Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Broken Bubbler; Will this Fix it?
    #9097538 -

So today I gots me another bubbler, and it was fairly expensive($60). It was actually incredibly thick glass and crazy artwork, but I made the stupid mistake of not checking for cracks when I bought it because I was too exited, and this one happened to have one at the mouthpiece. Anyways, I set it on the table about to hit up a bowl and it broke.

:mad2:.

I would hate to run to the shop again, I would hate to spend the money again, I think this is the last one they had.

Anyways I just used 'Krazy Glue' to fix it, and it seems fine. Do you guys thin I'll be fine? Meaning the glue won't release crazy chemicals when I smoke it?

Am I fine?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Broken Bubbler; Will this Fix it? [Re: skaterickets]
    #9097552 -

cyanoacrylate, it's some wonderful stuff, that cyano part,
doesnt mean it's made from mushrooms, there's not enough
cyanide in there to kill you but it's a bad idea, fins a glass
blower that is capable of doing repairs or take it back and
have it replaced

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Broken Bubbler; Will this Fix it? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #9097567 -

FOAF has fixed his bong(s) multiple times using super(krazy) glue, not to mention various other pipes.  I too have glued a piece back together.  I try not to expose any glue to the inside where the smoke travels, but instead apply it on the cracked area, and onto the outside of the piece.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Broken Bubbler; Will this Fix it? [Re: skaterickets]
    #9098038 -

Does the glue get hot when you smoke?

Does it make it taste funny?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Broken Bubbler; Will this Fix it? [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #9098051 -

one time the cops were searchin my dorm found my bubler, put it back it its case and threw it against the wall breaking it :mad2:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Broken Bubbler; Will this Fix it? [Re: Coaster]
    #9098307 -

I never noticed any difference really... just dont get glue on the inside of the piece and it should be okay.

Can't be any worse than smoking a cigarette :scat:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Broken Bubbler; Will this Fix it? [Re: AKSE]
    #9099206 -

it's a better choice to find someone to repair it or to have it
replaced, both of which are safe as you wont cut your lip when
the piece falls off

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Broken Bubbler; Will this Fix it? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #9099429 -

ive tried it, it will make your bud taste like shit and imo isnt worth it, buy another piece cause the one you "fixed" isnt pretty to look at or good to smoke with...so why have it.


--------------------
"believe it if you need it, or leave it if you dare."

"turn all the hate in the world, into a mocking bird. make it fly away" :peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Broken Bubbler; Will this Fix it? [Re: gofudgeyourself]
    #9099865 -

Just a though:  if you can find out what kind of glass it is from the shop, you might be able to repair it with a blowtorch.  Borosilicate glass is surprisingly easy to mend and manipulate without much risk of shocking the glass and having the whole thing break.

Just set the shards together and blowtorch weld them back together.  You might leave a slight seam, but it will be stronger than krazy glue.  It's better if you have a really small flame to localize the heat, and thus minimize warping.


--------------------

Edited by Minstrel (10/19/08 12:40 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Bowl/Piece Repair citricacidx 752 10 03/30/08 09:49 AM
by sirbojangles
* Bubbler
( 1 2 all )
whiterabbit13 2,617 25 05/02/04 08:33 PM
by YouEnjoyMyself
* Vaporizer Broken StrandedVoyager 986 8 07/05/08 06:30 PM
by Wolfgang
* Bubblers
( 1 2 all )
gdman 4,127 33 07/21/04 03:31 PM
by Phychotron
* amazing bubbler
( 1 2 all )
Atheist 1,647 23 08/04/08 09:52 AM
by hazey
* Fixing a noisy exhaust? TarMonkey 7,957 14 09/25/06 11:15 AM
by Viveka
* Smoking a superglued bubbler...? Hrethic 1,248 9 12/16/05 08:40 PM
by riby
* Pressure cooker repair
( 1 2 3 all )
pablokabute 1,189 44 07/10/21 10:18 AM
by psi

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
5,642 topic views. 3 members, 16 guests and 197 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.