Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Making a bootable CD
    #9241660 -

Ok, so say I have all the contents of win XP.

How do I burn it as a bootable CD?

I have nero, and imgburn, but have no Idea how to make it bootable.

I have been reading google articles for hours and getting no where.


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Making a bootable CD [Re: Psy Baba]
    #9241690 -

ok, get magicIso

then make the contents into an Iso

then take that iso and burn to cd/dvd

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Making a bootable CD [Re: AgroCrag]
    #9241691 -

all can be done in magic iso, very simple too

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Making a bootable CD [Re: Psy Baba]
    #9241700 -

The torent you downloaded should already have an ISO, just follow these instructions to burn it. You don't need to do anything special to make it bootable, just write the image to CD:
1. Load ImgBurn.
2. Switch to 'Write' mode.
3. Insert Disc in Burner.
4. Select Image to burn. (pick your XP file)
5. Click 'Write' button.


--------------------
Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing. -Paul Gilbert

I don't know.  I never smoked AstroTurf.  -Tug McGraw, after being asked if he preferred grass or artificial turf

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Making a bootable CD [Re: Psy Baba]
    #9241721 -

In other words, just burn the iso and it should be bootable.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Making a bootable CD [Re: Moodion]
    #9241727 -

Damn, I have been trying to figure out what to do with the extracted goods! lol.

thanks guys.


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Making a bootable CD [Re: Moodion]
    #9241792 -

If this works, it is a cake process compared to teh other shit I was attempting, Thank you people of the shroomery, for making my life easier on a daily basis.

I owe you all one.


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Making a bootable CD [Re: Psy Baba]
    #9241799 -

:heart:


--------------------
Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing. -Paul Gilbert

I don't know.  I never smoked AstroTurf.  -Tug McGraw, after being asked if he preferred grass or artificial turf

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Making a bootable CD [Re: Moodion]
    #9241823 -

Moodion said:
:heart:



Awe damn, it worked.


fucking cake.

Crossing my fingers for my brand new hardware to be nominal.


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Making a bootable CD [Re: Psy Baba]
    #9241853 -

Awesome, I hope everything goes supasmooth.

I've gotten that IRQ error bullshit with bad install CDs before, so...


--------------------
Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing. -Paul Gilbert

I don't know.  I never smoked AstroTurf.  -Tug McGraw, after being asked if he preferred grass or artificial turf

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Making a bootable CD [Re: Moodion]
    #9241888 -

I will update when I get that far :laugh:, I wish it would go faster :smile:.


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Making a bootable CD [Re: Moodion]
    #9242107 -

Moodion said:
Awesome, I hope everything goes supasmooth.

I've gotten that IRQ error bullshit with bad install CDs before, so...



at this point, everything is super smooth :laugh:.  thanks for all the help. 

if I have a quad CPU  @ 2.4ghz, what is my total ghz?


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Quality of blank cd's
( 1 2 all )
LearyfanS 5,537 32 12/17/21 12:47 AM
by oursoulsinmotion
* Computer help needed. (Bootable USB OS)
( 1 2 all )
kr0nik0 1,432 24 02/07/15 01:30 PM
by kr0nik0
* making a bootable HD image for system restore... willmafingerdo 1,190 16 10/02/08 11:46 PM
by zouden
* New Timothy Leary cd coming out LearyfanS 3,067 18 05/21/03 10:48 AM
by SuperSpun
* my drugs compilation CD (double post) monoamine 2,229 7 05/20/03 11:05 PM
by rommstein2001
* CD Mixes djchilxxn 756 5 03/27/25 07:16 AM
by Shiithead
* Best CD Player under $150 Mojo_Risin 1,184 5 03/21/03 04:39 AM
by Mojo_Risin
* Traiding Dead CD's
( 1 2 all )
Ripple 2,116 20 08/05/03 09:18 AM
by ZenBhikku

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
532 topic views. 7 members, 11 guests and 180 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.