Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale, Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: Serial Killers?? [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #9324584 -

PhanTomCat said:
fantasylndvictm said:
This is what they were talking about when they did a study on a psychopaths brain. They said because of the smaller medulla that they couldnt actually put theirselves in someone elses "shoes" and feel what they feel, and that thats the reason why they can commit such hainous acts and feel no remorse for them.



Yes, it is a lack of empathy....
It has been some time since I read about this, but from what I remember, if the empathy emotions are not picked up at an early age of development in childhood, they never will be....
It goes down to the core programming/development, the "nature" of a person....


>^;;^<



probably true but funny thing even with a complete lack of empathy with a lot of them there will always be those people which they will never dream of killing.


--------------------



"I am the Highest Power the leader of the pack"

Actiavte My Dream Sequence Machine

GOD of the hologram earth

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Serial Killers?? [Re: fantasylndvictm]
    #9324596 -

fantasylndvictm said:
But then there's the question of if their nature was influenced by their surroundings and if their brains were washed of the memories if the new surroundings would change their "nature"



I suppose certain aspects could be "trained" in a way to lead to change,
but how does one un-develop core programming without trying to first understand it....?
If they lack the actual capacity for those emotions, it would be like explaining colors to a blind person....
My guess is that it would be the battleground for great internal conflict that would blow up in a matter of time....


>^;;^<


--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Serial Killers?? [Re: UnholyChild666]
    #9324629 -

UnholyChild666 said:
probably true but funny thing even with a complete lack of empathy with a lot of them there will always be those people which they will never dream of killing.



This is idolizing, and I am not sure how this works in the mind of a person with a lack of empathy....


>^;;^<


--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Serial Killers?? [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #9324648 -

PhanTomCat said:
UnholyChild666 said:
probably true but funny thing even with a complete lack of empathy with a lot of them there will always be those people which they will never dream of killing.



This is idolizing, and I am not sure how this works in the mind of a person with a lack of empathy....


>^;;^<



I don't think anyone does


--------------------



"I am the Highest Power the leader of the pack"

Actiavte My Dream Sequence Machine

GOD of the hologram earth

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Serial Killers?? [Re: UnholyChild666]
    #9324660 -

It seems paradoxical....!      :crazy2:


>^;;^<


--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Serial Killers?? [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #9324748 -

I think it would eventually blow up also. I think they would still have urges and such just not understand them as well as they did before if they did. They probably would still kill. Now another interesting question would be if they did end up killing again would they still have the same mo? or would it be different


--------------------
"How do we know whether the life of any creature has fulfilled its destiny? I have known the very old to die in bitterness and despair. I have seen young children die before their time but leave behind such a legacy of love and joy that grief for their passing was tempered by the knowledge that their brief lives had given much to others."
"You have answered your own question,Tanis Half-Elven, far better than I could," the Forestmaster said gravely. "Say that that our lives are measured not by gain but by giving." -Dragonlance "Dragons of Autumn Twilight"

If we lived in luxury we would grow soft.

No human being truely knows their full capacity to love until they become a parent.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Serial Killers?? [Re: fantasylndvictm]
    #9324832 -

I would guess that would depend upon how ritualistic the person was, and how ingrained those rituals became....


>^;;^<


--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Serial Killers?? [Re: UnholyChild666]
    #9325530 -



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Serial Killers?? [Re: The_Ghost]
    #9325556 -
Log in to view attachment

The_Ghost said:




Such a creepy bastard.


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Serial Killers?? [Re: blewmeanie]
    #9325777 -



probably its a combination of brain problems and not being taught (in the programmed sense) to control their feelings.  i think if you specifically knew someone was going to be a killer you could train them not to.

i think the MO would change, because thats probably dependant on how they were raised.


--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Serial Killers?? [Re: fantasylndvictm]
    #9326942 -

fantasylndvictm said:
I watched a thing about serial killers and they said that their medulla is smaller than most ppls



*sigh*

No, no, I'm afraid not.  A serial killer's brain is no different than yours or mine.  Sorry about that.  I know it's far more comforting to write off their behavior as the result of mental illness, drugs, Satan, etc.  Here in America we like to have nice, tidy answers so that we can easily disregard the more unpleasant aspects of our society (but not before engaging in a great deal of morbid voyeurism of course).  Thank goodness we've been blessed with the DSM-IV; we have a myriad of diagnoses which we can apply to any kind of behavior that can be considered threatening to the comfort and security of our lovely social structure.  What's that?  A local man has recently raped and killed a 17 year old high school cheerleader!?  Good heavens!  What a TRAGEDY!  The psychologists on the news are saying that the killer suffered from "anti-social personality disorder."  Oh, well, that explains it!  No normal person could ever dream of committing such an atrocity.  After all, most humans are naturally good.  Just take a look at history and you'll see that humans have always been peaceful, loving creatures.  There's no way that any of us could have anything in common with serial killers.  I know this is a fact because the almighty psychologists said so.

One of the things I love about serial killers is that they are a metaphorical slap in the face to what I referred to earlier as the "feel-good dime store psychologists" which currently dominate our culture (ex. Dr. Phil).  When discussing a serial killer, a hack psychologist will always say "oh well he was a sociopath."  They desperately attempt to collect every bit of information about the killer's personal history that they can get their hands on, searching for even the slightest piece of information that they can utilize to "explain" the killer's actions.  More often than not, they find that serial killers had perfectly normal childhoods.  I found it particularly hilarious when they preserved John Wayne Gacy's brain in order to search for abnormalities and, much to their dismay, they found that his brain was perfectly normal.

The reason behind all of this is that people simply do not want to accept the fact that some people commit "evil" acts just for the fuck of it.  These hack psychologists can continue to apply their stupid fucking made up labels to anything which they are unable to legitimately explain, but these do nothing to change the grim reality of the acts themselves.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Serial Killers?? [Re: it stars saddam]
    #9326976 -

That father and son sniper combo ruled.


--------------------
Tune in, Freak out, Get Beaten.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Serial Killers?? [Re: Alec_Baldwin]
    #9327041 -

In my opinion, a gun is a rather lame murder weapon.  Sniping is even worse, though I did enjoy the fact that those guys briefly scared the fuck out of the American public.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Serial Killers?? [Re: DrunkenAttempt]
    #9328262 -

DrunkenAttempt said:
who is/was your favorite Serial Killer?





Ted Bundy: the standard against which all other serial killers are measured.  In fact, the term "serial killer" was first used to describe Bundy.  He was not only a serial killer, but also a skilled burglar, psychologist, attorney, and performance artist.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Serial Killers?? [Re: it stars saddam]
    #9328293 -

I have to disagree with you on the fact that personality disorders do not exist. now I'm Not saying that every serial killer has some serious mental issues but they most definitely do exist. I have taken quite a few psychology classes and watched MANY videos of interviews of people with these disorders and they are quite real and easily apparent.:shrug:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Serial Killers?? [Re: DeathCompany]
    #9328309 -

DeathCompany said:
I have taken quite a few psychology classes



My condolences.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Serial Killers?? [Re: fantasylndvictm]
    #9328325 -

Its weird this thread was brought up the very day I had a dream of being a serial killer. I killed around 20 or so people in the dream ranging from knives to good ol fashion beatings. I broke one guys neck by pounding his head into a bumper of a car as he tried to escape. The murders were very realistic and the victims reacted in a way that one would assume. (fighting for there life, crying, screaming and trying to get away). It got to the point were I didn't want to kill people anymore but I couldn't stop. I  wouldn't say I was addicted but I just could not help myself. I decided to kill myself but wanted to take out a good number of people in a one shot and then off myself. Sadly I awoke before i was able to. What a weird way to start the day.


--------------------

Edited by DeathCompany (11/28/08 05:09 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Serial Killers?? [Re: it stars saddam]
    #9328733 -

it stars saddam said:
DrunkenAttempt said:
who is/was your favorite Serial Killer?





Ted Bundy: the standard against which all other serial killers are measured.  In fact, the term "serial killer" was first used to describe Bundy.  He was not only a serial killer, but also a skilled burglar, psychologist, attorney, and performance artist.



:thumbup:


--------------------
:jah:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Serial Killers?? [Re: it stars saddam]
    #9334631 -

it stars saddam said:
fantasylndvictm said:
I watched a thing about serial killers and they said that their medulla is smaller than most ppls



*sigh*

No, no, I'm afraid not.  A serial killer's brain is no different than yours or mine.  Sorry about that.



I just got done watching a 2hr program called "The Brain" which I am assuming the OP's idea for the thread originated....
However, I believe she incorrectly identified the medulla instead of the amygdala as being smaller....

According to the program:
There have been recent studies of those who exhibit "sociopathic tendencies" - violent and non-violent....
(The way in which they determined the "sociopathic" term was thru questions having to do with their own morals, and the way they had lived their lives....)
Dr. Kent Kiehl of the University of New Mexico has given PET brain imaging scans to over 300 inmates that exhibit "sociopathic tendencies"....
Findings have shown an average of a 17% smaller amygdala (physical size) in that of the "sociopathic" people....
It was also found that the frontal lobes of their brains did not communicate with the amygdala in the same way as with "normal" people....

It was also found that "non-violent sociopaths" also have a smaller sized amygdala, but it is shown to communicate with the frontal lobes like most other people....



Nothing to be sorry about, I am just being a parrot of what I saw....
Maybe there are new scientific studies that you are not aware of....?


>^;;^<


--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Serial Killers?? [Re: Alec_Baldwin]
    #9334792 -

Alec_Baldwin said:
That father and son sniper combo ruled.



John Muhammad and Lee Malvo. They are considered mass murders though, not technically serial killers. The qualifications for a serial killer is that the person goes back to leading a somewhat normal life in between killing. These guys went on a a rampage, killing 13 people within the time period of about a month and a half.

Serial killers usually work on and off over the course of years and years, leading a semi normal life in between.

I'm more a fan of Spree killers. People that get pushed too far over the course of a few months and just go ape shit and start shooting people until they are either killed or arrested.

Of those, Charles Whitman and Martin Bryant. Whitman was responsible for the for the University of Texas clock tower shooting and Bryant killed 35 people and wounded 21 in Port Arthur, Tasmania. He's the catalyst for the firearm crackdown in Australia.


--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale, Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Do you have the mind of a serial killer?? Treefingerz 2,267 9 04/13/09 05:58 PM
by psilyguy
* SC serial killer may be someone we all know... Popnfresh 2,507 19 07/06/09 09:33 PM
by smac1009
* Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer Irradiated_Feces 835 2 09/14/05 07:40 PM
by Nashbar
* serial killer in the making
( 1 2 all )
KingOftheThing 2,125 25 12/06/06 12:40 AM
by K1wI
* Living a secret life as a serial killer skatealex2 1,597 17 07/25/09 11:19 PM
by Anhoktohen
* Serial Killer LeftBehind 962 17 03/26/09 08:48 PM
by Cubie
* the btk killer is such a piece of shit
( 1 2 3 4 all )
KingOftheThing 4,964 78 06/30/05 10:24 PM
by TYL3R
* Psychology class and drug propaganda
( 1 2 all )
The Professional 5,405 27 03/20/14 03:18 AM
by Free.Your.Mind

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,555 topic views. 7 members, 20 guests and 179 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 18 queries.