Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Advanced computer help!!! asap.
    #9238678 -

I just bought all new parts to make a sick computer.

Quad core intel processor, 4gb ram, serial drive, the works.  All I have at teh moment is a cracked XP CD I have been using for years, and has never had an issue.

I put all my parts together and doubled checked everything.  I then started it up and everything looked good. 

I booted from the XP cd, all good.  formatted the HD and then it began copying over all the XP files, still all good.

It finished copying and restarted to start installing, it got to "installing dvices" and took me to the blue screen of death giving me the message

  "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

The only thing not brand new on this computer is the power supply.

  help pleeeeaaase :laugh:, and thanks.

PS; I have googled this and found nothing has helped me.  Also, I have onboard video at this point so, it is not driver faults.


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Edited by Psy Baba (11/13/08 04:58 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Advanced computer help!!! asap. [Re: Psy Baba]
    #9238802 -

Ok-- this can be a number of things but I need some more information.  If you can generate the error, what is the error code that goes along with the BSOD message (if any)?  It will be a variant in the format of 0x0000007e and might include a file name. 

That will help me a lot in diagnosing whats going wrong.

Has the error happened through more than 1 attempt?

Make sure the CPU is running at an appropriate temperature in your BIOS.

It can be caused by a driver problem with a piece of hardware on the motherboard.

Sometimes I see this error because the drives are in the wrong configuration.  Do you know what interface your harddrive\optical drive uses (IDE, SATA etc)?

Occasionally this error can be caused by faulty RAM, but that's less likely and if it gets to that point we can test the memory.

So-- check the CPU temp, make sure your drives are in the right configuration, then make the error happen again and get the details.

Let me know how it goes or if you have other questions.


--------------------
Q: We wanted to see if you had the ability to expand your mind and your horizons... and for one brief moment, you did.
PICARD: When I realized the paradox...
Q: Exactly. For that one fraction of a second, you were open to options you'd never considered. That's the exploration that awaits you...not mapping stars and studying nebulae... but charting the unknowable possibilities of existence.

To carry yourself forward and experience myriad things is delusion. That myriad things come forth and experience themselves is awakening. -Dogen Zenji

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Advanced computer help!!! asap. [Re: Psy Baba]
    #9238807 -

DuNeRaVeR said:
I just bought all new parts to make a sick computer.

Quad core intel processor, 4gb ram, serial drive, the works.  All I have at teh moment is a cracked XP CD I have been using for years, and has never had an issue.

I put all my parts together and doubled checked everything.  I then started it up and everything looked good. 

I booted from the XP cd, all good.  formatted the HD and then it began copying over all the XP files, still all good.

It finished copying and restarted to start installing, it got to "installing dvices" and took me to the blue screen of death giving me the message

  "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

The only thing not brand new on this computer is the power supply.

  help pleeeeaaase :laugh:, and thanks.

PS; I have googled this and found nothing has helped me.  Also, I have onboard video at this point so, it is not driver faults.



What is the wattage of your power supply? Please list all the specs of your computer...it could be a number of things. Not enough power to a graphics card could cause that message. Also, double check that any PCI cards are VERY SECURE, a loose graphics card caused that error for me before.


--------------------
Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing. -Paul Gilbert

I don't know.  I never smoked AstroTurf.  -Tug McGraw, after being asked if he preferred grass or artificial turf

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Advanced computer help!!! asap. [Re: Moodion]
    #9238851 -

try your pci card/s in different slots. once one is stable, add.


--------------------
Extracting when the sun shines!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Advanced computer help!!! asap. [Re: toastandjam]
    #9238904 -

My Hard drive is a SATA  80gb

There is only one PCI slot on the board, and it is not in use.

There are 2 sticks of RAM, both 2 gb each, running dual channel.

I only have onboard vid.

My power supply is 500W max, and is a couple years old, but obviously working ok if I got as far as installing windows.

The error is,

0x0000000A (0x00000010, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x80523e78)

The error occurs everytime, just around "installing devices"

  Oddly enough, I built this new computer because my old one kept restart from teh same damn error.

The only similarities are the power supply and the XP CD.

my CPU is running at 40c

motherboard is at 39c

ICH is at 62c

MCH is at 45c


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Edited by Psy Baba (11/13/08 05:28 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Advanced computer help!!! asap. [Re: Psy Baba]
    #9238968 -

I suggest you try a new CD then.


--------------------
Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing. -Paul Gilbert

I don't know.  I never smoked AstroTurf.  -Tug McGraw, after being asked if he preferred grass or artificial turf

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Advanced computer help!!! asap. [Re: Moodion]
    #9239034 -

Moodion said:
I suggest you try a new CD then.



QFT.  The error code is the really generic one. 

If you want, until you get another disc, try pulling one stick of RAM and redo the install see if it happens again.  If it does, remove it, put the other one in, try again (process of elimination).

But really, get a real XP CD and see what happens.  Then we can get to troubleshooting hardware.


--------------------
Q: We wanted to see if you had the ability to expand your mind and your horizons... and for one brief moment, you did.
PICARD: When I realized the paradox...
Q: Exactly. For that one fraction of a second, you were open to options you'd never considered. That's the exploration that awaits you...not mapping stars and studying nebulae... but charting the unknowable possibilities of existence.

To carry yourself forward and experience myriad things is delusion. That myriad things come forth and experience themselves is awakening. -Dogen Zenji

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Advanced computer help!!! asap. [Re: toastandjam]
    #9239043 -

Well..not necessarily a REAL XP CD. I've never used any but the pirated ones. Reburn it and try again. If that doesn't work, download another image and burn that one and try it.


--------------------
Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing. -Paul Gilbert

I don't know.  I never smoked AstroTurf.  -Tug McGraw, after being asked if he preferred grass or artificial turf

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Advanced computer help!!! asap. [Re: Moodion]
    #9239065 -

Are you sure teh XP will work on a newer motherboard? it is a DG45ID.

Also, anyone have a torrent for a decent XP?  Is vista well cracked yet?


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Advanced computer help!!! asap. [Re: Psy Baba]
    #9239103 -

:pm:


--------------------
Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing. -Paul Gilbert

I don't know.  I never smoked AstroTurf.  -Tug McGraw, after being asked if he preferred grass or artificial turf

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* ARGH! (aka help me with computer problem) Thin White Duke 653 1 04/29/05 03:19 AM
by fresh313
* Calling all computer nerds HELP me!!!!! barfightlard 1,348 11 09/12/04 08:05 PM
by barfightlard
* More computer problems. *DELETED* KahSol 943 9 04/29/05 07:36 AM
by PrisonSong
* Computer Problems (Hard Drive Fault) Mushie_Man 741 4 12/16/04 12:51 PM
by Vvellum
* Computers.. xXScYtHeXx 896 9 06/12/04 05:07 PM
by xXScYtHeXx
* My new computer d33p 1,010 10 04/05/05 02:40 PM
by d33p
* Computer Problems
( 1 2 all )
Mushie_Man 2,559 20 12/22/04 07:26 PM
by BitterPill
* Computer crashed!!!!!!! niteowl 1,490 14 08/05/05 02:36 PM
by niteowl

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
812 topic views. 4 members, 21 guests and 169 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.