure, and after the fourth I was stoned. The initial headrush was lighter than the begining of a cannabis high. I walked around a little. I felt prety similar to weed. I didn't have the "heaviness" i usually feel with cannabis.
I sat down and was reading "Plants of the Gods". I was really enjoying the Marijuana chapter and decided to smoke a bowl.
I packed a bowl with some of the low grade C.sativa that I have down here. I then packed some of the dryed leaves of the Sida acuta on top of the bud. I lit this up and ripped it through. I coughed a bunch and then packed another! HE! HE! I ripped this second one through and put my bong down. I coughed a bunch more and then leaned back in my chair. I realized that I was more stoned than I ever had been with Cannabis. As much as I love her, Cannabis has never helped me acheive a state like this before. However, before I smoked the bud the Sida had not done much either. Therefore I propose a synergistic effect between the active principles of each plant and my brain.
The trip if I should call it that was hard to explain. It was nothing like shrooms, but it was nothing like just weed. I personally liked it very much.
Realizing that I was experiencing a novel psychoactive state I remembered that I still had Hofmann"s "Plants of the Gods" in my lap. HE! HE! Perfect! I looked down into the Ayahuasca chapter. I tripped out hard on some of those pictures. For a while I even felt like I was in one!

Anyways, these plants in combination had a very real and distinct psychoactive effect on me. I do not know if these effects are repeatable. I WILL continue to experiment with this plant alone and in combination with other entheogens.
I DO recomend others to experiment with this plant. It is not something very strong, so not too much caution is needed.

Here Sida grows like a weed it is everywhere. I'm sure it could grow in much of california and the Southern states as well. I have not seen this plant nywhere else but, seeing how vigorous it grows it probably already grows somewhere in the US. I'm also sure it would be easy to cultivate, not to mention the plant is fairly appealing with it's small flowers.

Does anyone grow this plant already?

--------------------
---Still Searching---

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale