Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
To Screen or not to Screen?
    #9106557 -

So I was hitting up a bowl, and realized that I actually don't use a screen. I mean of course I knew I didn't use a screen, but I never thought of how different from most people I am for doing this. Most of my friends and people I know, use a screen whenever using something legit, such as a glass bubbler or bong, of course because the hole is big....and...waste not want not. :smirk:

So anyways I kinda like to share what I do, and maybe so how different I am from people.

I usually use my bubbler, and like almost all pieces the hole in the bowl is big and if you put normal sized pieces(grinded) it'll fall to the bottom. So I always have this little nug, that covers the whole hole and a little more, and I always put that on the hole, and then pack the rest of my bowl accordingly. This gives me the whole bowl to use without that extra space for the screen, and it let's me pack it tighter. With a screen it's kind of bouncy so you get more air coming in your bubbler than smoke.

Anyways, sorry if it's a random topic, but I'm sure there are many other methods people use, and I'm interested in hearing them. One of my friends actually uses stems at the bottom of the bowl.

Here's just a little poll to see comparitive results.
Do you use a screen in your bowl?
You may choose only one


Votes accepted from 10/20/08 09:03 PM until the end of time
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: To Screen or not to Screen? [Re: skaterickets]
    #9106562 -

Also, feel free to talk about anything else involving screens.
It's the pub!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: To Screen or not to Screen? [Re: skaterickets]
    #9106563 -

Nah...I don't like the idea of the screen blackening and me inhaling metal smoke.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: To Screen or not to Screen? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #9106581 -

A 'good' screen shouldn't do that.
When I used to use screens I always ran a butane torch on them for a while to kind of take away that metallic taste.

It's still noticable though.
One other thing I hate about them is that the smoke tends to be hotter. :rolleyes:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: To Screen or not to Screen? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #9106587 -

they have glass screens. theres a few different types (daisies, jacks, meteors) but i suggest them for glass bongs, keeps alot of herb from falling in the water, keeps the water cleaner, they dont burn through and are reusable (mine last me months each), and they olny take a minute to clean.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: To Screen or not to Screen? [Re: tical41689]
    #9106622 -

Wow, a very important point I missed!

I actually wanted to get one of those at least to try it out, but my local headshops don't have those.

I should get around to ordering them online, when I'm less lazy and buisy.

They probably keep the original taste of my tabaco water pipe, for my TABACO USE ONLY. :tongue2:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: To Screen or not to Screen? [Re: skaterickets]
    #9106682 -

Beware, of doing what I ALWAYS do. I forget the glass screen is in there and dump the ash in the trash, usually loosing the fucking screen.

I said fuck using screens cuz I always forget they're there anyway.


--------------------

"In the 60s people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal...go figure."

Becoming human was not part of the plan...

I wish I could be as high as my tolerance-danlennon

Reality is a crutch for those that can't cope with drugs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: To Screen or not to Screen? [Re: skaterickets]
    #9106693 -

Cone?


--------------------
We do not know what we want and yet we are responsible for what we are - that is the fact.
Jean-Paul Sartre

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: To Screen or not to Screen? [Re: polantis]
    #9106705 -

just ball up a stem and throw it in the bottom. works well


--------------------
whats this man saying?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: To Screen or not to Screen? [Re: skaterickets]
    #9106753 -

skaterickets said:
Also, feel free to talk about anything else involving screens.
It's the pub!



Thanks for the permission! :smirk:


--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: To Screen or not to Screen? [Re: circularvortex]
    #9106807 -

circularvortex said:
skaterickets said:
Also, feel free to talk about anything else involving screens.
It's the pub!



Thanks for the permission! :smirk:



Hey, I mean, a lot of people think the topic is limited to what the main idea is, which in this case is whether to use screen them or not, and may feel like if they say something it better be about the main idea or question, or else keep your mouth shut, and it's good to have a good friendly reminder that were in a chill out forum where you can pretty much comment on anything as long as it's not completely off-topic.

'Ya feel me? :smile:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Anyone with a big screen tv lemon_lw 1,626 16 08/06/06 06:54 PM
by Prisoner#1
* I Need A Screen For My Bowl
( 1 2 all )
FoURtWeNTy420 4,741 27 05/03/07 02:21 AM
by TurntableJunky
* My Little Stash Of Glass........
( 1 2 3 all )
kindkesey 7,527 46 05/18/04 12:11 PM
by YouEnjoyMyself
* Screen savers
( 1 2 all )
funkymonk 2,591 27 01/19/05 08:15 PM
by Anjaba
* So I have a gigantic screen Jadian 1,257 15 01/28/07 10:04 PM
by Jadian
* should i put a screen in my bubbler? notapillow 5,752 12 05/10/05 09:59 PM
by notapillow
* Do I need a screen for this pipe? Aaladorn 852 10 06/15/05 12:23 AM
by THE KRAT BARON
* Full Screen Liquidkick 287 0 12/29/05 06:36 PM
by Liquidkick

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
781 topic views. 5 members, 24 guests and 148 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.056 seconds spending 0.032 seconds on 21 queries.