Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
azureus vuze?
    #9253106 -

anyone use azureus vuze to download torrents? it recently started to suck really bad to where i cant even view download progress etc.

whats the best alternative? its worked for me for 2 years and now is time for me to find a new torrent downloader.. any links to a good free one?

in the meantime:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: azureus vuze? [Re: hazey]
    #9253116 -

bittorrent.com

Using Mininova.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: azureus vuze? [Re: hazey]
    #9253123 -

Works fine for me. I did allow a couple of recent updates and am running Vista.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: azureus vuze? [Re: twboss]
    #9253124 -

Azureus is a torrent downloading client. Mininova won't help him.

If you're not on Mac use uTorrent. Otherwise I don't now what to tell you. I haven't upgraded my Azureus in a whiiiiiiiiiile and it works fine.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: azureus vuze? [Re: jewunit]
    #9253129 -

bittorrent is a client as well thus my link to bittorrent.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: azureus vuze? [Re: twboss]
    #9253131 -

I never said it wasn't.
The Bittorrent client does suck though.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: azureus vuze? [Re: jewunit]
    #9253139 -

yeah my azureus updated automatically, and it wont work for me now.. ill try utorrent i guess.. ive heard negative things though. at least ill be able to see what im downloading.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: azureus vuze? [Re: hazey]
    #9253152 -

I've always heard it's better than Azureus, but it doesn't run on Mac.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: azureus vuze? [Re: jewunit]
    #9253249 -

jewunit said:
If you're not on Mac use uTorrent.



I'd like to turn that statement around.

If you're not on a Windows box use Transmission.
If you are, use uTorrent. I like it less than Transmission, but it is still a damn fine client.

PS: If someone has ported Transmission to Windows, I would be very interested in a download link.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: azureus vuze? [Re: koppie]
    #9253251 -

So yeah, if you're not on a Mac use uTorrent.
I've never heard of Transmission, I'll have to try it out.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: azureus vuze? [Re: jewunit]
    #9253273 -

Vuze is (at least has become) terribly bloated with far too much of a graphical interface, unnecessary sponsored videos etc. - I switched to uTorrent very recently, which is much simpler and uses much less memory.


--------------------
No debe haber separación, no puede haber definición.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: azureus vuze? [Re: zannennagara]
    #9253360 -

i just installed utorrent, work pretty well. seems like a very simple effective interface.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: azureus vuze? [Re: hazey]
    #9253389 -

Yeah I used azureus/vuze for years. Then it just fucked up. I use Utorrent now. It works MUCH better and uses up far less ram. I can also seed a lot better with utorrent. It's an all around win situation.

Get utorrent + peerguardian and you'll be golden!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: azureus vuze? [Re: zannennagara]
    #9253397 -

I love Azureus, I've tried them all on my Mac and it's the most trouble free.

I don't like this Vuze shit though, who uses torrents for vids with all the streaming sites now?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: azureus vuze? [Re: Gumby]
    #9253423 -

Gumby said:
Yeah I used azureus/vuze for years. Then it just fucked up. I use Utorrent now. It works MUCH better and uses up far less ram. I can also seed a lot better with utorrent. It's an all around win situation.

Get utorrent + peerguardian and you'll be golden!




whats peerguardian?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: azureus vuze? [Re: hazey]
    #9253461 -

Azureus/Vuze is java based, so it runs well on linux. As far as I know utorrent isn't linux compatible except through a windows emulator... so that means azureus is still the best client for linux on kde. But I fucking hate vuze.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: azureus vuze? [Re: lIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl]
    #9253615 -

Quote:
azureus is still the best client for linux on kde



Have you tried kTorrent (faitful uTorrent clone) or Transmission? Both have less bloat than Azureus. Before I switched to Transmission ktorrent and K3B were the only reason I had kde libs on my gnome desktop.

Edited by koppie (11/16/08 05:33 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: azureus vuze? [Re: hazey]
    #9253621 -

Works fine for me. (WinXP Home). About the only problem I have with it is it causes my DSL modem to reboot when I exit, but I've had that problem with the old Azureus.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: azureus vuze? [Re: hazey]
    #9254699 -

Peer guardian is software that blocks IP addresses belonging to the people who are looking to sue you for downloading copyrighted content. It can also block government IPs and IPs associated with ad/spyware. Anyone who torrents frequently should be running it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: azureus vuze? [Re: koppie]
    #9259299 -

There are many problems with ktorrent, at least the last version I used. If you download a lot of torrents like me it is easy to see ktorrent isn't a very good client. Broken torrents, slow download times, etc.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* VUZE Phish_Dude 355 14 07/30/09 11:12 PM
by jewunit
* To Those Who Use PeerGuardian... TubOlucinogens 456 0 09/19/05 03:34 AM
by TubOlucinogens
* Anyone use Azureus Vuze? zorbman 684 11 02/06/09 03:18 PM
by zorbman
* PeerGuardian Alternative for Lion???? justinsanity 1,007 2 08/20/12 08:38 AM
by justinsanity
* is it ok to switch gears when driving a automatic transmission Konyap 8,356 14 03/05/11 10:09 PM
by destructo_low
* will vuze media player play .m4v? WorldWideWInton 882 2 07/31/09 09:44 AM
by WorldWideWInton
* PeerGuardian satyr 1,232 16 04/19/09 08:37 PM
by pfxtc
* pack your bags and run, human to human bird flu transmission discovered! ZippoZM 1,791 12 05/23/06 08:04 PM
by THE KRAT BARON

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,076 topic views. 4 members, 13 guests and 170 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.