Home | Community | Message Board

HighDesertSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineJAVA
The Red Devil
Male User Gallery

Loc: Belgium Flag
Sida rhombifolia (Herbal XTC)
    #20458689 - 08/22/14 12:58 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

This is how it looks like on 22 aug:

I get flowering buds but they dry out for a unknown reason.:confused: The weather outside is between 12°C and 17°C with grey, rainy weather outside.

I decided to get this one back inside because this extreme wet and cold weather. I really have no experience how to grow Sida rhombifolia ssp. retusa. Any advice on how to get flowers ?

Normally, they have very unique yellow flowers according to my Indonesian friends. The roots contain phenylpropanolamine, a Ayurvedic stimulant which acts similar as pseudoephedrine.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Invisible1234go
 User Gallery

Re: Sida rhombifolia (Herbal XTC) [Re: JAVA]
    #20458710 - 08/22/14 01:03 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Never heard of this, interestiiing. :strokebeard:

--------------------
Robert Redford is the DEVIL

OfflineJAVA
The Red Devil
Male User Gallery

Re: Sida rhombifolia (Herbal XTC) [Re: 1234go]
    #20459132 - 08/22/14 02:33 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Here is a link with more information and a nice picture of how the flowers have to look like: Wiki

It's called Bala in Ayurveda and it really works. There are only 3 species that contain PPA (PhenylPropanolAmine):
Sida acuta
Sida cordifolia
Sida rhombifolia

10 years ago it was really a trend to take these caps for afterparty's, especially in The Nederlands.

Also interesting is the fact that their leaves close at night, a bit like Mimosa. I definitely gonna take some cuttings for next year.

All practical information is very welcome about Sida rhombifolia.

--------------------

OfflineSoheiltb
Stranger
    #20464734 - 08/23/14 04:01 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Very interesting !first time hearing tge name

Invisiblekarode13MFacebook
Tāne Mahuta
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LV-426
    #20467242 - 08/24/14 12:51 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

It might be the cold disrupting flowering. It's a tropical/sub tropical plant so it might do better in a greenhouse or inside a window rather than out in those frigid conditions.

--------------------

OfflineJAVA
The Red Devil
Male User Gallery

Re: Sida rhombifolia (Herbal XTC) [Re: karode13]
    #20496681 - 08/30/14 10:19 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

karode13 said:
It might be the cold disrupting flowering. It's a tropical/sub tropical plant so it might do better in a greenhouse or inside a window rather than out in those frigid conditions.

Thank you for the suggestion, so I did replace it inside and it's warmer, yes. However, it didn't work...

Why ?
Because increasing the temperature would increase vegetative growth and decrease the amount of energy for generative growth (flowering). New shoots sprout out.

The problem is a lack of sunlight.
Now I keep it inside so that the soil is dry enough to stop with growing and start with flowering as a sign for the plant to survive.

Propagation by cuttings isn't easy because the leaves are hanging rapidly, I decide to give this method a try to overcome that problem:

I hope to post the results and if not, then it did simply fail.

--------------------

OfflineJAVA
The Red Devil
Male User Gallery

#20936437 - 12/06/14 08:25 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

The first picture was from aug 2014. Now 4 months further we have winter in Belgium (sun up: 8:00 AM, under: 4:30 PM) and freezing temperatures outside.

I have only good news:

1) propagation is possible with cuttings in lukewarm water and a tiny little bit of NAA that was added to it. After 3 weeks the first roots are visible.

2) By keeping the soil dry and place it inside: I did mention that the buds did go open, they are only fully open when the sun shines on the yellow flowers.

3) Then after the flowering time, fruits (bud shaped) did appear and they contain 4 black seeds each.

Today (06 dec 2014) I gonna check these seeds to see what happens, if the first seeds germinate I will post it that day with a photo.

btw: I wasn't able to post the nice special yellow flowers because I was simply too occupied, hope it get better but I doubt...

--------------------

Invisiblekarode13MFacebook
Tāne Mahuta
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LV-426
    #20945924 - 12/08/14 07:00 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Good job and thanks for reporting back.:thumbup:

Just a thought about something you said a few posts back:

Quote:

JAVA said:
Because increasing the temperature would increase vegetative growth and decrease the amount of energy for generative growth (flowering). New shoots sprout out.

The problem is a lack of sunlight.
Now I keep it inside so that the soil is dry enough to stop with growing and start with flowering as a sign for the plant to survive.

Maybe the soil you're using is high in Nitrogen, or the fertiliser you may be using is high in N? If this is the case then maybe try watering with a fertiliser low in N and is more tailored toward flowering and fruit set. Something like this would be higher in Phosphorous(P) and Potassium(K).

You're probably correct about lack of sunlight being the case. I just thought of another possible reason why and thought I'd add it.

--------------------

OfflineJAVA
The Red Devil
Male User Gallery

Re: Sida rhombifolia (Herbal XTC) [Re: karode13]
    #20960907 - 12/11/14 09:21 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Thank you for sharing our interests, yesterday was the first seedling that sprout out. Everything seems nice and it was pretty quick:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder